test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borg Red ALert

horizons2052horizons2052 Member Posts: 184 Arc User
edited September 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
So I was flying through the Beta quadrant at maximum warp from Earth Space Dock to the B'tran cluster when I passed by a Borg cube in space, a red alert popped up on my screen, I opened its dialogue and discovered that indeed it was the Borg red alert. So I decided to warp to it. Apparently the Borg laid a trap for me that knocked my game client offline. Upon entering the red alert, the standard loading screen popped up but it was patching, but not really, it said it was patching but it wasn't downloading or patching anything, no progress, to add to that the red "server not responding" timer popped up and it got up to 143+ second before I gave up and closed it down.

Now, I am unable to start my client alltogether. The game is not just figuratively unplayable, I literally cannot get my game client to open. I get this message "Unable to establish connection to patch server. Please check your Internet connection. If problems persist, please contact technical support." Well, I am here right now creating this post, so my Internet connection checks out.

So what is going on here?

Edit: as it turns out, the fact that I was entering the Borg red alert might have just been coincidental, apparently their patch server thingy is broken or deleted or whatever, none of that means anything to me, all I see is a game client I cannot get into.

Comments

• Options
    jennyward1985jennyward1985 Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    There is a problem connecting 2 the launcher atm but they r looking in2 it. its a DNS issue apparently :-/