Mine Trap --- Should it Stay or Should it Go ? Poll

taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
Why should it stay ?
Why should it go ?
[img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg

Mine Trap --- Should it Stay or Should it Go ? Poll 57 votes

Yes, it should remain in game - Explain
75%
nightkenthehatchduncanidaho11baddmoonrizinguljarolvelquakayajayangrybobhquesteriusvulcanmonklordsteve1chemistrysetnyx219azniadeetnesomumi2mainavendoodvaloreahcyconianlordmarkhawkman 43 votes
No, It should be removed from the game - Explain
24%
berginscaptainoblivouscidjackpatrickstewsinn74mayito2009tacofangslindalefftigercatgirlmessahlathejtranefatman592admiralkristovtigeraries 14 votes

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    It should stay because it is by far one of the most enjoyable STF with the right amount of challenge and reward.
    Only thing which it needs is a tweak for the spawn point since it popped frequently during the last weeks with the 20player channel.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    These queues are being reviewed for potential improvements. I can't really say more than that at the moment, as we're not ready to commit to anything publicly, just yet.

Ultimately, we don't intend for their retirement to be permanent (but, of course, I can't even really promise that much at the moment...)
    Unless it becomes the next "We're taking out NWS to fix it..." I'm happy.
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    sinn74sinn74 Member Posts: 1,149 Arc User
    Day late/dollar short.
  • Options
    nesomumi2nesomumi2 Member Posts: 359 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    ah, didn't see that they are puling the mission out. shame. ah well...

it should stay as it is one of rare challenging stf's, that asks for team work. problem is time/reword. i don't have problem with time, but reword is ridiculous. if it is to much to buff dili./mark reword, at least experiance would be nice. but some kind of incentive hast to be there, as at the present this is a dead queue.

and for devs.. if wait time for queuing is more then 7 min. it is a dead queue.

just fyi, i loved to play that stf.
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,320 Arc User
    nesomumi2 wrote: »
    it should stay as it is one of rare challenging stf's, that asks for team work. problem is time/reword. i don't have problem with time, but reword is ridiculous. if it is to much to buff dili./mark reword, at least experiance would be nice. but some kind of incentive hast to be there, as at the present this is a dead queue.

200 marks or more isn't bad for a reward.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    darimunddarimund Member Posts: 318 Arc User
    it should go cause its too late to take a poll now lol...
  • Options
    ah, didn't see that they are puling the mission out. shame. ah well...

Same, it was the most "Trek" like mission in the game imo.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
  • Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    These queues don't need retirement or revamping. What we need is a rotating dil bonus for these queues.

Just start at the top of the queues and go down. Every two hours, the dil bonus moves down to the next queuable event. That would provide a spat of interest in different queues at different times and enable these events to occasionally launch without premade teams.
  • Options
    guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    It is great. We managed to get a sufficient number of people to play in spite of it being a 20-player STF. Why should it even be removed?​​
  • Options
    admiralkogaradmiralkogar Member Posts: 875 Arc User
    Why should it stay ?
    Why should it go ?

It's a very Star Trek type of mission, which to be honest, we see a lot less of these days.

Qapla
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Some of us were still playing the queue and it was not bugged so why remove...
    (this is pointless though, the mission is disabled, nothing will return it back)
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    Mine Trap should be saved, but it queue should be adjusted so that it can run with 5 - 10 players similar to Crystalline Entity. It is difficult to get 20 players to do a single ground mission at once, but 5 - 10 is fairly easy--especially if you are in STF or DPS channels. I am hoping that the developers will at least revamp that part of the run.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    The TRIBBLE?! Theyre actually removing mine trap?! What the hell cryptic? Are you just removing everything fun for TRIBBLE and giggles or what!?
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    It is gone for good. No poll in this world will ever bring it back.
  • Options
    szim wrote: »
    It is gone for good. No poll in this world will ever bring it back.

I really hope you're mistaken.... But I fear you may be right.

Still waiting for NWS to return as well. That one may also be gone for good.
    Such a shame.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,328 Community Moderator
    If they've taken it out for improvements, then OK, as long as they bring it back.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    It should be in the game. It can also be improved. If removing it now is absolutely critical for those improvements then I guess I can live with it (ditto for Breach). Otherwise, seems rather arbitrary to single these two out (when they don't seem to be the most redundant or least played PVE's in the list.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    warpaint21warpaint21 Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    Should stay as I've started playing it thanks to the 20player chat group.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

200 marks or more isn't bad for a reward.​​
    Me and some friends got together for one more run last night. 132 rom marks for normal. It wasn't a perfect run but pretty close.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shrimphead2015shrimphead2015 Member Posts: 527 Arc User
    If they are planning to bring it back with some improvements than I am all for it. It really was a fun mission.
    "There is iron in your words of death for all Comanche to see, and so there is iron in your words of life. No signed paper can hold the iron. It must come from men. The words of Ten Bears carries the same iron of life and death. It is good that warriors such as we meet in the struggle of life... or death. It shall be life." - Ten Bears (Will Sampson)
  • Options
    comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Whether we vote yes or no... It has already been taken down... Nothing we can do...

But imo, "if" it was taken down for improvements, then I have no issue. Otherwise, I don't see why it was taken down at all..
    6tviTDx.png

• Options
    chemistrysetchemistryset Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    The fact that jellyfish have survived for 650 million years despite not having brains is great news for stupid people.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Worst STF ever. Good riddance
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    cidjack wrote: »
    Worst STF ever. Good riddance
    *burns for heresy*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    mayito2009mayito2009 Member Posts: 643 Arc User
    It is always hard to find enough people to do it.
    Seek and ye shall find. Ask and ye shall receive. Rabboni
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" (Benjamin Franklin).

Most unexpectedly, this turned into a flame-fest! Closed it goes!. /sigh What flamefestery is this? pwlaughingtrendy
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    I never played it. I'm sad about the Breach though.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    messahlamessahla Member Posts: 1,160 Arc User
    I never seen many people run this STF outside of fleet team ups and even then not so much i know many like thing to stay aka continuity but if something isnt being used alot outside of certain circumstances then it should be removed to make way for something that might be.
  • Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    No need to cry over spilled milk..its GONE already normal-32.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Yes I think it should remain in game. However it should be changed to reflect the way the qeues are now, less numbers of players required and a faster completion time would help imho.
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".