test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Monthly Screenshot Contest: November - Submit Yours Now!

jodarkriderjodarkrider Member Posts: 2,097 Arc User
Hi fellow Captains,

November is here. And as it is slowly becoming a tradition, it is a good time to post a new theme for our Screenshot contest, for this month.

With the New Dawn and Season 11, I thought I'd spruce it up with a wide-theme offering enough variety for everyone & related to the release of S11. So, without further addo:

November's Theme: "Deep Space 9"

While this may seem as hard to do; it actually offers a wide variety for you. Anything DS9-themed is a game. Ships, characters, action shots in the newly revamped Cardassian missions (the old ones count as well! :3) & PvE's. Just pick what you enjoy the most, and take some juicy picture!

Again, Photoshop alterations and other creative means, such as Demo Record Tool are encouraged, but remember, it has to be your work and no usage of 3rd-party content.

To summarize:

• Post a screenshot/picture of anything related to DS9, as you run through any content of your choice.
  • No limits. DS9 is a rich theme. Pick your favorite. Space, ground, no limits.
  • Try to be a little creative; pick good shots from your space/ground missions!
  • Tools like Photoshop or taking screenshots from Demorecord Tool, from the demos you recorded are perfectly within rules!
  • Only one entry per one user.
  • Entering the contest with more than one account, to bypass the "one entry per user" rule WILL get you disqualified.
  • You can edit your entry throughout the month's contest at your leisure. Just edit your entry with another picture if you want/need to.
  • Have fun!

Again, do your best, Captains!

PRIZES:

1st Prize = 1500 ZEN + Your screenshot gets made into an Official STO Wallpaper!

2nd Prize = 1000 ZEN

3rd Prize = 500 ZEN

FEW RULES:
  • All images must be at least 1920x1080 for submission. Or larger.
  • One entry per month per author. You can re-entry next month if you don't win.
  • Images not meeting the size-requirement will not qualify for the grand- prize of being converted into a wallpaper!
  • All images must be submitted in JPEG form. If you add any graphic elements to your picture, make sure you do keep the .PSD file, in case you win!
  • Adding custom flavor to your image is encouraged! (Ie. editing in Photoshop)
  • Absolute must - All images must be purely made by using Star Trek Online visual assets. Don't use any TV series/movies pictures!
  • No usage of third-party 3D models. As above. Your entries must be done purely by using STO visual assets and/or your creativity. (Photoshop editing - it HAS to be your work)

A LITTLE HOW TO:

All entries must be at least 1920x1080. There are few ways how to get a good picture.
  • Type "/renderscale 2" (or larger number, but needs stronger computer/GPU) into your chat window before you take the image.
  • Type "/screenshot" to take image.
  • This will create a large .TGA file in the directory, which you can convert in Photoshop, to fit the required size.
  • Additionally, you can edit your screenshot, to add custom perks to it, you deem fit! The only rule here is, again, and this is emphasised - it must be your work!
  • You can find your screenshot folder in "\Star Trek Online\Star Trek Online\Live\screenshots" - that being a rule of thumb on most computers

Good luck to everyone who enters, looking forward to seeing your entries. Be Efficient!

~Captain Jan
[10:20] Your Lunge deals 4798 (2580) Physical Damage(Critical) to Tosk of Borg.

Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator
"bIghojchugh DaneH, Dumev pagh. bIghojqangbe'chugh, DuQaHlaH pagh."
"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 
"Your fun isn't wrong." ~LaughingTrendy

Find me on Twitterverse - @jodarkrider

Comments

• Options
    ccritterccritter Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    qh3hR2ll.jpg
    DS9 used to be so beautiful :'(
  • Options
    tuskin67tuskin67 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    Something simple

fj4fOfe.jpg
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    tuskin67 wrote: »
    Something simple

fj4fOfe.jpg
    I'm going to use this. It's too good not to use.

EDIT: Way to set the bar early on.
  • Options
    ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    yeah, i think we just got our winner... damn, this is one beautiful screenshot
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    You should see the rest of this Pics on Reddit LT.
  • Options
    pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »
    Oh I have. I'm already pleased.
  • Options
    dragonsbrethrendragonsbrethren Member Posts: 1,854 Arc User
    Meh, it's going to look like I'm ripping off @tuskin67, but I took this a week ago, might as well submit it:

N0mi8c5.png

I think the Defiant screenshot is nicer anyway, the way it captures more of the wormhole :)
  • Options
    amizez06amizez06 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Alright. I'll give it a try!

agnK3NG.jpg
    Well unless you get killed one battle's pretty much like another.
  • Options
    ynrocjdynrocjd Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    primar13 wrote: »

I did.. Damn, these screenshots are pure killer. Stunning
  • Options
    biessmanbiessman Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Return.jpg~original

U.S.S. Endeavor, returning to DS9 after completing their mission from the Alpha Quadrent.
  • Options
    rakhohl#4803 rakhohl Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    I agree the Reddit screenshots are awesome. Gonna throw this one out there, anyway.

QGF9lD9.jpg
    lljAN7v.png
  • Options
    dauntlessf05dauntlessf05 Member Posts: 268 Media Corps
    Here we go! The screenshot I used on my "Boldly They Rode" Trailer!

nvFEsLM.jpg
    Check out my STO Cinematic Videos: ZEFilms Youtube Channel
    Follow me on Twitter: @ZEFilms_STO
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Please be sure to right-click and hit "view image"! It works best at full size.

