test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm Guessing Kes Won't be in STO Anytime Soon...

13»

Comments

• Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    azrael605 wrote: »
    BTW, this is still much less serious than what Stephen Collins (Captain Decker, TMP) did.
    Please, continue.

Hit up google, he confessed to sexual abuse of children.

Revolting sick freak...if it wasn't for the statue of limitation, he should be in prison where he belongs...and I don't for a moment believe there were just three little girls he abused.
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    All I'll say is read the full story. You can debate all you want about whether the exposure of a woman's chest is right or wrong, but her reasons for doing this make this far less dubious.

She got annoyed by a neighbour's crying child so decided to expose herself to try and scare the kid. When another neighbour complained and the police showed up she threatened that she was going to shoot to kill.

So to answer the question at hand, no Kes, but the character's dead in the game's present time. One of the drawbacks of being so powerful is she's going to die faster.
  • Options
    goodscotchgoodscotch Member Posts: 1,680 Arc User
    Maybe the Ocampa will be part of an upcoming season and she could do a speaking part. Looks like she could use the work and a break.
    klingon-bridge.jpg

• Options
    hawku001xhawku001x Member Posts: 10,761 Arc User
    ashrod63 wrote: »
    So to answer the question at hand, no Kes, but the character's dead in the game's present time. One of the drawbacks of being so powerful is she's going to die faster.

She could've become powerful enough to stop her own aging. (Something Q couldn't do :) )
  • Options
    ashrod63ashrod63 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    hawku001x wrote: »
    ashrod63 wrote: »

She could've become powerful enough to stop her own aging. (Something Q couldn't do :) )

Possibly, but clearly she wasn't having much luck with her tests because the last time we saw her she'd actually seemingly sped up her aging process and was already suffering from the early stages of the morilogium.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    The gets into a wider issue...but why is the Delta Quadrant in the game so small? You have the Kazon having travelled as far as Neelix's asteroid which was...30,000 light years away?

There are Ocampa flying around in freighters and yet, there had no space craft whatsoever when Voyager left.

I STILL don't understand why the Caretaker didn't just move the Ocampa, instead of sticking them under the surface, but five years later, they would have had to go up to the surface anyway!

And as for Kes...an Ocampa, who has communicated with Species 8472 and achieved powers that allowed her to propel Voyager 10,000 light years and with the guy on Susperia's array was older than her at that age, HADN'T aged, why did she?

Is they hadn't sacked Lien, they would have had to get around her ageing, because there is NO way the series would have kept a granny in the series...and I also read in one of the novels that the Kes is "Fury" was basically her Evil ID, like in The Forbidden Planet.

*sigh*.
  • Options
    rickdankorickdanko Member Posts: 470 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Maybe the Ocampa will be part of an upcoming season and she could do a speaking part. Looks like she could use the work and a break.

Unfortunately, from what I've read, she's still in police custody since the incident happened. Doesn't have the $2,500 bond it seems. :(

C'mon, Mulgrew, cough up some of that NTSF:SD:SUV money and do a kickstarter!
    They're not really gone, as long as we remember them
    candle_burning.gif
    Plasma Nugget
    Rayzee
    excellentawesome#4589
    torgaddon101
    raeat

I'm allowed to disagree.
  • Options
    stonewbiestonewbie Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    And as for Kes...an Ocampa, who has communicated with Species 8472 and achieved powers that allowed her to propel Voyager 10,000 light years and with the guy on Susperia's array was older than her at that age, HADN'T aged, why did she?

Is they hadn't sacked Lien, they would have had to get around her ageing, because there is NO way the series would have kept a granny in the series...and I also read in one of the novels that the Kes is "Fury" was basically her Evil ID, like in The Forbidden Planet.

*sigh*.

Did the guy on Susperias array have to deal the kind of stress that Kes had to deal with what with all the "turning into a floating entity" thing? also would crazy Kes have been more believable as crazy if she shows up fresh faced a few years later? or like an old lady? She shows up and with barely saying a word on the viewscreen Capt Janeway and everybody on the bridge looks worried to see her the way she is. Would it have been as dramatic if Kes shows up looking like her 1997 self?
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    dark4blood wrote: »
    So from my understanding there are TWO Kes's in the same timeline due to an alternate universe interference. The on e that evolved and the one that failed to evolve and went back home which is probably dead. Yeah, no need to reintroduce the other unless she had a kid or something.

Given the Ocampa lifespan, we'd probably be on to her great grandchild or beyond--at which point resemblance to the original actress is simply not a requirement.

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    rickdanko wrote: »
    To be fair, I don't think her appearance is 100% due to drugs. Some is genetics. Some folks just don't age well.

Indeed. Many battle our genetics as we grow older. Most stay in the fight.

If she lost a stone or two, grew her hair out, dyed it blonde, put on some makeup, we'd be seeing her in a much different light I think.

It looks to me like she just let herself go. Kinda gave up.

Something's not right with her, It's very sad. She's so full of promise too.
    goodscotch wrote: »
    Maybe the Ocampan COULD be a part of an upcoming season and she could do a speaking part. Looks like she could use the work and a break.

You know, That's one hell of an idea! I would very much like to see that happen !

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    The gets into a wider issue...but why is the Delta Quadrant in the game so small? You have the Kazon having travelled as far as Neelix's asteroid which was...30,000 light years away?
    I think it's mostly because the wanted to show every location known from Voyager on a single map. Otherwise, they would have needed multiple maps (since there is a limit to how big maps can be, which is why we had the old Sector Space) that were mostly empty.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    aristocratsupremaristocratsuprem Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    So many boys would have loved to have seen Lein naked and in handcuffs in 1995. But in 2015? NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    aristocratsupremaristocratsuprem Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    Words cannot describe...

YKkSgqn.jpg

That chin. Robert Z'Dar territory.
    toqlz68ju8ggr3xv9lLodGR0_250.jpg

And the rest of her reminds me of
    latest?cb=20100810172511&path-prefix=en

• Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Wow, some people are TRIBBLE :|.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    I think it's mostly because the wanted to show every location known from Voyager on a single map. Otherwise, they would have needed multiple maps (since there is a limit to how big maps can be, which is why we had the old Sector Space) that were mostly empty.​​
    It's not even all of it. More like the middle of it.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg