test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Anyone notice that the vendors pay now less than 50% for items?

Before the game was down, i notice that the vendor i usually sell my useless items to now gives me less than 50% of what it is worth.

Comments

• kenshin923kenshin923 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Thank you. I will try to find a better vendor.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,626 Arc User
    The Ferengi only pay 40%, and have for years.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    Some vendors give you 50%, others 40%. Always check first.
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,463 Arc User
    kenshin923 wrote: »
    Before the game was down, i notice that the vendor i usually sell my useless items to now gives me less than 50% of what it is worth.

Didn't you instructor tell you not to trust Ferengi?
    But as others have mentioned, not all vendors pay the same.​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • sunfranckssunfrancks Member Posts: 3,925 Arc User
    Just go to one that isn't a Ferengi.
    Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) Tac Andorian (Shen) Sci Alien/Klingon (Maelrock) KDF:Tac Romulan KDF (Sasha) Tac Klingon (K'dopis)
    Founder, member and former leader to Pride Of The Federation Fleet.
    What I feel after I hear about every decision made since Andre "Mobile Games Generalisimo" Emerson arrived...
    3oz8xC9gn8Fh4DK9Q4.gif

• markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    Actually.... it's not just Ferengi. All commodity vendors are 40%, as are the vendors that sell "special" ground gear.(it's actually the dev's weird way of adding more weapons to the ground vendor without changing the vendors)

Not all bartenders actually buy stuff though.... maybe it's just the Risian ones that don't. Anyways, the vendors you buy hypos from usually are 50% too.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • devilzaphandevilzaphan Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Even on Romulus they are paying less than they used to.
    Romulan sexy time
    romulancommander1.jpg

• anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Actually.... it's not just Ferengi. All commodity vendors are 40%, as are the vendors that sell "special" ground gear.(it's actually the dev's weird way of adding more weapons to the ground vendor without changing the vendors)

Not all bartenders actually buy stuff though.... maybe it's just the Risian ones that don't. Anyways, the vendors you buy hypos from usually are 50% too.

Some Ferengi, like the ones that don't sell commodities on Drozana, will pay 50%, too.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Bartenders give the best prices, but not the one on your ship.

The bartender in the Dyson Command spire(not the fleet spire) does not give 50%, so not all bartenders.

"I can see this argument coming, "But he is Ferengi." But the Drozana Station Ferengi Bartender DOES give 50%.

The best thing I can suggest, just transwarp to your fleet star base and use the bartender(50%) there. This way when you are done and leave, it puts you right back where you left, so you can continue on about your business, so you don't have to go out of your way to visit a location with a reasonable bartender. For real, who wants to fly all the way to Drozana Station to sell their vendor trash, I know I don't. Before the walls came down, Drozana Station was not too out of the way, today though, it is one of the most remote locations in the game, TRIBBLE that hot mess.

• groomofweirdgroomofweird Member Posts: 1,045 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Bartenders give the best prices, but not the one on your ship.

The bartender in the Dyson Command spire(not the fleet spire) does not give 50%, so not all bartenders.

"I can see this argument coming, "But he is Ferengi." But the Drozana Station Ferengi Bartender DOES give 50%.

The best thing I can suggest, just transwarp to your fleet star base and use the bartender(50%) there. This way when you are done and leave, it puts you right back where you left, so you can continue on about your business, so you don't have to go out of your way to visit a location with a reasonable bartender. For real, who wants to fly all the way to Drozana Station to sell their vendor trash, I know I don't. Before the walls came down, Drozana Station was not too out of the way, today though, it is one of the most remote locations in the game, TRIBBLE that hot mess.

I did not know the fleet starbase bartender bought items...I had never taken the time to check.
    You sir have rocked my world :smiley:
    Nimoysig1_zpsr79joxz3.jpg
    "If this will be our end, then I will have them make SUCH an end as to be worthy of rememberance! Out of torpedos you say?! Find me the ferengi!".
  • xparr15xparr15 Member Posts: 283 Arc User
    I just go to the space or ground consumable vendors. Those are always 50% and are anywhere there is a ship selector.
  • lindalefflindaleff Member Posts: 3,734 Arc User
    I transwarp to the fleet starbase, and sell everything to the Chef.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
    Click here to view my DeviantArt.
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    The 602 Bartenders, both buy at 50% in Star Fleet Academy.
    The outfitter lady behind the counter in the room to the right of the Tailor at ESD, buys at 50%.
    The Andorian standing at the bank in the K-7 station, buys at 50%.
    The outfitter behind the counter to the left in the docking bay of DS9, also buys at 50%.
    There are several others, but these are the most convenient.
    If you have access to The Captains Table there is a NPC there that also buys at 50%, but this one is very much out of the way.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
    edited September 2015
    There is also the weapons dealer at the ESD shipyard section.

