What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bad community

2»

Comments

• Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Star Trek Online Zone chat is the worst hive of scum and villainy since Mos Eisley space port.

Lol, I keep zone chat in it's own tab with OPvP for when I'm in Ker'rat or in arena. Outside of that, I don't ever look at Zone chat.
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    Don't wanna be mean but if you want to continue playing online games you'ill have to grow a thicker skin. The good and friendly people you are talking about are still in the game. There's even a fleet that lets you use all their facilities for free (NoP No Public). You only have to bring along fleet credits and dilithium. And in my experience when you ask a question on ESD or in sector space (better yet on a separate channel) there is always somebody who will try to help you. You will just have to overlook the troll anwers from other people.

As for this forum. There is indeed a bunch of people who never tire of playing forum police and attack anybody who makes a mistake or posts a question, that has already been answered somewhere else. While the search function should indeed be your first step when you have a question, don't be discouraged from posting a new thread if you can't find the answer immediatly. Just don't let some mean posts get to you, learn to ignore them.
  • Options
    semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    If you want some help I'll be glad to assist you I may have some gear stashed away on my pack mules you could use just contact me in game I'm usually on late at night though
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    NOP public chat is a nice place to meet people with a variety of people and have civil discussions. We even discussed politics once without any flaming and it was completely civil!

Except one TRIBBLE that we all promptly blocked. (Of course the starfleet dentals swooped in to suck his TRIBBLE)

In fact here is a word of advice, if you see anyone from Starfleet Dental run for you life and don't look back. They aren't your average garden variety trolls they are organized advanced trolls. For some ironic reason they started NOP which thankfully has grown beyond their Influence.
  • Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As for Nakura, don't assume all who steal kills and spot do that in purpose. Some people are trying their best to figure out things and behaviors and didn't yet learn what is done and what isn't. Sometimes some such may even be trying to help, and annoy others accidentally by killing what they shouldn't. Trust me, I do know that 1st hand.

As for zone chat, I saw the best and I've seen the worst there too.

I was shocked by some saying there on my 1st times in game too.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    Can I has your stuff?

NB4L.
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    warr182warr182 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    The long timers , just got fedup with cryptic saying pvp is not profitable,,,,,We have been waiting from season 3 ? ,For PVP space revamp ..Its been the same since the start of the game .I dont think cryptic really understands the long time players left over cryptics inactivity on pvp ,you killed it by doing nothing,,That said many of my friends and most of the pvp comunity would come back if they would really give pvp a soild exp,,My favorite idea is true space to ground combat. Starships fighting for control over space, shuttles dog fighting in the planet's atmosphere so we can beam down to take the ground defences ,that could be used to punish the ships and shuttle forces trying to take over ,THAT is what our game should be,,,,If you build it they will come back.