test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

XMPP Help

i was told that i could access my fleets private channel via XMPP. i have never done this before.

it is my understanding that i put my username@crypticspace.com

then my sto password.

and the domain name is crypticspace.com

and the port is 5222.

i have encountered 2 problems

my client is asking for a surver and host, not a domain. also my login is a bit odd.

it is my email, and it wont accept .................user@hotmail.co.uk@crypticspace.com............ after looking around my username is because of the cryptic merge a series of numbers and hashes. i logged out while in game and there was that login code.... however that wont work either

what do i do?
nerf.jpg]

Comments

• tomgonjinn23tomgonjinn23 Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    You shouldn't need XMPP to get into your fleets private channel you should be able to search it and at worst put in a in-game password to get in. The fact you need to put your STO password in makes me nervous your account could be indanger.
  • captinwh0captinwh0 Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    well pidgin is supported by sto they trust it, i just need an android platform
    nerf.jpg]
  • tehbubbalootehbubbaloo Member Posts: 2,003 Arc User
    edited October 2015
    iirc, people that have a newer-styled email address login instead use their handle to login with pidgin. so if your client login is tom394857@gmail.com, and your in-game handle is @captinwho, you login with captinwho@crypticspace.com.

ps, you need to be either a subscriber or hold lifetime to access chat via xmpp. do you qualify?​​
  • starke1701starke1701 Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    ps, you need to be either a subscriber or hold lifetime to access chat via xmpp. do you qualify?​​

Incidentally, if you have an LTS in Champions, that should let you in with XMPP. At least, I think it does. It's been a long time since I mucked around with that system.
  • primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    Seems to be an issue somewhere that has taken this down. Still waiting on a Dev Response though

If you are unsure if your setup is correct, the XMPP Instructions can be found here: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1182369/out-of-game-chat-via-xmpp