test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Iconian vests' limitations

Oh come on, we can use all the Kobali stuff to modify our uniforms but Iconian Vests are limited? Why? why limit our creativity?

Comments

• Options
    makocallowaymakocalloway Member Posts: 455 Arc User
    And why is this and other items limited to our player and not boffs? Why can't they have off duty options?
    5rFUCPd.png

• Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    I'll never understand the silly arbitrary limits they place on the costuming options in this game, which would otherwise be one of the best and most extensive of any MMO.
  • Options
    sennahcheribsennahcherib Member Posts: 2,823 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    yep me too. i would like to be able to mix everything. And, no this is not cbs fault, why? because if they don't like non-cannons stuff, why players can use insectoid armor, the weird delta armor etc.

- more costumes and accessories (at reasonable prices) in the c-store and less ships; thx
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Another vote for letting me use all unlocked costumes including off-duty on my boffs. If I want my boffs in merc outfits or dinner party black tie then let me.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    lizwei wrote: »
    I'll never understand the silly arbitrary limits they place on the costuming options in this game, which would otherwise be one of the best and most extensive of any MMO.

My thoughts exactly.
  • Options
    medalionemissarymedalionemissary Member Posts: 612 Arc User
    I wish the Iconian Orb options actually had the orbs... rotating around you... that would be badass
    Deep Space Nine in HD, make it so!
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    And why is this and other items limited to our player and not boffs? Why can't they have off duty options?

They are not human.​​
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    has anyone noticed when your toon raises thier arms you can see through them?

atleast my betazoid female has this issue its kind of unsettling tbh
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,023 Community Moderator

I think this is a known bug with female characters by now.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    jorantomalakjorantomalak Member Posts: 7,133 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

I think this is a known bug with female characters by now.

aight was kinda wondering what was up with the oddness of it all
  • Options
    aesicaaesica Member Posts: 736 Arc User

My character doesn't even need to raise her arms to see it--there's a sort of empty void spot in the armpits, and I can't even understand how such an obvious glitch made it past quality control.
    Rubberband Dance has been unlocked!
    kNqxcCf.gif
  • Options
    gulberatgulberat Member Posts: 5,505 Arc User
    aesica wrote: »

My character doesn't even need to raise her arms to see it--there's a sort of empty void spot in the armpits, and I can't even understand how such an obvious glitch made it past quality control.

Think that's bad? My Reman female has no torso AND no arms in that outfit. O_O

Christian Gaming Community Fleets--Faith, Fun, and Fellowship! See the website and PM for more. :-)
    Proudly F2P.  Signature image by gulberat. Avatar image by balsavor.deviantart.com.
  • Options
    tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Oddly, Iconian Vest pieces are unlocked in Off-Duty, but not in Uniform. Either being available in Off-Duty is an error, of them not being available in Uniform is a oversight.

As a side note, within the Iconian Vest category, some pieces of the Iconian Reputation Armor (if you unlocked it) can be used, like the bracers and boots.​​
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• Options
    bioixibioixi Member Posts: 764 Arc User
    tk79 wrote: »
    Oddly, Iconian Vest pieces are unlocked in Off-Duty, but not in Uniform. Either being available in Off-Duty is an error, of them not being available in Uniform is a oversight.

As a side note, within the Iconian Vest category, some pieces of the Iconian Reputation Armor (if you unlocked it) can be used, like the bracers and boots.​​

Interesting, it might be a bug, they might have mixed the uniform and off-duty categories so the Iconian vest appears off-duty instead on the uniform category.