test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

A Single Step

Comments

• Options
    ufpterrellufpterrell Member Posts: 736 Arc User
    Hopefully there will be a mission where we can go back in time and have a whole set of missions set in TMP era with D7's and Constitution refits and Miranda's (with all new show accurate models) which we can buy in the c-store and make me all nostalgic thinking of SFC...

Oh wait, they want to do ENT stuff? *sigh*
    Terrell.png

Looking for a dedicated Star Trek community? Visit www.ufplanets.com for details.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I just hope they work in Gary 7, Roberta Lincoln, Isis, and the Beta 5 computer from Assignment: Earth. Watching Enterprise made me suspect that Gary was a Temporal Cold War agent.
    Isis is an Ultra-Rare DOff card.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Hmmm...interesting.

Mention of Genesis device in STO = WIN

Denobulan = WIN

Daniels = oh lord here we go...

Guess we'll meet those space TRIBBLE at some point then in a future episode?

And one other thing, if we are going the route of the temporal cold war does that means that humongous Universe class Enterprise is a possibility in the future?

SulMatuul.png
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Let's time travel back to a time where everything was ok and stay there forever. :) The episode could be called...Perfect Time!
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    So cool seeing this tie TNG and Enterprise together. Just watched the TNG episode with Picard on Risa with the Vorgons.
  • Options
    freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Daniels?

In Captain Archer's best voice, "Oh boy!"
    m12Pkoj.png
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    So are we going to see Daniels in game? Now I want to be able to form my own strike force from all over history to end the cold war!
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    If I recall correctly, the writers of Enterprise had no idea where they were actually going with the Temporal Cold War plot, hence why it was pretty bad within the series itself. At the very least I think that STO's writers probably have an idea on where they want to take this storyline in the future, which should be a good thing. Sure, STO's writing has been hit, and miss in the past, but at least they probably know where they want to take this storyline.
  • Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,758 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I always hoped they would connect 24th century elements into ENT by the TCW somehow (could've been an interesting story challenge for the writers). Anyway, I hope we get to see Dulmur and Lucsly at some point this season. :)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    If I recall correctly, the writers of Enterprise had no idea where they were actually going with the Temporal Cold War plot, hence why it was pretty bad within the series itself. At the very least I think that STO's writers probably have an idea on where they want to take this storyline in the future, which should be a good thing. Sure, STO's writing has been hit, and miss in the past, but at least they probably know where they want to take this storyline.

The whole show had no idea where it was going. They probably wanted to make a proper prequel and show the early days of Star Trek when they still were brainstorming. Pretty quickly they decided forced recognition of well known Trek visuals and plots was needed to keep viewers on board, they completely lost it a bit in and desperately took the 9/11 heroism train only to end in the TCW mess shortly before the show got canceled. It's just a shame CBS took that as a voting that "people don't want Star Trek" for so long, instead of looking at Nemesis and Ent and seeing that people don't want badly written name grabbing junk. But media companies never learn, I guess. We only get a new show because they want to sell CBS All Access - we'll see what that means int erms of quality...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    zellkarrathzellkarrath Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    angrytarg wrote: »
    The whole show had no idea where it was going. They probably wanted to make a proper prequel and show the early days of Star Trek when they still were brainstorming. Pretty quickly they decided forced recognition of well known Trek visuals and plots was needed to keep viewers on board, they completely lost it a bit in and desperately took the 9/11 heroism train only to end in the TCW mess shortly before the show got canceled. It's just a shame CBS took that as a voting that "people don't want Star Trek" for so long, instead of looking at Nemesis and Ent and seeing that people don't want badly written name grabbing junk. But media companies never learn, I guess. We only get a new show because they want to sell CBS All Access - we'll see what that means int erms of quality...​​

Agreed. I'm just pointing out The Temporal Cold War plot line in particular given that this is what we are probably going to be getting into with STO. Enterprise suffered from an array of other problems in my opinion, this was just one in particular that STO will hopefully have a better grasp on.

I'm also hoping we have good writing, and acting for the upcoming Star Trek series. It's still awfully early to speculate, but I agree that using this series as a way to sell CBS All Access isn't exactly promising.
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    As a big temporal cold war Enterprise fan I have been waiting and hoping for this! Hurrah!

Yay! I'm not the only "heretic" here!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    alexraptorralexraptorr Member Posts: 1,192 Arc User
    Still waiting for an obligatory World War II Feature Episode!
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross. But it's not for the timid." - Q
  • Options
    capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    Hmmm... well, I'm intrigued. That said, what happened to the 'being explorers again' that the New Dawn trailer talked about? Getting involved in the Temporal Cold War doesn't seem to really fit the bill.
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    Enterprises biggest enemies were poor script writing and ignoring trek history from the first episode. The temporal cold war was one of the higher points of the entire show, and I look forward to seeing more of it.
  • Options
    themetalstickmanthemetalstickman Member Posts: 1,010 Arc User
    grtiggy wrote: »
    sooooooooooooooooooo sick of god dam time travel :( ive hated every single episode of time travel there has been in star trek its getting to the point where i would actually prefer a moogie episode at this point. and we jsut got done with medeling with time to save ourselves from the iconians... sevral times... and it cost our universe an entire race to do it.

Well that's the thing about time travel; if someone else initiates it, you don't really have a choice.​​
    Og12TbC.jpg

Your father was captain of a starship for twelve minutes. He saved 800 lives, including your mother's, and yours.

I dare you to do better.
  • Options
    crm14916crm14916 Member Posts: 1,516 Arc User
    I enjoyed the show and I enjoy this game. It's fun... For me at least. Ready for whatever comes my way...

:smiley:
    CM
    "Equipped with his five senses, man explores the universe around him and calls the adventure science." - Edwin Hubble
  • Options
    keletteskelettes Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    So that's how the Tholies got so interested in that phase inhibitor! :o

And Daniels is involved too??! I loved those ENT episodes where past and future met!

Can't wait to see where we're going with this, and how we fit into the Temporal Cold War :smile:

Also, will we get to visit the Lukari to open diplomatic relations at some point? Or are we getting dumped right back into the deep waters and the pew-pew?
    "Ad astra audacter eamus in alis fidelium."
    -
    "To boldly go to the stars on the wings of the faithful."
  • Options
    antonine3258antonine3258 Member Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    <rubs hands> Oh, boy, here we go! (Somehow, this one feels like less us time travelling and meddling, and more dealing with meddling time travellers)
    Fate - protects fools, small children, and ships named Enterprise Will Riker

Member Access Denied Armada!

My forum single-issue of rage: Make the Proton Experimental Weapon go for subsystem targetting!
  • Options
    josephdridgewayjosephdridgeway Member Posts: 517 Arc User
    I hate temporal mechanics
    Fleet Admiral Joseph D. Ridgeway
    The Armada
    Original join date: Feb 5, 2010
    Twitter: @davejl_99, & @STO_BBArmada
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    Please let it mean an end-game NX Class!!! <3<3<3
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    sadorsador Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Gary 7 would be awesome, dunno about Roberta though.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    freakium wrote: »
    Daniels?

In Captain Archer's best voice, "Oh boy!"

Heh...
    I hear Dr. Sam Beckett.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    thomaselkinsthomaselkins Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Daniels, nice. I hope this means he will appear in this game at some point and I especially like that they are connecting some of the time travel episodes together.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Bring on the vampire-looking alien TRIBBLE's

How about these TRIBBLE?
    patterns-of-force.jpg

f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    khan5000 wrote: »
    Bring on the vampire-looking alien TRIBBLE's
    How about these TRIBBLE?
    patterns-of-force.jpg
    Ah yes, the truely evil ones!
    coulomb2 wrote: »
    I am very much enjoying these new missions, but as an astronomer there is something I feel compelled to point out - red dwarf stars have expected main sequence lifetimes of hundreds of billions to over a trillion years. There is no way a red dwarf would be naturally nearing the end of its life cycle (the universe is only 13.7 billion years old). The only way that could happen is if (as happened in Sunrise) somebody actually artificially messed with the star's fusion processes.
    Meh, most of what we think we know is based on indirect observations over thousands of lightyears. It's hardly what I would consider proven.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hamishmacdoogalhamishmacdoogal Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    coulomb2 wrote: »
    I am very much enjoying these new missions, but as an astronomer there is something I feel compelled to point out - red dwarf stars have expected main sequence lifetimes of hundreds of billions to over a trillion years. There is no way a red dwarf would be naturally nearing the end of its life cycle (the universe is only 13.7 billion years old). The only way that could happen is if (as happened in Sunrise) somebody actually artificially messed with the star's fusion processes.

As a nerd that isn't an astronomer, I feel compelled to point out to that Kumaarke refers to Lukari as a planet, not a moon. Perhaps it was artificially placed in orbit of a gas giant.
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    My only issue with us having a temporal cold war is the fact that I thought season 11 was going to be about exploration

only exploring i've done so far is my bank account to see if I can squeeze in a few more ship slots.

Cant we go a few months without pew pew?
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    I like these stories they make looking at the website for info more appealing when I really don't like what is happening in the game at the least we have these :)