test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What season was the best in your opinion?

2»

Comments

• Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    S11. Admiralty will rock.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    Season 7: New Romulus (New Romulus Expansion)
    Lets hear it for Legacy of Romulus! was a close one though, under siege and and the Sphere come close.

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User
    After experiencing the new crafting system, I can wholeheartedly say that I liked the old crafting system better.

Here here! I can admit that the crafting system was boring, but it was waaaay better then the current one.
    I rather spend credit as well instead of figuring out the crafting system.

21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    double post delete this

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    protogothprotogoth Member Posts: 2,369 Arc User
    Of course, New Romulus was around before Season 7. Season 7 was Legacy of Romulus, which gave us (finally!) playable Romulans and the Republic. The votes here have been overwhelmingly positive for LoR, which ought to be a hint to Cryptic -- and more relevantly to PWE, since they hold the purse strings -- that the players want the RRF faction finished (made into a full faction, with our own stuff).

Make it so.
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    Season 9: A New Accord (Borg Revamp, Traits, Kits, Crafting)
    After experiencing the new crafting system, I can wholeheartedly say that I liked the old crafting system better.
    apulse wrote: »
    Here here! I can admit that the crafting system was boring, but it was waaaay better then the current one.
    I rather spend credit as well instead of figuring out the crafting system.

I did say it was an unpopular opinion didn't I?​​
  • Options
    thenoname711thenoname711 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Season 8: The Sphere (Dyson Sphere, Voth,New Adventure zones)
    S8, although it was the most dissapointing at the same time because they overhyped it(the space part os the dyson sphere was a joke and story too short). But we still got the dyson ground battlezone and best space queue ever made, The Breach.
    Gameserver not found.
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    S-7 because of romulans
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    I had reservations about picking Season 7 because of the imbalance the Warbirds and RRW traits brought. However, you cannot argue against what was put in:

- A half faction.
    - A half faction with faction specific missions.
    - Warbirds
    - Playable Romulans, Remans

But S7 was also a gravestone of sorts. S7 was the last time Cryptic had faction specific missions. S7 also finished the chain of missions for low level KDF play and FINALLY made KDF a faction to pick right away from joining the game in 2013 when the game released in 2010. Everything else after S7 is basically a Fed Storyline with key words being changed to make the mission magically have a KDF or Romulan flavor. Like changing "Admiral" to "General" and randomly inserting "Honor" or "Glory," or better yet, "Honor and Glory" in the same sentence. For the Romulans, you didn't even need to change "Admiral" just randomly put in "Republic" and you're good.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    aurigas7aurigas7 Member Posts: 488 Arc User
    Season 6: Under Siege (Fleet Advancement System, Nukara Zone)
    Season 6. While I enjoyed having Romulans and the storyline missions were good to some extend, season 7 brought a lot of farming, Epoohs, Scimitars, SRO's, Tovan Khev and all that TRIBBLE.
    Vorcha_forward.jpg
  • Options
    hatepwehatepwe Member Posts: 252 Arc User
    I was a little sad that Cardassians aren't available yet but there's still a ton of space for them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    knuhteb5knuhteb5 Member Posts: 1,831 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    Hands down legacy of Romulus. It brought me back to sto after having abandoned it for about a year.
    aGHGQIKr41KNi.gif
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Season 9: A New Accord (Borg Revamp, Traits, Kits, Crafting)
    Season 7 and LoR were two very different things....
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    khamseenairkhamseenair Member Posts: 2,640 Bug Hunter
    Season 4: Crossfire (Ground combat revamp)

Most people don't seem to understand the difference between a new Season and an expansion.
    ​​
    Join date is wrong, I've actually been around since STO Beta.
    True alters don't have a "main". Account wide unlocks for all unique event rewards!!
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    Haven't been playing the game long enough to really be able to vote but if I did, it would be for New Romulus. It just feels like the company really stepped up their game at that point in terms of environments/artwork and the storylines.
  • Options
    apulseapulse Member Posts: 456 Arc User

Most people don't seem to understand the difference between a new Season and an expansion.
    ​​

yeah but it arrived in the season.
    You can only have ten options in the pool, that is why I didn't add them as seperate.. and that Delta Rising got to the wrong season, (can't change pools when it is published)
    21ajpqt.png
  • Options
    fewzzfewzz Member Posts: 242 Arc User
    Well sadly they have all been pretty rubbish with the Romulan Season being the highlight even if most Romulan players abandon there character and go back to Fedside.
  • Options
    forcemajeureforcemajeure Member Posts: 212 Arc User
    I'm not really qualified to vote, although I signed up earlier I didn't actually play until just before the Romulan update.

I am curious though about the massive lead the Romulan combo (season/LoR) has on the others. I liked it, but also though the Voth one was pretty good and game-enriching.

What features of the 'the green Season' made it so popular among players? (Moreso than the others)