test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't create Liberated Borg Romulan or Talaxians on an LTS account

starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
Basically what the title says. I can still create Liberated Humans and Klingons, however. It's just the Romulans and Talaxians that are missing.

Comments

• lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    It is funny to see that there is a sale on bugged stuff :D
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • alairanfennecalairanfennec Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Same here. Romulan Liberated Borg and Talaxians missing on my Lifetime account.
  • kkeene#2425 kkeene Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I also Have the same problem :(
  • helixsunbringerhelixsunbringer Member Posts: 249 Arc User
    I am likewise having a problem where my Romulan Liberated Borg option isn't showing up in the Character Creator. Everything else seems to be showing up just fine though...
  • myklodmyklod Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Same
  • shivarussell#2096 shivarussell Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    same, not happy....
  • shivarussell#2096 shivarussell Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    If you advertise something as being included I expect that item/service to be available. Promising something then not delivering is at best 'False Advertising', at worst a downright lie!!
  • svecksveck Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Yeah, how nice to be sold something for two hundred bucks only to have it not work as advertised. Unable to make a Talaxian.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,865 Arc User
    Yup...all but Lib Humon and Klink borked for me too
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
  • starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    Last time I'm sure I saw Talaxians on the character creation screen was before Season 11 launched. Not sure when they disappeared.
  • robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    edited November 2015

Didn't they fix it with the November 5 Holodeck patch? http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9636563
    General: Resolved an issue that was blocking some players from being able to use Species which had previously been purchased.

This also means they are once again available to purchase in the C-Store for those who do not own these species.

Or was it only the species unlocks in the c-store they fixed?

Edit: I guess it was only c-store species they fixed. Borticus' post seems to have been posted today, so a fix is still in the works.
    If you advertise something as being included I expect that item/service to be available. Promising something then not delivering is at best 'False Advertising', at worst a downright lie!!

To be fair, this is a bug. The liberated Romulans and Talaxians do exist, so if you picked up an LTS they will be fixing this one. That said, it's amusing the ad's been changed from a pair of Talaxians to the T6 Chimera.
  • svecksveck Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    Amusing might not be the word I'd use. Shady. Greedy. Nonchalant. Irresponsible. Lazy. Careless. Thieves. I can think of so many words that DO fit Cryptic's reaction (and lack thereof) to clearly advertising something that was not delivered upon payment. But they've distracted me with double xp, so I'm not as mad as I should be. Wait! Considering I wanted to USE the double xp to grind my NEW TALAXIAN THAT I CAN'T MAKE AFTER PAYING TWO HUNDRED BUCKS, yes, I'm peeved. Thieves.
    Yeah, I don't expect others to be amused.

To be fair, I'm on an account that's had an LTS since 2010. I had access to a Chimera for a week before they changed the system so that LTSs got access to all the vet rewards instantly. I've got at least 13 liberated borg, split between all three flavors. So, for me, this isn't, "I just spent two hundred bucks on a thing and it's not working right."

What I don't have are Talaxians, because they were added while I was taking a break from the game, so coming back and then realizing, "oh, hey, that'd be nice to have," and the game tells me, "nope, that's broken right now" my reaction is kinda, "eh, what else is new."

I'm not discounting your reaction, but, I can say, they will fix this. Because as you pointed out, you just spent 200 bucks on a thing, and not delivering the services advertised is still a pretty serious thing. Also, because, you just spent 200 bucks on the game, so it's a fairly reasonable assumption that you'd be willing to spend more in the future, assuming they don't burn you first. So, yeah, I'm fairly confidant this will get fixed as soon as they notice it's derped up.
  • angelustrekangelustrek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just cry a little inside every time i can't create a borg character when x2 Exp weeks/weekends happen to come by...
  • monkeybone13monkeybone13 Member Posts: 4,640 Arc User
    I just cry a little inside every time i can't create a borg character when x2 Exp weeks/weekends happen to come by...

Didn't you see today's patch notes? They moved the next bonus XP weekend event to December 24.
  • crypticbatsoupcrypticbatsoup Member Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all, just popping in to let everyone know that this issue's been worked on and a fix is making its way through QA. The lifetime species unlocks were set up differently than the C-Store unlocks, which is why they weren't fixed in the last patch. Since I'm a programmer I can't give an ETA but it's on the way.
    Today is a good day to fix bugs.
  • angelustrekangelustrek Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Thank you!
  • lamyrslamyrs Member Posts: 312 Arc User
    That's already 2 weeks I am trying
    Hey all, just popping in to let everyone know that this issue's been worked on and a fix is making its way through QA. The lifetime species unlocks were set up differently than the C-Store unlocks, which is why they weren't fixed in the last patch. Since I'm a programmer I can't give an ETA but it's on the way.

Thank you for the update but :
    - No races were fixed last patch
    - Fed&Klg Liberated Borg have been fixed 2 patchs ago and they are not a C-Store unlock
    I am from Belgium and english isn't my main language, sorry if I make mistakes.
  • baldcapbaldcap Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Totally agree when you drop the kind of cash for a lifetime mebership you expect to get what you pay for... starting to wish I stayed with the other game I was playing.