test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Screen freeze trying to get into Mirror Invasion

shanker666shanker666 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
I've just spent over an hour trying to get one toon into Mirror Invasion and then the last time I got kicked out to desktop, I got a 30 minute cd on the stf. How the hell are we supposed to play this TRIBBLE when the game doesn't even work properly? Not to mention the particle scan and haggle missions. Why won't you guys get it together and fix this stuff? I'm tired of being slammed with new ships every week, when the game itself is in dire need of repair. I know those are 2 separate departments but come on, this is just BS. Until this mess is fixed, I certainly won't be spending any more money here. Enough is enough!

Sorry for the rant, but I'm not happy with the condition of the game, and I don't think that throwing new ships at us should take precedence over basic game play.

Comments

• Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    me too, happening to me on three toons for all evening so far....other pve content is fine....im trying to finih my first game event and I cant even get into the mission....frustrating....this type of thing is stopping me paying for the lifetime membership.
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    I had no problem with freezing this morning but from 2pm GMT I cannot get in at all. Since there is a possibility that the time is relevant I also submitted a ticket through my ISP to see if it is something instigated by them (traffic shaping). Also since pathping shows a 100% packet loss when the route goes through LINX it will be interesting to see if they find that an issue.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    takfeltakfel Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Same
  • Options
    james64guyjames64guy Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Same here. Seven 'screen freeze' incidents yesterday and three so far today, all resulting in MEGA frustration. Oh, and having to CAD > End Task and restart to get back to the game.
    Time of incidents is varied for me. Today, so far, only this morning. Yesterday all happened in the evening (GMT that is).
  • Options
    dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    Since changing my command line to start the game to the following I have had no freezes between transfers at all:

C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C start "" /affinity 2 "L:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online.exe"

The purpose of the command is to start the game using only 1 core, in this case core 1, so that it minimises the chance of a speedy computer managing to put itself into race or deadlock conditions and hence proceed as normal. This will only work on a computer with 2 or more physical cores but the chances are that you would not be freezing if you had 2 or less anyway.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • Options
    shanker666shanker666 Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    Thanks for your comments. I don't use Steam so that's not relevant in my case. Besides that, why should I have to write some command line because Cryptic can't get their basic game code to work? There's been 2 maintenances since this problem started and not even a "sorry, that doesn't make us money"? The game becomes even more broken every week with no end in sight.