Also, the armour dealer directly ahead of you when you beam to Deep Space 9.
    I completed a 2-man CSE, ISE, and KASE, Optionals included. And I soloed Winter Invasion.
    My Ship Builds: USS Conqueror, HMS Victorious, HMS Concord, ISS Queen Elizabeth, Black Widow III
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    What we need is an 'Emergency Power to Replicators' so our Replicators don't 'cheat' us on both sides of the equation. ;)

The bigger problem now is finding Vendors to sell you Commodities at non-inflated prices now that the Space Freighter Vendors have all 'sailed to the west' with the Space Sector revamp; Tuffli, Cell Ships not withstanding.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    What we need is an 'Emergency Power to Replicators' so our Replicators don't 'cheat' us on both sides of the equation. ;)

The bigger problem now is finding Vendors to sell you Commodities at non-inflated prices now that the Space Freighter Vendors have all 'sailed to the west' with the Space Sector revamp; Tuffli, Cell Ships not withstanding.

Embassy sells most of the commodities the kdf is least likely to get in large amounts via raiding for below vendor prices (warp coils, ireps, entertainment commodities..) while for the rest there is the kdf five finger discount or tuffli/cell - Just throw out a request and see if anyone gives you an invite

Also...don't forget ferengis get a nice discount on most vendor items so if you bulk buy hypos, torps, fighters ect for fleet/general use, it can save you a nice chunk of ec over time​​
  • gar1979gar1979 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Does not remember the last time I got a reasonable exchange rate from a Ferengi
  • sunseahlsunseahl Member Posts: 827 Arc User
    Even on Romulus they are paying less than they used to.

All vendors(except Romulan/Reman) buy at 40% from Romulan-aligned captains, Even the 602 Bartenders. This kind of mismanaged "junk vendor" payment is ridiculous.​​
    Member of the "Disenchanted"
    We don't want what the Feds have. We want the equivalent. We want fairer treatment. Concern, desire, greed to some extent, and passionate belief that the enough people would buy KDF items to make it worth Cryptic's while.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    And what is it with the KDF Vov'wl. Food only, no provisions. They expect the KDF to 'appropriate' it all?
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,236 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    The 602 Bartenders, both buy at 50% in Star Fleet Academy.
    The outfitter lady behind the counter in the room to the right of the Tailor at ESD, buys at 50%.
    The Andorian standing at the bank in the K-7 station, buys at 50%.
    The outfitter behind the counter to the left in the docking bay of DS9, also buys at 50%.
    There are several others, but these are the most convenient.
    If you have access to The Captains Table there is a NPC there that also buys at 50%, but this one is very much out of the way.
    B)
    lindaleff wrote: »
    There is also the weapons dealer at the ESD shipyard section.

Also, the armour dealer directly ahead of you when you beam to Deep Space 9.
    KDF side is similar.

The Klingon vendors at Qonos and KA who sell gear/hypos. There are also Gorn who give you a "special deal" but they buy at 40% and don't really sell anything useful.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
    If you want convenience, just transwarp to your fleet starbase, and sell to the Chef. Beam back to Sector, continue with your missions. Problem solved.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    I am too lazy to go to a vender, it is all right click and done.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    For some reason, bartenders seem to give 50%. Must be a good paying gig. ;)
    Sometimes I think I play STO just to have something to complain about on the forums.
  • comrademococomrademoco Member Posts: 1,694 Bug Hunter
    Its commercial business. The NPC want to make money as well... :) I would too buy at 40% and sell at 50% if I were an NPC...

Joking aside... what @markhawkman said is correct, usually commodity type vendors sell 40% while, equipment requisition venders sell at 50%...

I wish there were another secret vendors that would sell at 60% to 100% *looks at Cryptic* *cough* Capt's Table *cough*
    6tviTDx.png