test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

vulcan ship

was wondering,

are we ever going to see a Vulcan ship?

don't get me wrong, its amaze balls to see all these wacky new alien race ships... or these aliens that were in like one episode of the show for 5 minutes get their ship thrown into the game, even if its a t5 lockbox toss over shoulder LOL

but seriously, where is the love for the flipin' Vulcans?

they made first contact, they watched over and defended earth when humans were just starting to explore, they tried to save Romulus..

I mean right there is 3 examples that had a Vulcan ship involved that was at IMPORTANT POINTS in the star trek universe

I don't know, was sitting back thinking about the new t6 defiant, brel, etc and the question popped up

anyone else wondering where the hell are the Vulcan scout ship, Vulcan cruiser, and wtf you call spock's speed demon ship?
tumblr_n0awq7j8y91rlct23o1_400.gif?w=842

Comments

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The D'Kyr Science Vessel is vulcan. And I guess you're also able to get the Tal'Kyr Support Craft (shuttle) that's vulcan if you buy the D'Kyr.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The vulcans probably aren't producing more ships. Which is why they're still using ENT era ships as science ships. (It was originally a combat cruiser, but was most likely stripped down of most combat systems for more room for science stuff.) They don't need defense ships, because starfleet has that covered. Granted, there is a "future" vulcan ship in the shows. Maybe if that's supposed to happen around this time, Cryptic can make it. (Edit: After all, retrofitting old ships can only go so far.)
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    More alien ships in the C-Store would be awesome but they still have some hero ships to T6 first. I have no doubt they have a long release schedule planned since it's their primary income.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,827 Arc User
    beameddown wrote: »
    was wondering,

are we ever going to see a Vulcan ship?

don't get me wrong, its amaze balls to see all these wacky new alien race ships... or these aliens that were in like one episode of the show for 5 minutes get their ship thrown into the game, even if its a t5 lockbox toss over shoulder LOL

but seriously, where is the love for the flipin' Vulcans?

they made first contact, they watched over and defended earth when humans were just starting to explore, they tried to save Romulus..

I mean right there is 3 examples that had a Vulcan ship involved that was at IMPORTANT POINTS in the star trek universe

I don't know, was sitting back thinking about the new t6 defiant, brel, etc and the question popped up

anyone else wondering where the hell are the Vulcan scout ship, Vulcan cruiser, and wtf you call spock's speed demon ship?

Just one little gripe about this, they didn't try to save Romulus...they refused to aid Romulus, Spock went rogue when he tried to save it.
  • Options
    turbomagnusturbomagnus Member Posts: 3,479 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    More alien ships in the C-Store would be awesome but they still have some hero ships to T6 first. I have no doubt they have a long release schedule planned since it's their primary income.

Personally, I consider the recent release of the T6 Nausicaan Kolasi Seige Dreadnought to be a good sign for all the non-Klingon, non-Starfleet players out there that want more ships for their Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn/Lethean/Ferasan/Vulcan/Andorian/Tellarite/Caitian/Bajoran, etc...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Isn't the "future" Vulcan ship supposed to be a carrier?

That's what the text says, anyway....

Sadly it has a Commission Date of 3125(47 :P )

h2uDRcr.jpg​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Let's see, flip it around...
    "RetroFitted Dorsal Carrier
    Design XRT-55D
    Commission Date 3125"
    Yep, that would be the 32nd Century, all right.

I'm actually more interested by some of the ships surrounding it; looks like there's a Starfleet Aeroshuttle, a Krenium Imperium Warship, and possibly a Klingon ship - maybe a Raptor - that I can make out...
    "If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wondrous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross; but it's not for the timid." -- Q, TNG: "Q-Who?"
    ^Words that every player should keep in mind, especially whenever there's a problem with the game...
  • Options
    sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Let's see, flip it around...
    "RetroFitted Dorsal Carrier
    Design XRT-55D
    Commission Date 3125"
    Yep, that would be the 32nd Century, all right.

