test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

TRIBBLE couple?

sulustrike96sulustrike96 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
Why do you have this in the mission house pegh for? Do you really want to get yourself into this heated discussion? The passage goes as this, (damir) e'elar is right over there, she will be part of the away team to extract any iconian intelligence in the facility. Be careful, her MATE trevana is very.... protective. e'elar and trevana are both female klingons. If you want to get in big trouble with your customers go ahead, or if you want to be smart, change the word mate with sister. That will take care of it. The reason I found out about it is because I like to read all talks from the npc's to learn about the story behind these sto missions.

Comments

• nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Who cares if they are TRIBBLE?
    Tza0PEl.png
  • smokeybacon90smokeybacon90 Member Posts: 2,252 Arc User
    Do you really want to get yourself into this heated discussion?

It seems that you're the one starting a heated discussion.

Do yourself a favour and delete your post before it gets out of hand.
    EnYn9p9.jpg
  • angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Guess what - there are even lesbians playing this game pig-24.gif Some might even post in your threadpig-17.gif. You should uninstall STO and delete your account before they infect you.

Tried to report the thread for being a pathetic attempt at igniting a past flamefest again, it says I don't have permission to do so...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Oh bugger off.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Almost got me there troll bait..

Almost...
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • sulustrike96sulustrike96 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Let me rephrase this a little, typing half asleep and at 1 am in the morning you make mistakes. Perfect world e-mail me to bring it here for them to read. So be it. I'm a lifetimer that started playing sto when it just got started way back when. Star trek online have ask me many of times to give them ideas for their game, to help improve it for other customers to enjoy. Small things like this also come up. Do I care about your backgrounds? Nope. Can I stop anyone from playing sto? Nope. I can provide however important information for the game that can help make it more enjoyable for all, that is what I can do. Star trek has been a great game to me because i'm a trekkie. I love it that it became a mmo to play. Perfect World isn't well, Perfect. They make mistakes just like the rest of us do. Its the customers job to point out the mistakes, no matter how small they are. Even this will cause thousands or hundred of thousands of players or more to leave. That adds up to a lot of money lost. Changing one word in the sentence in the first post is a great idea to help stop this from happening. I know what others will say, "its not going to hurt anyone, its not doing anything wrong, etc." Sorry but, experience has shown me differently time and time again. When money is involved, IT DOES MATTER. As I have been informed by Perfect World, (Star Trek Online) to give them information about things like missions, area's on or in the maps, npc's, etc. that need to be looked at, I'm happy to be so because i'm just that loyal of a customer to do it. Perfect World, i'll wait patiently for your reply on this matter. As a loyal customer should do. Before I go tho, I like to give some others who like to cry, complain, type garbage on forums to just get their kicks on insulting others for this and that a little information. Like I said before, I have a job with Perfect World (Star Trek Online), to do because I'm a loyal customer that does care. So, I'm going to continue to do so.
  • guljarolguljarol Member Posts: 980 Arc User
    Let me rephrase this a little, typing half asleep and at 1 am in the morning you make mistakes. Perfect world e-mail me to bring it here for them to read. So be it. I'm a lifetimer that started playing sto when it just got started way back when. Star trek online have ask me many of times to give them ideas for their game, to help improve it for other customers to enjoy. Small things like this also come up. Do I care about your backgrounds? Nope. Can I stop anyone from playing sto? Nope. I can provide however important information for the game that can help make it more enjoyable for all, that is what I can do. Star trek has been a great game to me because i'm a trekkie. I love it that it became a mmo to play. Perfect World isn't well, Perfect. They make mistakes just like the rest of us do. Its the customers job to point out the mistakes, no matter how small they are. Even this will cause thousands or hundred of thousands of players or more to leave. That adds up to a lot of money lost. Changing one word in the sentence in the first post is a great idea to help stop this from happening. I know what others will say, "its not going to hurt anyone, its not doing anything wrong, etc." Sorry but, experience has shown me differently time and time again. When money is involved, IT DOES MATTER. As I have been informed by Perfect World, (Star Trek Online) to give them information about things like missions, area's on or in the maps, npc's, etc. that need to be looked at, I'm happy to be so because i'm just that loyal of a customer to do it. Perfect World, i'll wait patiently for your reply on this matter. As a loyal customer should do. Before I go tho, I like to give some others who like to cry, complain, type garbage on forums to just get their kicks on insulting others for this and that a little information. Like I said before, I have a job with Perfect World (Star Trek Online), to do because I'm a loyal customer that does care. So, I'm going to continue to do so.

And what does all this have to do with the Klingon couple? onion-13.gif

You want to point out mistakes? File a bug report, that's what it's for. Your OP is not about mistakes, though.​​
    You think 'thousands or hundred of thousands of players or more to leave' because there is a TRIBBLE Klingon couple? You know that that's been ingame since 'Spin the Wheel' came out and the only people who would leave the game over that line are braindead or from Saudi Arabia.

When the episode came out there was pages and pages and thread after thread of argument on the subject and you know what the boiled down to (for the most part)? Whether it was in character for Klingons to accept them, not whether it was acceptable for the game.

