test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Admirality ships with wrong stats when narrowing criteria

suavekssuaveks Member Posts: 1,736 Arc User
Narrowing the display criteria when selecting ships for assignment causes ships to show wrong stats.

Here's an example of when I only allowed "Rare" ships to be displayed - http://i.imgur.com/cJUII5j.png
Compare Kazon Raider stats displayed (left) with its actual stats (right). I'm also certain the Blockade Runner also doesn't have 51 sci and 16 tac.

All stats return to normal when I allow all ships to be shown.
PyKDqad.jpg

Comments

• jaturnleyjaturnley Member Posts: 1,218 Arc User
    Sometimes stats change when you add them to an active roster based on the Event bonus and bonuses from other ships, so a shot of the mission and the other ships that have been added would be useful here. Probably right about the Blockade Runner, though :)
  • borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2015
    jaturnley wrote: »
    Sometimes stats change when you add them to an active roster based on the Event bonus and bonuses from other ships

While this is true, it can't account for the discrepancy on the Steamrunner's stats. I've verified that the A-Ship has the correct stats internally, and checked my own character on Tribble to make sure. I'm fairly certain that this is a UI display error of some sort, but I was unable to reproduce the error.

If anyone figures out steps to get this to display reliably incorrect info, I'd like to hear what has to be done so we can try and correct the issue.

Edit:
    For the record, Steamrunner Retrofit is supposed to have 26 ENG / 50 TAC / 14 SCI

Edit2:
    Wait... I get it, the UI is showing the stats for the ship above it.
    Eclipse is showing Kazon stats, Kazon is showing Steamrunner stats, Steamrunner is showing D'Kyr stats, etc. Weird, but at least it's not totally random.
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    [...]
    If anyone figures out steps to get this to display reliably incorrect info, I'd like to hear what has to be done so we can try and correct the issue.[...]

I've only recall seeing incorrect stats so far when toying around with the filters.

Assume I want to fill a project with a high ENG requirement. Usually I uncheck tac and sci ships first to see what eng options I have. Then I proceed to switch to another filter category and that is where the misleading stats happen. Once I scrolled around a bit in the newly filtered list the stats seem to become 'correct' again.
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    I have also seen this happen after changing the filters. In my case hovering over one of the incorrect numbers caused that number to refresh and show the correct value for the ship in question. Unfortunately I'm not able to reproduce this, sorry.