test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What could STO do for Star Trek's 50th Anniversary?

Comments

• cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Sp, everyone's idea of celebration for Stat Trek's 50th anniversary is for Cryptic to give stuff away for free. How narrow minded and selfish.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Sp, everyone's idea of celebration for Stat Trek's 50th anniversary is for Cryptic to give stuff away for free. How narrow minded and selfish.

I not a hint of sarcasm. We are selfish people. :D
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User

I am hoping for some sort of FE either dealing with the very first episode of Star Trek or TMP movie...maybe Vger comes back
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User

Hey, not "Everyone"...
    I'm willing to pay for a second LTS if They do what I suggested.
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Khan,

Now that is a great idea.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • swamarianswamarian Member Posts: 1,506 Arc User
    For a day, everyone flies Connies/D7s.
    Khan,

Now that is a great idea.

if Khan can re integrate from being exploded and made into a planet then there's nothing we can do to him
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User

Well to be fair, Cryptic does often celebrate things in such a way. Just look at what they are doing now with the ENT stuff.
  • mackbolan01mackbolan01 Member Posts: 580 Arc User
    R2D2 as voiced by anthony daniels.......oh sorry wrong franchise​​
  • delerouxdeleroux Member Posts: 478 Arc User
    They'll probably give feds a freebie and ignore KDF... again.
  • bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User

well you have a point there, lets have an event where you can do loads of fun things but never get any rewards, no ships, no uniform, no dilithium and not even any energy credits, sounds like the best thing they could do for Star Trek's 50th anniversary.

count me in.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• echogearechogear Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    how about a 80% discount on a C-store Items for one hour. The exact time the Pilot aired on the west coast, 50 years ago.
  • capnmanxcapnmanx Member Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    echogear wrote: »
    how about a 80% discount on a C-store Items for one hour. The exact time the Pilot aired on the west coast, 50 years ago.

That struck me as a pretty nice idea, until I realised that in all likelyhood most of the playerbase would miss a one hour sale; and then complain greatly. Not good press. Still, a longer sale starting then might be fitting.
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User

You still pretend STO is like what the advertising text on the box suggests, hm? pig-2.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    It should be something TOS, like a set of TOS ships at T5 or better with the proper bridges. Or maybe the TOS style transporter effects, tricorder effects and other missing items.

But CBS and Cryptic seem to hate TOS, so it won't happen. As a result I couldn't care less what they do.
    It should be something TOS, like a set of TOS ships at T5 or better with the proper bridges. Or maybe the TOS style transporter effects, tricorder effects and other missing items.

But CBS and Cryptic seem to hate TOS, so it won't happen. As a result I couldn't care less what they do.

I am not sure why you think they don't like TOS.
    We have a few TOS missions in the game. Full TOS costumes. The TOS Connie with full interior. TOS phasers. Sure the transporter and tricorder effects would be nice. This game is set several hundred years in the future. I see why they wouldn't allow a T5 or T6 Connie.
    Your pain runs deep.
    khan5000 wrote: »

We have a few TOS missions in the game. Full TOS costumes. The TOS Connie with full interior. TOS phasers. Sure the transporter and tricorder effects would be nice. This game is set several hundred years in the future. I see why they wouldn't allow a T5 or T6 Connie.

All those came with release or shortly thereafter. The T5 connie has been stated to be off limits again and again. The last few years have seen nothing.

It seems that CBS a bit after launch determined that TOS was undermining its new stuff and called a halt. If one can't do better than the past, one can at least forbid it.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    Wait, who said Rebirth?
  • thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Epic new mission + new minigame so you can grind it 25 days for another shipcard in admiralty system. And maybe a giveaway. I am expecting nothing more.
    Gameserver not found.
    Wait, who said Rebirth?

Did you come in here and drop a hint?
    Your pain runs deep.

All those came with release or shortly thereafter. The T5 connie has been stated to be off limits again and again. The last few years have seen nothing.

It seems that CBS a bit after launch determined that TOS was undermining its new stuff and called a halt. If one can't do better than the past, one can at least forbid it.

From what we are too there will never be an endgame or endgame adjacent Connie. Star Trek is more than just TOS, it's the movies, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. They have to pull from all those to please everybody.
    Your pain runs deep.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    The timeline falls apart and we're plunged into the Abramsverse. On the plus side, we all get to beat up NuKirk until he stops smirking.
    yukonsam wrote: »
    The timeline falls apart and we're plunged into the Abramsverse. On the plus side, we all get to beat up NuKirk until he stops smirking.

I would be too busy hitting on the way hotter Caitian chicks
    Your pain runs deep.

From what we are too there will never be an endgame or endgame adjacent Connie. Star Trek is more than just TOS, it's the movies, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT. They have to pull from all those to please everybody.

If they had actually equally pulled from all those I wouldn't be unhappy. But restricting TOS to T1 is a flat out and out insult.
  • yukonsamyukonsam Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    yukonsam wrote: »

I would be too busy hitting on the way hotter Caitian chicks

Caitian? I thought they were from the planet Kosplai.

If they had actually equally pulled from all those I wouldn't be unhappy. But restricting TOS to T1 is a flat out and out insult.

But they did pull from them. We got a whole story line with DS9 and that region of space. All of last season was spent in the Delta Quadrant. There have been a few elements pulled from ENT. Q is from TNG...hell even Nimbus 3 is from Star Trek 5.

Why should a ship that is over 100 years old be comparible to ships being built now? If a war breaks out can the US send a few wooden ships to fight with the same abilities as a modern destroyer?
    Your pain runs deep.
    nixboox wrote: »

But they did pull from them. We got a whole story line with DS9 and that region of space. All of last season was spent in the Delta Quadrant. There have been a few elements pulled from ENT. Q is from TNG...hell even Nimbus 3 is from Star Trek 5.

Why should a ship that is over 100 years old be comparible to ships being built now? If a war breaks out can the US send a few wooden ships to fight with the same abilities as a modern destroyer?

I have two words for you: Red Matter Capacitor...

a breach in time and space
    Your pain runs deep.

Tomorrow a Romulan can go buy a T6 ship with a skin that's even older than the Connie. You really think the point you attempted has any bearing on the subject you tried to apply it?

I'm amazed anyone can attempt that with a straight face in this of all games.