test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boobies! (equal gender representations)

Anyone who has played the cardassian arc revamp might have noticed there are more cardassian females trying to murder you when you get on the ground.

What do we all think about this? overdue? inconsquiencial?

Comments

• coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    I don't care.​​
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Your point?​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • admiralkristovadmiralkristov Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Classy title...
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    No one cares.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    Classy title...

What I was going to say. Added to it is that it's nice to see more ladies in the game, even when they're trying to kill me.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    I was told there would be appetizers here...
    Tza0PEl.png
  • fovrelfovrel Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    Different thing, but still about Cardassians. Those thick necks. Can it work? Does it not go at the expense of flexebility. Can do well look around, up and down? It looks to me that they behave as people wearing a neck bracelet.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNrLly1vvM
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 868 Arc User
    ilithyn wrote: »
    Classy title...

What I was going to say. Added to it is that it's nice to see more ladies in the game, even when they're trying to kill me.

scary precursor to the cardassians getting their own playable race?
    fovrel wrote: »
    Different thing, but still about Cardassians. Those thick necks. Can it work? Does it not go at the expense of flexebility. Can do well look around, up and down? It looks to me that they behave as people wearing a neck bracelet.

Reptiles man...they are weird
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    nikephorus wrote: »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrNrLly1vvM

Ha ha - yes indeed!
    Tza0PEl.png
  • vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    Oh those kooky Cardassians and their vigorous foreplay rituals!
  • chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    coupaholic wrote: »
    I don't care.​​

I agree, I don't care.

Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User

I imagine their range of motion is not AS much as a human's, though we do see them in the show as being able to turn their heads some. Now where it gets interesting is when you consider that they don't have hearing quite as good as ours, which you would think means overall they are less adept at detecting threats from behind. Now personally I think additional senses, such as bioelectric, are a possibility, but there is nothing in canon about that so it's nothing more than a personal theory. ;)

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • tinkerstormtinkerstorm Member Posts: 853 Arc User
    The thread title made me think this would be a discussion about a package slider for male characters.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 1,994 Arc User
    Didn't care they all vaporized the same way
    tumblr_mxl2nyOKII1rizambo1_500.png

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    gulberat wrote: »
    I imagine their range of motion is not AS much as a human's, though we do see them in the show as being able to turn their heads some. Now where it gets interesting is when you consider that they don't have hearing quite as good as ours, which you would think means overall they are less adept at detecting threats from behind. Now personally I think additional senses, such as bioelectric, are a possibility, but there is nothing in canon about that so it's nothing more than a personal theory. ;)
    1: bioelectric senses work better in aquatic species.

2: I wouldn't pay too much attention to how much Cardassians moved in the TV show as well.... people wearing heavy makeup tend to be careful not to dislodge said makeup.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Came in for boobies, left disappointed.....

Please see my signature for my response to the OP!
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

1: bioelectric senses work better in aquatic species.

In my own headcanon, this is part of why I imagine it as VERY short-range--as in, needing to be within a yard or two at the most to pick up anything. Just enough, in other words, to let you know to turn around because someone is RIGHT behind you about to stab you in the back.
    2: I wouldn't pay too much attention to how much Cardassians moved in the TV show as well.... people wearing heavy makeup tend to be careful not to dislodge said makeup.

True of course, though I would expect there to at least be heavier tendons and cartilage involved in the Cardassian neck structure than with humans.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    Heh,,, he said Boobies...
    >:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • mrsmitty81mrsmitty81 Member Posts: 102 Arc User
    e1fa9a01c102d72c7de81efb973d4fcb.jpg
    :)
    Oh my, those blue feet...how cute! I'd heard of those birds before but had never seen a pic until now.

• svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    jade1280 wrote: »
    Anyone who has played the cardassian arc revamp might have noticed there are more cardassian females trying to murder you when you get on the ground.

What do we all think about this? overdue? inconsquiencial?

My big, tough male toon beat one to death with the butt of his gun.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    I like the fact they are starting to flesh out the cardassians a bit more make them more diverse could be the beggining of a later cardassian mini faction like the roms :)
  • lordmalak1lordmalak1 Member Posts: 4,681 Arc User
    They won't be able to compete with mine.
    ;)
    KBF Lord MalaK
    Awoken Dead
    giphy.gif

Now shaddup about the queues, it's a BUG
  • berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    You mean they won't be able to complete with you in combat, right?

Right?!?
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I'm disappointed their armour doesn't fit better. Real armour (even the rubber stuff from the shows) should't bend like that.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!