With a Cardassian toon, there was no way I could pass this shot up. So much has gone wrong in the STO universe, but this shot shows just how far things have come in this part of space, that a Cardassian veteran of the Dominion War would take the time to pay his respects.

What They Fought For

IzoIR1f.jpg

Vice Admiral Tayben Berat enters the empty office in Ops, and stands silent before the desk with the display case containing a...baseball, he recalls, that came to serve less and less as a toy and more as the battle standard of Captain Benjamin Sisko.

Berat lifts his eyes away for a moment and stares out the window into the vastness of space. Though the passage of the decades would have weighed on Sisko's frame by now, if he had survived to see the peace*, the longer-lived Cardassian showed far fewer signs of aging since the dark days of the Dominion War. Except for that stare, into the dark spaces between the stars. He had been there. He had fought--as one of this man's adversaries, though begrudgingly, and only until the day he could rebel against the Dominion.

Sisko would have had every reason to kill him if they had met on the field of battle. Yet among the things the human favored of the Prophets had fought for was freedom...not just for the Federation, but for
    him. For Cardassians, that he would never have to live under the boot of tyrants again. That was why Berat had accepted the position in the exchange program, and after taking over command and using his skill as an experienced Cardassian gul to save that Starfleet crew from the disaster with the Borg, he had taken the full Starfleet commission he'd been offered. That was what the thrice-burned True Way and the other hardliners and xenophobes didn't understand about the Federation. It never had been about conquering the enemy to them, but the hope of meeting Cardassia one day as equals. Until the True Way fell, Berat would never see that hope fully realized, but he still longed for that day.

He glances behind him through the doors into Ops. Good...no one is looking.

First he bows according to the Cardassian tradition. Then Admiral Berat offers a crisp Starfleet-type salute, to the empty chair where Captain Benjamin Sisko once sat, one soldier to another.

The memory lives on.

*Note: The Path to 2409, unlike the Trek Lit universe, does not show Sisko ever returning to the normal universe. As such, I expect he would have been considered MIA, possibly presumed dead. That doesn't mean that status can't change someday if the Prophets return him, but after 35 years, I suspect most except for Kasidy would have accepted the likelihood of his death.
    Post edited by gulberat on

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    thedancingfoxthedancingfox Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Where is "Reddit LT"? Link please.

Thanks.
  • Options
    crystaltechgirlcrystaltechgirl Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Here is my submission. Captures a little of everything ^.^

I can size down the picture if necessary, its 9600 x 5085 Lol

nKDPFt3.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2015
    Where is "Reddit LT"? Link please.

Thanks.

I'm assuming "LT" is short for LaughingTrendy (I think maybe Primar left out a comma?), but even though I tried Googling I am too ignorant of Reddit to get the screenshots people are talking about to come up. I'm...not a social media person.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    kammtkammt Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's a new Dawn, it's a new Day k7D2V3.jpg
  • Options
    bazilyatbazilyat Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    U7gi9tC.jpg

Here's my entry
  • Options
    frankcarter1frankcarter1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User

E4OgQdF.jpg

"Captain's Log, Supplemental.

U.S.S. Churchill has just arrived at the outer marker to Deep Space Nine, and my Number One is already preparing the leave roster for the crew. While I'm aware that most of the personnel are excited to visit Quark's, I'm thinking of taking a shuttle to Bajor, and taking in the lowlands. It's been a while since I was able to go for a hike in the wilds."

• Options
    mintydogmintydog Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Romulan Battlecruiser decloaking above DS9. Image is 3200x1800. Right click and view image for full size :)
    4kTSh93.jpg
  • Options
    starfleetb1#9233 starfleetb1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
  • Options
    Yummy, keep these coming. This will be a tough month to pick winners from. But, that's good! :*:D

"Learn lots. Don't judge. Laugh for no reason. Be nice. Seek happiness." ~Day[9] 

• Options
    edited November 2015
    Yummy, keep these coming. This will be a tough month to pick winners from. But, that's good! :*:D

Am I reading correctly that it is okay to reupload the image during the month if edits need to be made? I may play with mine a little bit more over the month, though I am completely set on the concept and the base image that I captured last night. With a Cardassian toon, I felt that an unconventional response was the right one for me. :)

• Options
    gulberat wrote: »
    Am I reading correctly that it is okay to reupload the image during the month if edits need to be made? I may play with mine a little bit more over the month, though I am completely set on the concept and the base image that I captured last night. With a Cardassian toon, I felt that an unconventional response was the right one for me. :)
    Yeah, perfectly fine to edit your original entry during the month. :)

• Options
    markde2127markde2127 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    Wow, mates, nice work! Lots of nice screenshots!

But...
    "Post a screenshot/picture"

How can I do? See no options for this... no upload button or similar.

Mark
    Rule of Acquisition #10: Greed is eternal.
  • Options
    markde2127 wrote: »
    Wow, mates, nice work! Lots of nice screenshots!

But...
    "Post a screenshot/picture"

How can I do? See no options for this... no upload button or similar.

Mark
    You need to upload your screenshot on some public image hosting, such as imgur.com & then put it in here. :)

• Options
    twelfthdrtwelfthdr Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    A nice quiet day at Terok Nor ....

5dOX2fO.jpg
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    What the hey, I took this a few weeks/months ago. Not as good as some, but I like it:

Bajoran%20Wormhole_zpsan2r7fdm.jpg
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    The problem with external shots here (ie; that Warbird) is that because of the scaling issue, the image just looks wrong. I think either an Internal shot, or one of the Defiant is going to win this one.
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    I didn't post it with the expectation of winning. I know there are already others that are better.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.