I'm actually more interested by some of the ships surrounding it; looks like there's a Starfleet Aeroshuttle, a Krenium Imperium Warship, and possibly a Klingon ship - maybe a Raptor - that I can make out...

There's 2 Klingons ships..... The raptor... then there's a BoP-ish ship in the text/stats in the bottom middle

You can also see a Danube, and a ship that looks very familiar to it's right.....​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • Options
    Oh, yeah, almost couldn't see the BoP because of the writing over it. Hm, and that one near the top-center almost looks Son'a...
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    i also hope for a sci vulcan ship , even if its just one (should be more) heralds have 3 ships and vulcans one ... wtf ... allsow vulcans had warp tech alot before humans ...
  • Options
    chipg7chipg7 Member Posts: 1,577 Arc User
    Personally, I consider the recent release of the T6 Nausicaan Kolasi Seige Dreadnought to be a good sign for all the non-Klingon, non-Starfleet players out there that want more ships for their Nausicaan/Orion/Gorn/Lethean/Ferasan/Vulcan/Andorian/Tellarite/Caitian/Bajoran, etc...

Yeah, that's what I was thinking too. I was super impressed when the Klingon member races were mentioned at the T6 level.

All of the member races we've seen in-game as having ships already will likely get a handful of T6 variants as time goes on. And then for races like the Bajorans, where we know they had ships on-screen but haven't had any in-game yet, there's possibilities there too.

All in time I'm sure, but for the most part I'm just as sure they're focusing on upgrading the existing ships. Take a stroll through the Fed sub-forum for instance, and most of the newest topics are all about T6'ing an existing ship.
  • Options
    captz1ppcaptz1pp Member Posts: 931 Arc User
    While a new Vulcan ship is unlikely, it's my belief a 25th century one would have only 2 warp rings, instead of the 3 ringed one we saw in Daniels database in "Future Tense".
  • Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    i want a Ferasan ship before feds get anymore alien ships
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    kerygankerygan Member Posts: 254 Arc User
    cardassians,andorians,ferengi, and vulcans , are not important races like vaadwaur and heralds are , and they dont builf ships anymore.
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    We need more Vulcan ships, but I dont recall to see a lot of them in the series.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    I've been asking and hoping for a T6 D'Kyr.
    Should they ever release one, I would buy it on the first day. Guaranteed.

I'd name it the Nimoy, or Spock.

Wouldn't matter what the stats were, I'd buy it, no questions asked.
    Hell, they could even recycle the current D'Kyr skin, and I wouldn't complain.

[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    gaevsprivsmangaevsprivsman Member Posts: 314 Arc User
    Its a retrofitted dorsal carrier, that means there is a Vulcan dorsal carrier before it.. could be comissioned around our time, as we are in the begining of the temporal cold war..
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    Vulcans are not like everyone else. For one, Vulcans did not put weapons on their ships. They had crewmen who would think "DIE" at an enemy ship and it would happen. C'thia and being in the Federation changed things. We would have to talk to the IP owners to find out why. I mean, I'm sure there must be Vulcans who work at Utopia Planetia but would the Vulcans themselves design what are essentially warships in this day and age. I think it is more likely that a Vulcan designed ship would be something that only needed to hit an enemy ship ONCE.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    Vulcans are not like everyone else. For one, Vulcans did not put weapons on their ships. They had crewmen who would think "DIE" at an enemy ship and it would happen. C'thia and being in the Federation changed things. We would have to talk to the IP owners to find out why. I mean, I'm sure there must be Vulcans who work at Utopia Planetia but would the Vulcans themselves design what are essentially warships in this day and age. I think it is more likely that a Vulcan designed ship would be something that only needed to hit an enemy ship ONCE.

So you're saying they'd fit perfectly in STO's current meta ?
    :wink:
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    luddimusluddimus Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    warp ring with a dual purpose, propulsion aft, Photonic cannon fore :)