test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

please stop adding new stuff and start fixing the numerous bugs.

The title says it all really, bugs.. bugs everywhere and some of them were around over a year ago. Do not get me wrong I like new stuff, especially new shiny stuff but I would rather have no new content, episodes, ships etc and just have 1 patch solely dedicated to fixing bugs and that is all. If they put the same effort it takes in creating our new episodes and ship lines (admittedly some of the new ships probably did not take much effort) than they could seriously remove a lot of problems.

Now this is just personal opinion and I know there will be a lot of trolls, but some of these bugs are just plain annoying. What is everyone's thoughts? would you agree for 1 -2 patches no new stuff and just overall bug fixes?

Comments

• Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    Have you read any of the weekly release notes? Most of them don't contain any new content... and those that do are still mostly bug fixes.
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    gawainviii wrote: »
    Have you read any of the weekly release notes? Most of them don't contain any new content... and those that do are still mostly bug fixes.

This!

They fix bugs every single week.

If there is a particular bug you're having a problem with, you might want to try posting it in the Bug forum. Of course, that will only work if the post is constructive and explains the exact problem(s) you're having.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    Also, the creators behind new content are rarely the same as the ones doing bugfixing.

Though it would be nice if the art division did fix more visual clipping on clothing though.
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    An who is going to pay for the bug-fixing patch? Because with no new content or ships to bring in revenue they are going to lose out on money, which is kinda the driving factor of making the game is to make profit from it an since this is not a sub-game largely (you have the option yet many do not sub) an so most of the profit is from c-store buys not subscription payouts. Only way i could see them do a full bug-fixing centric patch or two is if the player base flipped the bill paying out to cover the loss of revenue from no new ships, or other content as an incentive to improve the playability of the game for all players.
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    From Trendy the last time someone started a thread like this.
    Ok. I'm sick of these now.

The people that generate content are not the ones who work on bug fixes. If there is a glitch or a bug, we need to identify it and that goes through a different system entirely than content generation. This is the equivalent of telling an artist to "fix the line code".

If anything, I'm working to help improve the speed of the bug fixes with my program to augment the process. However suggesting that we should put all other development on hold is not going to happen. That literally is illogical.

Closed.
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    we can wish that at some point cryptic will decide to for a time stop adding stuff that breaks the bandaids from the last content they released and just fix the game not all the bugs but those that make the game hard to play and in some regards unplayable.

But this is just a wild pipe dream
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Also as said you are dealing with two different groups, with one group enabling the ability for the other group to do their job by making the money they need to keep them employed to fix those bugs. So would you like them to lay off the content creator team so that they can pay to hire some temporay employees to speed up an improve bug fix times, while also than taking the fact that after that patch or two the bug fix time will again drop as they rehire thier content creators that might have moved on mind you. AN keep in mind what company is going to keep someone employed that they are not using, because if they are not producing an selling content these guys are creating they are a drain on the revenue an pay of others till their content they created is able to be sold.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    People who post these threads don't understand how game development works.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
    and it doesn't help to say, "TRIBBLE mission sux it's broke"
    instead, you can say Hey, I was doing X, and nothing happened. Y is suppose to happen, but it's not procing. here is a screenshot:.
    a real example is the bank right next to the commodity's vendor on ESD. there is a very narrow band where you will get the interact get too close and it goes away.
    Spock.jpg

• Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    a real example is the bank right next to the commodity's vendor on ESD. there is a very narrow band where you will get the interact get too close and it goes away.

There was a note in Tribbles patch notes today about fixing some interact zones. Perhaps that's one of the ones that's been fixed and might be in Thursdays update.

• Options
    samt1996samt1996 Member Posts: 2,856 Arc User
    What bugs? I love how these threads are nothing but mindless ranting and give absolutely no examples of any substantial problems with the game.

So your mirror universe ferengi thong is the wrong shade of purple? Oh boo-f*cking-hoo, go get a goddam life you waste a flesh.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    samt1996 wrote: »
    What bugs? I love how these threads are nothing but mindless ranting and give absolutely no examples of any substantial problems with the game.

So your mirror universe ferengi thong is the wrong shade of purple? Oh boo-f*cking-hoo, go get a goddam life you waste a flesh.

