What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Stealth Nerf?

2»

Comments

• Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    That said, you're the one who ignored the qualifier and suggested if he weren't trying to start something he'd have checked himself, which he already explained why he didn't at the start of the topic, and then he went on and checked anyway... and all of that before you complained about it.
    Actually, that was a ninja post... But the OP was still a loaded question.

It was a lot like typing up a 2 page rage post and that ending it with "IMO". The majority is NOT phrased that way, and it's simply tacked on somewhere.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    jbmonroejbmonroe Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    You guys could be playing the game. But noooo--you're here arguing about what you're arguing about.

The good news for me is that I don't know what the OP is talking about, so the presence or lack of it affects me not at all. Sometimes it's just easier not to know things.
    boldly-watched.png
  • Options
    tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    This is really getting out of hand, fellas.
    /channel_join grind
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    This is the kind of bs you can expect around here in response to posts. Discourse usually degenerates quickly. Pay them no mind. Like the giant advertising statues that came to life in the Simpson's Treehouse of Horror VI episode, if you turn your back on them they will fall over and die out.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    aoax10aoax10 Member Posts: 271 Arc User
    The forums are poison. Beware.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    Okay cursedwolf, let me dumb this down for you a shade...

"Do you still beat your wife?"

Complex question fallacy. Why? If someone answers "Yes" then they're a wife beater. If someone says "No" then they're a wife beater who has stopped beating their wife. Either way someone responds to the question... they're a wife beater.

It's an assertion that someone is a wife beater, not a legitimate question. No matter how someone answers the response is negative due to the framing of the question. You can't provide a legitimate response to the question without attacking the validity of the question.

"Is this true?" (the exact question in the topic post)

Not a complex question fallacy. Why? If someone answers "Yes" then the previous account is true. If someone answers "No" then the previous account is false. The question isn't phrased in such a way that you can't provide a legitimate answer to the question.

No need to be so pedantic towards others.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    HK-51 - "Statement: The amount of stupid in this thread is dangeously high master. Shall I liquidate all the undesirables for you?"
    Me - "Yes, please do with all haste."
  • Options
    thetaninethetanine Member Posts: 1,367 Arc User
    No wonder the devs never read the forums.​​
    STAR TREK
    lD8xc9e.png
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Wouldn't it have beem much simpler for someone in the know to confirm or deny the original post? Instead, certain people have posted here, trying to psycho-analyze the intent of my original words.

Interpret however you want. I asked questions and ended up answering them myself. Nothing further needs to be addressed here.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    joc#8855 joc Member Posts: 39 New User
    There is no such thing as flamebait, only delusions. There are many people out there who will preach by STO and they are so wrong. learn to make the difference betweeen truth and lies.
  • Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Mmmust hit closed button......thread sssssooooo toxic, can't.... (collapses on the floor)

Cccomputer activate emergency Trendy hologram !
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    Mmmust hit closed button......thread sssssooooo toxic, can't.... (collapses on the floor)

Cccomputer activate emergency Trendy hologram !

Trendy is out in the wilderness being a heathen until the 9th.

I know, and I envy her to all Hell ! :D
    That's why I called upon the emergency Trendy hologram - get it? Oooooohhhhhhhh forget it, wasn't that good of a joke anyway - :smirk:
    tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

• Options
    deaftravis05deaftravis05 Member Posts: 4,885 Arc User
    i chuckled. Does that help, vengeful?