Grow up or ignore the little, tiny, insignificant line that has no impact on developed people.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• sulustrike96sulustrike96 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    While I was writing the first and second post on this subject, I did go back and research on the mission house pegh on the forums. I personally just played this mission on the 2nd of this month myself. Been working with friends on other mmos on and off. That's why I just posted this. Yes I knew about the big flamewar about the subject, but what you all are not seeing or don't care to see is IT KEEPS COMING BACK. The subject keeps coming back over and over and over again. This post is to show Perfect World (Star Trek), that cutting off the post, banning players for it, etc. isn't working. You can't keep doing that, it don't work that way. Some new player works his/her toon up the leveling tree, comes to this mission and see's/ reads the paragraph, is going to write about it on the forums. No one is going to stop them from doing that. Its going to repeat over and over and over again. I made a simple and to the point fit on the matter. Change one word and its done. No more talk about it. Thats IS the point here. No one has made any suggestions on how to change the mission in anyway whatsoever on this subject. I want this to stop also, but as long as it saids " (damir) e'elar is right over there, she will be part of the away team to extract any iconian intelligence in the facility. Be careful, her MATE trevana is very.... protective.", in the mission paragraph, someone else in the future (near or far future) is going to bring this up all over again. So, I hope Perfect World/Star Trek Online sees my point and agrees it needs to be done. They have no more reasons to brush this off anymore. Its got to be done.
    No one has made any suggestions on how to change the mission in anyway whatsoever on this subject.

Because people don't have a problem with it, and don't want it changed.

You need to understand that YOU have the problem. Not the game.​​
  • orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    Edit:Nevermind, best not get flamey over this...
    guljarol wrote: »
    *snip*
    You need to understand that YOU have the problem. Not the game.​​

This, is basically what should be taken from this discussion, there is nothing functionally wrong with the mission.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    While I was writing the first and second post on this subject, I did go back and research on the mission house pegh on the forums. I personally just played this mission on the 2nd of this month myself. Been working with friends on other mmos on and off. That's why I just posted this. Yes I knew about the big flamewar about the subject, but what you all are not seeing or don't care to see is IT KEEPS COMING BACK. The subject keeps coming back over and over and over again. This post is to show Perfect World (Star Trek), that cutting off the post, banning players for it, etc. isn't working. You can't keep doing that, it don't work that way. Some new player works his/her toon up the leveling tree, comes to this mission and see's/ reads the paragraph, is going to write about it on the forums. No one is going to stop them from doing that. Its going to repeat over and over and over again. I made a simple and to the point fit on the matter. Change one word and its done. No more talk about it. Thats IS the point here. No one has made any suggestions on how to change the mission in anyway whatsoever on this subject. I want this to stop also, but as long as it saids " (damir) e'elar is right over there, she will be part of the away team to extract any iconian intelligence in the facility. Be careful, her MATE trevana is very.... protective.", in the mission paragraph, someone else in the future (near or far future) is going to bring this up all over again. So, I hope Perfect World/Star Trek Online sees my point and agrees it needs to be done. They have no more reasons to brush this off anymore. Its got to be done.

Your trolling needs work, you have the part down about pretending you care about the well being of the game, but you're not making yourself look like enough of a victim.

I suggest you review the posts of some of the members of Starfleet Dental if you want to really know how to start a flame war, those guys are pros. Don't get me wrong, your post is stupid and full of false statements, you really nailed that, but if you really want to troll like a pro you need more 'look at me, I'm a victim.' You will also eventually learn the tactic of starting a thread that clearly violates the rules and then calling out the people that reply saying they're violating the rules, that's a big one too.. but it all comes in time. Obviously, you're new to the art of trolling.

Keep going though, you're getting there. I have faith in you.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • hakanodatehakanodate Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    sulustrike should change his name, because we all know that Sulu is TRIBBLE and I'm concerned that people are going to keep bringing that up. I'm just saying this from sulustrike's best interest and to improve sulustrike's user id. That's my job, I work for Perfect Word Entertainment and have been giving them advices on things both big and small since closed Beta. If sulustrike doesn't want big trouble and hundreds and thousands of people in the player base putting him on ignore, he should change his name to something straight, like scottystrike.
  • cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    Rule#34, that is all .
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Here's a line you'll most definitely hear from a teenage boy, any boy really, playing a video game. "I can't play this game anymore because there's lesbians in it." /sarcasm
    Tza0PEl.png
    edited September 2015
    (...) Keep going though, you're getting there. I have faith in you.

Thanks for putting your finger on it. I couldn't make out what it was, that faint familiarity, yet missing the essentials. Now I see it - it's an attempted, but failed, Dental impersonation pig-26.gif Someone should have them a hint there's an impostor running around pig-47.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
    IT KEEPS COMING BACK. The subject keeps coming back over and over and over again.