I second this!
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    messahla wrote: »
    we can wish that at some point cryptic will decide to for a time stop adding stuff that breaks the bandaids from the last content they released and just fix the game not all the bugs but those that make the game hard to play and in some regards unplayable.

Let's say for a minute Cryptic does decide to do that. All of a sudden, we have no new content whatsoever coming out. No ships, no new missions, no new nothing. The ship artists have nothing to do. The environmental artists have nothing to do. The systems designers have nothing to do. The only ones who have anything to do are the people who hunt down the bugs. Without anything to do, the content team has to sit and twiddle their thumbs while they sit there and wait for bugs to be confirmed and passed along to them. Only then can they actually take a look and work on a way to fix it.

I get the feeling you think every developer is also experienced with finding the bugs and fixing them. Not all of them are. They rely on people like Trendy's team of bug reporters to send the reports to the QA team, who find and verify the bugs, and then send it to the right team who can fix the issue. We eventually see the fix in another post.

It's basically unrealistic to ask them to stop producing stuff.

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Wow, is this time of the week again?
    When they stop adding stuff to the game, the game will be on life support and go the way of Champions Online. Provided the licensing cost allow that...
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    imruinedimruined Member Posts: 1,457 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I have to wonder if the people who make these demands take their car to a panel beater, in order to fix a problem with the engine (without so much as even describing what the problem is what's more), as that's essentially what they're demanding by wanting graphics artists to fix programming code?​​
    The entitlement is strong in these forums...

not_funny_Q_shadows_small.jpg
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    People who post these threads don't understand how game development works.

Perhaps one day they should do this. Then they'll learn.​​
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    People who post these threads also never search for the previous eleventy threads that have been created every week or so :)
  • Options
    iceeaglexiceeaglex Member Posts: 375 Arc User
    It's ok OP, i don't think any of these other guys have actually played the game in the last 5 years, they just come to the forum to show how big their e-peen is.
    No one can take these guys seriously.
    "What bugs" and another guy seconded this? You guys are the laughing stock of anyone that still plays the game.

"If there is a particular bug you're having a problem with, you might want to try posting it in the Bug forum. Of course, that will only work if the post is constructive and explains the exact problem(s) you're having."

There are bugs over 5 years old that have had countless threads opened correctly in the correct spot, and still not fixed.

I agree there are a lot of bugs that get fixed, but 'exploits' and anything that helps the players are fixed straight away, and yet it takes years to fix something that only affects the players.

Yes we all know devs dont fix bugs, 2 teams, you're all super smart people for pointing that out.
    Maybe the solution is to hire MORE bug fixers then?
    Then they CAN fix bugs AND make new content?
  • Options
    mel1955mel1955 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    lustrati01 wrote: »
    The title says it all really, bugs.. bugs everywhere and some of them were around over a year ago. Do not get me wrong I like new stuff, especially new shiny stuff but I would rather have no new content, episodes, ships etc and just have 1 patch solely dedicated to fixing bugs and that is all. If they put the same effort it takes in creating our new episodes and ship lines (admittedly some of the new ships probably did not take much effort) than they could seriously remove a lot of problems.

Now this is just personal opinion and I know there will be a lot of trolls, but some of these bugs are just plain annoying. What is everyone's thoughts? would you agree for 1 -2 patches no new stuff and just overall bug fixes?
    yes

• Options
    edited November 2015
    @iceeaglex

Somehow you manage to run your mouth incessantly without speaking a single word of any value. You make no points whatsoever and I have no reason to take your seriously.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Work on new things to sell, or waste time on things they already sold.

Some time before DR and especially with DR, the developers gave up on the game and the players - it's exclusively about milking whales now, whom you don't have to show any respect, in that you have their money no matter how much you TRIBBLE on them.

But then again I never had thousands of people hating me royally and legitamately for my work, I always aced everything I touched so I can't really relate!
  • Options

Let's say for a minute Cryptic does decide to do that. All of a sudden, we have no new content whatsoever coming out. No ships, no new missions, no new nothing. The ship artists have nothing to do. The environmental artists have nothing to do. The systems designers have nothing to do. The only ones who have anything to do are the people who hunt down the bugs. Without anything to do, the content team has to sit and twiddle their thumbs while they sit there and wait for bugs to be confirmed and passed along to them. Only then can they actually take a look and work on a way to fix it.

