test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Galactic Restoration... ironically by blowing stuff up.

fulleatherjacketfulleatherjacket Member Posts: 980 Arc User
How else does one gain fleet marks and dilithium? Doff reports? Turning in contraband and mining? Sure, you could do that all month, but let's be honest here: You're all going to go out and shoot at things. So am I. We always go out and shoot at things. We don't participate in real relief efforts like colony rebuilding, mass refugee transport and housing, etc. We're Starfleet captains. To restore the galaxy, we're gonna go back out and blow TRIBBLE up.

Comments

• Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    Yes, the irony was not lost on me either. I said as much on Reddit. You can't really stop fighting when you're playing a fighting game. It would have been better just to bury the Iconian fluff for good and have a generic pre-season event.​​
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    But we're also mostly blowing up threats like the borg, voth, undine, etc. So in a way we do help the overall situation...
  • Options
    oldravenman3025oldravenman3025 Member Posts: 1,892 Arc User
    No, we're just paying a little attention to some of our old, lonesome enemies. They all felt left out with the recent Iconian ruckus. So, we start killing more of them so they won't feel unloved anymore.
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    There are other ways of getting Fleet marks, including doing the officer of the watch daily and turning in doff xp commendations for marks.

But yes, predominantly we'll be blowing TRIBBLE up.
  • Options
    dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    Nothing new here, it's the same like "humanitarian bombing" concept so well executed by certain nations.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    because cryptic apparently doesnt give a damn about what star trek is.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    stofskstofsk Member Posts: 1,744 Arc User
    dalnar83 wrote: »
    Nothing new here, it's the same like "humanitarian bombing" concept so well executed by certain nations.
    It's alright, I'm pretty sure Afghanistan didn't need that hospital

:V
  • Options
    vendoodvendood Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    It is, at heart, a combat game; as is pretty much every other half-way successful MMO game out there.

After any war/chaotic situation somebody has to go clean out the looters, the opportunists, the rebels, as well as any breakaway factions of old foes that want to take advantage of an exhausted target.

If you think there is something better we should be doing to 'restore the galaxy' feel free to make suggestions rather than the same tired old complaints.

For instance, I think maybe they could do something with those 'rebuild starbase' type DOff missions, or maybe a planetary 'Restore Order' or a 'Repair/Resupply Outpost' mission. A couple of base mission types that you could find by visiting various starbases and systems and doing a little delivery/quell raiders/send a repair team type action.
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    Didn't you know? in sto, the stuff you use to build buildings with is doffcrete - namely doffs compacted into bricks

So for restoration, it will be your harvested enemies collected and compressed into building materials​​
  • Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    I like blowing things up.
  • Options
    dabelgravedabelgrave Member Posts: 979 Arc User
    burstorion wrote: »
    Didn't you know? in sto, the stuff you use to build buildings with is doffcrete - namely doffs compacted into bricks

So for restoration, it will be your harvested enemies collected and compressed into building materials
    We call it recycling.
    :p​​
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    How else does one gain fleet marks and dilithium? Doff reports? Turning in contraband and mining? Sure, you could do that all month, but let's be honest here: You're all going to go out and shoot at things. So am I. We always go out and shoot at things. We don't participate in real relief efforts like colony rebuilding, mass refugee transport and housing, etc. We're Starfleet captains. To restore the galaxy, we're gonna go back out and blow TRIBBLE up.

its like they say, "in order to rebuild something you must first tear it down".
    seems pretty strait forward to me.

“See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms,
    To pluck up and to break down,
    To destroy and to overthrow,
    To build and to plant.”

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    nostalgiamannostalgiaman Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    But shooting things is how we do everything!

We come in peace, shoot to kill.
  • Options
    centaurianalphacentaurianalpha Member Posts: 1,150 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Not every race in the galaxy is in a group hug with the principal factions, so petty squabbles over territory & resources will continue, and patrols to keep order will still be needed. Additionally, I did not see the Undine, Voth, Borg, Tholians or Crystalline Entity come to the galaxy's rescue vs. the Iconians either, so their hostility is unchanged, apparently. The remains of the Vaadwaur are certainly hostile, and some of our "friends" in the Delta Quadrant are troublesome, as well.