Yeah, that's you. Since the initial release the only one I've seen is this one. Players do not leave the game over forum flame wars as most players don't visit the forums and flame wars are ten-a-penny here anyway.​​

#TASforSTO

• tyriniussstyriniusss Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    It's a Star Trek game. In the future people got over this, so should we. Isn't that part of what Star Trek teaches?
    If anyone really has tolerance issues this is the wrong IP for them, and thus the wrong game. Losing a few potential customers is a small investment for having an open minded playerbase in a Star Trek game.
  • starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Why do you have this in the mission house pegh for? Do you really want to get yourself into this heated discussion? The passage goes as this, (damir) e'elar is right over there, she will be part of the away team to extract any iconian intelligence in the facility. Be careful, her MATE trevana is very.... protective. e'elar and trevana are both female klingons. If you want to get in big trouble with your customers go ahead, or if you want to be smart, change the word mate with sister. That will take care of it. The reason I found out about it is because I like to read all talks from the npc's to learn about the story behind these sto missions.

Well, clearly you don't like to read all NPC dialog, because B'Eler mentioned her mate was a woman all the way back in "Spin the Wheel". :tongue: As for the rest of it, grow up, you idiot.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,545 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    This thread is getting entirely too much attention. From me as well (sigh).

OP give it a rest. You're trolling and beating a horse already expired. This train has left the station a long time ago.

I play STO to get away from the cares and worries of Real Life. Yet here you are dragging some very old ideas into a teen aged century. Into MY game time, dammit! It's not like I have a lot of free time as it is anymore. Just like most of us.

You're uncomfortable with implied and/or inferred lesbianism. I get it. I should like to point out a few things to you.

- There are only two references to this in the whole game.
    - b'Elar and Trevana were not engaged in any onscreen activity at any time which would earn this game a mature rating.
    And lastly,
    - At 53 Y.O. I am too far gone to want or need someone tp censor the content I choose to watch or play on the InterWebs.

Get over yourself. Act like you got some smarts. And quit ruinin' my game and forum time by complainin' about things you really can't do anything about. i hear they have some InterWeb games over on FB which involve farming or such. Maybe you should look into those for recreation. No one has ever heard of two pretend female cows actin' like they got the hots for each other.

Or maybe that was what you were hoping for? A little Star Trek, ahem, pron?
    To go with your Doritos and Diet Mountain Dew?
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    @pwlaughingtrendy @askray and to ANY forums MODS on here can we get this closed like ASAP to avoid the entire epic saga that way Klesbiengate of the old forums.

Word of advice to OP " some people are TRIBBLE GET OVER IT "​​
    JtaDmwW.png
  • narthaisnarthais Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    The most amusing thing to me about this thread is its location, nevermind that its toll bait on a topic long passed, for some reason its in the federation discussion section when it has absolutely nothing to do with the federation specifically.
  • strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 2,666 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2015
    Sounds like the person who started this thread needs to grow up, perhaps then the hatred in their heart will fade away.
    0zxlclk.png
  • dalnar83dalnar83 Member Posts: 2,420 Arc User
    So what. Deal with it.
    "Cryptic Studio’s Jack Emmert (2010): Microtransactions are the biggest bunch of nonsense. I like paying one fee and not worrying about it – like my cellphone. The world’s biggest MMO isn’t item based, even though the black market item GDP is bigger than Russia … microtransactions make me want to die.”
    narthais wrote: »
    The most amusing thing to me about this thread is its location, nevermind that its toll bait on a topic long passed, for some reason its in the federation discussion section when it has absolutely nothing to do with the federation specifically.

No. The most amusing thing is OPs name. Sulu was played by George Takei, LGBT rights activist, and married to man.
    tyriniusss wrote: »
    No. The most amusing thing is OPs name. Sulu was played by George Takei, LGBT rights activist, and married to man.

It's just a mindless, immature attempt at trolling the forums. It's deliberately chosen as an "ironic" part of the trolling or the OP will come in and deny Mr. Takei's sexuality in an attempt to be funny.

It's baffling that no mod happens to stumble across this, even after being messaged. It would be best if us suers would also stop feeding/pushing this thread...​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    angrytarg wrote: »

It's just a mindless, immature attempt at trolling the forums. It's deliberately chosen as an "ironic" part of the trolling or the OP will come in and deny Mr. Takei's sexuality in an attempt to be funny.

It's baffling that no mod happens to stumble across this, even after being messaged. It would be best if us suers would also stop feeding/pushing this thread...​​

Yeah, agreed.
    angrytarg wrote: »

(snip)

I wish. But some people really are this... intellectually challenged...​​
  • bltrrnbltrrn Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    My main charcacter is bi (and so am I). #Gopumpit
    R E M A I N

Tal'Shiar/Reman Resistance/Romulan Nemesis uniform, pls.

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7403/13262502435_5604548f2c_o.png
  • potasssiumpotasssium Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    I wonder is she in the house of pegh group because mainstream Klingon society rejects them, or just a coincidence.

Not bothered by it in game one bit, for the record.
    Thanks for the Advanced Light Cruiser, Allied Escort Bundles, Jem-Hadar Light Battlecruiser, and Mek'leth
    New Content Wishlist
    T6 updates for the Kamarag & Vor'Cha
    Heavy Cruiser & a Movie Era Style AoY Utility Cruiser
    Dahar Master Jacket

This discussion has been closed.