test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Freezes period

Okay, basically, my complaint is this, on my gaming PC my game freezes for no apparent reason when it shouldnt, it happens in transit VIA beaming out, warping out, and warping in, and beaming onto the DS9 station, NOW someone gave me the idea to turn the brightness down to 100%, and graphics to minimal....it works however, it still freezes, now she or he, gave me another idea to revert back to DX9...so far so good, now.....the update today, screwed that up....what the hell is going on here...and why the hell does my moms PC work better on this game than my own PC, my PC is a quadcore, with 9 GB of RAM...while my moms is a TRIBBLE toshiba Dual Core i5...and this computer im on is NOT for gaming....so explain this please cause im confuzzled

Comments

• baileyjohnbaileyjohn Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    going through the same problem since season 10 and my graphics card now stopped working on the title loading screen!!!??!!???
  • huntor2huntor2 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Having those issues since season 11. Annoying as hell. Happen when you beaming(or warping) in or out of social zones.

They still didn't fixed it :-(

• thelatathelata Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    Goto options,then advanced options,select reduced file streaming,stops the crashes
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    Can someone verify that selecting "reduced file streaming" solves the issue? So far, I haven't seen any changes.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • dirlettiadirlettia Member Posts: 1,632 Arc User
    edited November 2015
    As of yesterday I could not get into any Mirror invasion events at all due to the freeze and then I decided that maybe it was down to sloppy coding like w had with Adobe Flash player when working with windows 10 and gaming PC's. So off to task manager and set affinity of Gameclient to cpu 1 only leaving the other 7 totally redundant. The result I could finally map transfer as much as I like.

To me it seems like there is an issue with the multi-cpu aspects of the game so it cannoot proceed under certain circumstances.

Still waiting to be able to use forum titles
  • sgtjoepsgtjoep Member Posts: 1 New User
    > @vampiricspektor1 said:
    > Okay, basically, my complaint is this, on my gaming PC my game freezes for no apparent reason when it shouldnt, it happens in transit VIA beaming out, warping out, and warping in, and beaming onto the DS9 station, NOW someone gave me the idea to turn the brightness down to 100%, and graphics to minimal....it works however, it still freezes, now she or he, gave me another idea to revert back to DX9...so far so good, now.....the update today, screwed that up....what the hell is going on here...and why the hell does my moms PC work better on this game than my own PC, my PC is a quadcore, with 9 GB of RAM...while my moms is a TRIBBLE toshiba Dual Core i5...and this computer im on is NOT for gaming....so explain this please cause im confuzzled

I am having the same issues. I have more than enough video RAM, yet something is happening, and the game freezes, then I get an error message about my video crashing. This never happened before the last update.

Seriously....WTFF!!!!!!
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,413 Arc User
    Now also experiencing crashes on map transfers or character logins. The entire game just freezes, and the Win8.1x64 comes up with 'app not responding' dialogue.

I never or very rarely had STO crash on me before, but now it is doing it enough that I've joined the list of endless people who are having a frustrating experience with STO. I toon hop very often, and having a crash like this at the rate it's going is not sustainable.

I wanted to buy a bit of Zen this month for the upcoming ships, and do some crafting for the next lockbox, but unless we see bug fixes, bug fix priorities, and actual beta server testing it makes no sense to support and try to continue playing a broken game.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