So I have no angst about continued combat operations during the rebuilding season... :p
    Expendables Fleet: Andrew - Bajoran Fed Engineer Ken'taura - Rom/Fed Scientist Gwyllim - Human Fed Delta Tac
    Savik - Vulcan Fed Temporal Sci
    Dahar Masters Fleet: Alphal'Fa - Alien KDF Engineer Qun'pau - Rom/KDF Engineer D'nesh - Orion KDF Scientist Ghen'khan - Liberated KDF Tac
    Welcome to StarBug Online - to boldly Bug where no bug has been before!
    STO player since November 2013
  • Options
    damienvryce2damienvryce2 Member Posts: 428 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Blowing stuff up. It's just what Starfleet does. If you're in the Mirror Universe that is. :wink:
    STO: Where men are men and the women probably are too.
    I support the Star Trek Battles channel.
  • Options
    alex284alex284 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    Not every race in the galaxy is in a group hug with the principal factions, so petty squabbles over territory & resources will continue, and patrols to keep order will still be needed. Additionally, I did not see the Undine, Voth, Borg, Tholians or Crystalline Entity come to the galaxy's rescue vs. the Iconians either, so their hostility is unchanged, apparently. The remains of the Vaadwaur are certainly hostile, and some of our "friends" in the Delta Quadrant are troublesome, as well.

So I have no angst about continued combat operations during the rebuilding season... :p

That's what I was thinking with that whole "the entire galaxy united" line in Midnight. Yeah, a couple Dominion ships showed up, there were technically representatives from each quadrant, but the big powers weren't all there. What about those giant floating heads from that TNG episode and TFF? I'll let the Undine off the hook because they're not really from our galaxy, but the Borg? Shouldn't they care a little more? At least they could have tried to assimilate the Iconians.
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User

You are a Starfleet captain. I'm a Romulan fleet admiral.
  • Options
    coupaholiccoupaholic Member Posts: 2,188 Arc User
    It's times like this I miss having a KDF General around.​​
  • Options
    elementalistgaiaelementalistgaia Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    Gotta shore up the borders since the various villain groups think now that the Alliance is spent from fighting the Iconians now is the perfect time to raid those fleet starbases and such?

Alternatively; we need to gather more raw supplies to fix up the fleet and bases, and enemy ship wreckage is the best source? :D
  • Options
    hyperionx09hyperionx09 Member Posts: 1,709 Arc User
    We need more resources, and also have to clean up the galaxy in the process. There's raiders and looters to kill, upstart colonies to bring back under control, salvage to claim, and places to mine. Of course there's no time to just go out, scan rocks, and sing Kumbaya's around it.

Peace Through Power. Peace Through Strength. Peace Through Might. Peace, my brothers and sisters. The Tacitus, replicated from the Heart of the Iconians, will grant us this peace.
  • Options
    qjuniorqjunior Member Posts: 2,023 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    I do wonder though, did the Iconians leave everyone else alone ? Or did the poor Borg and all the other lootbags hide somewhere ?

The Borg ? Even the Iconians don´t waste precious energy to vaporize them....

:p
  • Options
    groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    Some of the comments in this thread have genuinely made me laugh out loud :smiley:
    And hyperionx09, your sig is driving me insane, for some reason I just keep watching it over and over lol!
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    We need more resources, and also have to clean up the galaxy in the process. There's raiders and looters to kill, upstart colonies to bring back under control, salvage to claim, and places to mine. Of course there's no time to just go out, scan rocks, and sing Kumbaya's around it.

Peace Through Power. Peace Through Strength. Peace Through Might. Peace, my brothers and sisters. The Tacitus, replicated from the Heart of the Iconians, will grant us this peace.

I like this guy! Oh yes. Almost forgot. KANE LIVES! :)

A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    legendarylycan#5411 legendarylycan Member Posts: 37,282 Arc User

I like this guy! Oh yes. Almost forgot. KANE LIVES! :)

One vision! One purpose!

(and i still want to know where kane went at the end of tiberian twilight - and exactly who or what the hell he was)​​
    Like special weapons from other Star Trek games? Wondering if they can be replicated in STO even a little bit? Check this out: https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1262277/a-mostly-comprehensive-guide-to-star-trek-videogame-special-weapons-and-their-sto-equivalents

#LegalizeAwoo

A normie goes "Oh, what's this?"
    An otaku goes "UwU, what's this?"
    A furry goes "OwO, what's this?"
    A werewolf goes "Awoo, what's this?"

"It's nothing personal, I just don't feel like I've gotten to know a person until I've sniffed their crotch."
    "We said 'no' to Mr. Curiosity. We're not home. Curiosity is not welcome, it is not to be invited in. Curiosity...is bad. It gets you in trouble, it gets you killed, and more importantly...it makes you poor!"
    Passion and Serenity are one.
    I gain power by understanding both.
    In the chaos of their battle, I bring order.
    I am a shadow, darkness born from light.
    The Force is united within me.