test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Running mission The other side in Pathfinder

So I got the pathfinder because I wanted a tier six ship. I had been rolling the missions in the campaign since level one, got a level 60 boost for free right before I got to this mission. Unfortunately this mission is just not possible in the pathfinder it seems.

I don't know if its scaled wrong because I jumped to level 60 on a level 35 minimum mission or what, but even with the aero shuttle out, 2 tactical bridge officers and dual beams I cant scratch the docked battleships. At best I get them to 60% before they get shields up. After that its like beating on a small moon, nothing happens.

I would be fine with it just taking a long time to kill them, they are battleships, but one torpedo volley rips off all my forward shields, then two hits from the other weapons cause me to explode . I tried three times and all three times I was annihilated.

I admit its been a long time since I did this mission in my tactical ship, years, but I was much lower level then, and certainly didn't have a tier six ship, or even a fleet ship. I also did the mission as a romulan, and as an engineer captain, in the past. I am left wondering if the pathfinder is just that weak or if the mission is scaled somehow. I checked and its set to normal difficulty.

Maybe the developers went and boosted the difficulty in the last year and I didn't hear about it or something.Thoughts?

Comments

• xiesha911xiesha911 Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    Sci ships are worst STO ship type. Some space magic useful for PVP, but for PVE it's almost useless...
    Look how ppl using SCIENCE Annorax... 5 embassy plasma console + BFAW everything and maybe throw some GW in process, just for fun.
  • psycoticvulcanpsycoticvulcan Member Posts: 4,160 Arc User
    What's your build? If you haven't upgraded to at least Mk X items you're gonna have a bad time.
    NJ9oXSO.png
    "Critics who say that the optimistic utopia Star Trek depicted is now outmoded forget the cultural context that gave birth to it: Star Trek was not a manifestation of optimism when optimism was easy. Star Trek declared a hope for a future that nobody stuck in the present could believe in. For all our struggles today, we haven’t outgrown the need for stories like Star Trek. We need tales of optimism, of heroes, of courage and goodness now as much as we’ve ever needed them."
    -Thomas Marrone
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    When people have fundamental issues like this, I also suspect fundamental problems, not build details, so my advice is to look into the following first:
    1) Do you have decent, level appropriate gear? Mark XII+ is to be epxected at this level
    2) Do you have your weapon power set to maximum?

Afterwards, check if your tactical consoles match your choice of weapon energy type, that you don't mix energy types, that you use buffs like Beam Fire At Will or Torpedo Spread, and that you use useful offensive science powers like Gravity Well, Tractor Beam Repulsors, Destabalizing Resonance Beam or nowadays even Tachyon Beam.
    The Pathfinder has Intel seats, and Override Subssystem Safety is a great boost to use in your alpha strike.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    xiesha911 wrote: »
    Sci ships are worst STO ship type. Some space magic useful for PVP, but for PVE it's almost useless...
    Look how ppl using SCIENCE Annorax... 5 embassy plasma console + BFAW everything and maybe throw some GW in process, just for fun.

I'd like to disagree. Not that some people may have builds that don't use the SCI abilities and thus are somewhat inferior to other builds but that SCI ships are almost useless in PVE. A GW/TBR build with high enough PartGen, ignoring weapon power and using Torps, especially those with synergies with PartGen, can easily wipe the floor with PVE mobs.

My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries