test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Shield Values Zero ONLY During STF's

bluemeanie251bluemeanie251 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Tried to contact customer support... the response was hilarious at best, Ill post the response below this post as the images here will make it a long post I believe. Basically two different ships one T6 and the other T5U work fine in Missions/Episodes, but if you join an STF you get Zero or Extremely low shield values... out of combat just sitting idle. You remove the shield and put it in the inventory and it hovers fine, put it back on the ship and back to zero. This is simply outside of ESD, and the first one is in Infected, and the second one is in Crystalline Entity. I am over 40km away from nearest enemy. No flight, combat, or power level adjustments. Same character, two ships, one shield and a bunch of messed up values. You try doing Advanced STF's with 0 to 3k shields and see how much fun you have.

675xl4.jpg

2v9oo0n.jpg

11jbwgz.jpg

34gqcs1.jpg

8yxa1y.jpg

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2015
    This is the response I received from Customer Support... who yes had all 5 of the uncut screen shots.

Hello,

Thank you for getting back to us.

We would like to inform you that your shield rating would vary when you're on combat mode. Kindly note that it would also depend on the shield's component and stats. Here are some resources that you have at your disposal:

Our Star Trek Online forums: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline
    Our Unofficial Star Trek Online Wiki: http://sto.gamepedia.com/Ship_Shield

Please be aware that actual in-game strategies, NPC locations, item uses, etc. are things that we leave up to the players to figure out themselves, so that they can enjoy the experience of discovery and become more capable players in the process.

Let us know if you have any further question or concern.

Regards,
    Ichirou
    Game Master
    Perfect World Entertainment
    http://support.arcgames.com/
  • Options
    robothitchhikerrobothitchhiker Member Posts: 277 Bug Hunter
    edited October 2015
    Does the shield values update after you take damage? There are longstanding issues with shield values displays, but they usually function normally.​​
  • Options
    No they do not update no matter what I do or what combination of taking items off and putting back on.... I've also tried to going into the STF with them off and putting them on after joining... When it displays 0 shields... all damage goes straight to hull, as in I die very quickly.
  • Options
    Do you get this behavior with any other shields, or just this one? If so, which ones? I couldn't replicate with a different shield and I'm wondering if it's something in particular with the Solanae, or one of the Solanae set powers.​​
  • Options
    No the problem does not exists with other shields... atleast the non set shields I have access to. The problem doesn't go away with disarming other pieces of the Solanae set to break up the set bonus's either. The problem seems to only exist with the Solanae shield, and ONLY inside an STF.
  • Options
    I'm available to Skype/Screen Share and discuss the bug/problem with someone if they are able to help resolve the issue, or help Cryptic resolve the Issue. This character is meant to have fun on "cannon" style ships with only free gear, the idea of building up a package of Dil gear for this character is not appetizing to me at all.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    It's not just the solanae shields and STF's. I went into a borg red alert last night and my shields went N/A. I had to leave to get it back to normal.
  • Options
    Couldn't replicate on my stock Mk XII Solanae shield. May take to upgrade on Tribble. What traits are you running?
  • Options
    Not sure which set of traits so ill just label them all... my shield was a mk 13, couldnt go backwards, so I upgraded it to 14. This is a Federation Caitian with the following traits:

Personal: Accurate, Covert, Creative, Elusive, Lucky, Physical Strength, Pounce, Strike Team Spec

Space: Precision, Adv Targeting Sys, Aux Power Config Offense, Omega Kinetic Shearing

Active Rep: Defiance, Medical Nanite Cloud, Refracting Tetryon Console

This bug was not happening in Feb/March when I was last playing. I came back this Oct, and it has been in place the entire time I've been back. I have played with everything that I know how to play with, from different ships, power levels, and the very limited items this character has access to, but those shields will not give me correct values ever. This character was setup to run a "canon" defiant as close to the show as possible. I do not sink millions of ec or dilithium into the character for set pieces. I was trying to make a character as successful as possible while staying within the confounds of craftable/free loot items running on the defiant. Character even uses the Jem'Hadar Ground Set... I like playing this character like this, and for the challenge.... but 0 to 3k shields is, i gotta tell ya, frustrating when 6 tholian, already invisible torps hit you with 0 shields.

This is a bug, of some sort, either character, account, or more likely the shields themselves. I am willing to screenshot, stream, or screen share and speak with anyone official, or mod/bug hunter so the information can be tracked down and passed to Cryptic, so I can get back to playing what i seem to have the most fun on... When the upgrade system hit, things like this took weeks to fix, im hoping I dont have to go through Nov/Dec not being able to play the game with what I got, or how I want to... Especially since I cannot seem to get any "Official" help or even acknowledgement that something is wrong, and I just dont know what im doing so I must really have 0 or 3k shields...
  • Options
    Anyone? Confirmation? Anything?
  • Options
    dsarisdsaris Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    My Mk XIV Aegis shields had a similar bug a few months ago... just the Mk XIV set I upgraded, not the other Mk XII sets I had on other toons. Submitted several bug reports, never got a response, but I put them back on the ship recently and they now show correct values.