I get the feeling you think every developer is also experienced with finding the bugs and fixing them. Not all of them are. They rely on people like Trendy's team of bug reporters to send the reports to the QA team, who find and verify the bugs, and then send it to the right team who can fix the issue. We eventually see the fix in another post.

i would sacrifice one season just to get some of the issues fixed maybe not you but i know many people who would be happy if they devoted one season to fixing the game.
  • Options
    kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    The devs that fix bugs and the devs that create content are two different groups. Post your bug in the bug reporting forum or on reddit, and it might be heard.

The below totally applies.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • Options
    THAT'S NOT HOW GAME DEVELOPMENT WORKS!!!

I can't even comprehend the stupid in these people's heads right now.
  • Options
    gawainviiigawainviii Member Posts: 328 Arc User
    vestereng wrote: »
    Some time before DR and especially with DR, the developers gave up on the game and the players - it's exclusively about milking whales now, whom you don't have to show any respect, in that you have their money no matter how much you TRIBBLE on them.
    And you know this for certain, and aren't just spreading slanderous rumors, because you're secretly a disgruntled Cryptic employee in disguise and have first hand, psychic knowledge about all of your fellow employees' thoughts and motivations.
    But then again I never had thousands of people hating me royally and legitamately for my work, I always aced everything I touched so I can't really relate!
    Nope! No ego here. LOL
    newstosiggy.png
  • Options
    nightkennightken Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User

i would sacrifice one season just to get some of the issues fixed maybe not you but i know many people who would be happy if they devoted one season to fixing the game.

they have... and the whole year before delta was bug fix focused... not that anyone remembers or even cares.

I mean really does no else remember all the threads about not enough content and the game was going to die. now it's not enough bug fixs. there are very good reasons why I hate people.

if I stop posting it doesn't make you right it. just means I don't have enough rum to continue interacting with you.
  • Options
    vesterengvestereng Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Simply to say, professionalism. Take pride in your work or find something else to do.

Where are your developers nowhere to be found in where Delta Rising, obviously and certfied was a major mistake - seeing as the queues are dead, and ignoring you utterly, is through and through disrespectful.

You are a whale, the exact behaviour you showing right now APOLOGIZING for them shitting on you, is the reason they will continue to do just that. You don't ask for respect you just let people walk all over you
  • Options
    Simply to say, professionalism. Take pride in your work or find something else to do.

Where are your developers nowhere to be found in where Delta Rising, obviously and certfied was a major mistake - seeing as the queues are dead, and ignoring you utterly, is through and through disrespectful.

You are a whale, the exact behaviour you showing right now APOLOGIZING for them shitting on you, is the reason they will continue to do just that. You don't ask for respect you just let people walk all over you

Agreed 100% ^^^^

Nothing more needs to be said , well put :)
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    and it doesn't help to say, "TRIBBLE mission sux it's broke"
    instead, you can say Hey, I was doing X, and nothing happened. Y is suppose to happen, but it's not procing. here is a screenshot:.

problem is quite often this cant be shown in a simple screenshot and it is often a bug that does not happen on a regular basis, you should be able to say every now and then when I do this such and such happens and it should not, this should be enough to fix just about any bug in the game without the use of screenshots or videos showing the bug in action.

I am reminded of a bug that I used to see when playing kdf and doing one of the fleet starbase missions, I would get the inspect becc mission and every now and then a bug would occur where there was no actual fault with one of the beccs and you had no reason to reprimand the becc, this was very frustrating when it happened to say the least and I missed out on a substantial amount of marks as a result although it did not happen every time.
    though i reported the bug as far as I know this bug has never been addressed though I cant say for sure as I never use these missions for marks any more.
    so how do you screenshot every single point of inspection to prove there are none at fault, I would say to a dev go there and see for yourself and if it doesn't happen keep going till it does.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    The comments in this thread just prove my tax dollars are being wasted on funding education.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
This discussion has been closed.