test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Turret Question?

zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
Why is it that I can equip only one on a ship?

Is it supposed to be this way? I once equipped a Fed Cruiser with four Phaser Turrets, so I know that this one turret per ship thing is not the norm. Is it really that special, or was this an error in the release of this turret?

This inquiring mind wants to know. Thanks?
f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.

Comments

• Options
    ethoirethoir Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    It is because these specific tetryon weapons are unique. As part of a set, you can claim them as many times as you want but you can only have one of each equipped at a time. So no having two antichroniton infused tetryon turrets, or three or four. It is that special.

And you won't be able to mix the turret with the Omni-directional antichronitoninfused tetryon beam array either. Tey both count as an "antichroniton infused tetryon weapon" for the set bonuses.
  • Options
    Thanks for that bit of info. Guess my idea of creating a new Turret ship will need to be made with a different kind of Turret. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Thanks for that bit of info. Guess my idea of creating a new Turret ship will need to be made with a different kind of Turret. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can still use it in the build if you don't mind one of your turrets shooting orange-ish energy bolts. The bonuses for the antichroniton tetryon weapons do include a two-piece bonus that increases the damage of tetryon weapons. Just remember that you can only have the one turret for your ship, the others have to be different flavors of Tetryon weapons such as Phased Tetryon or normal Tetryon. And for this purpose, Tetryon tactical consoles do seem to have a damage-increasing effect on the Tholian active reputation power (the Tetryon chain lightning thing).

• Options
    My problem is I got excited when I saw that there was a $FREE$ Mk XII Very Rare turret on the horizon. I thought I would give me the chance to try a turret build without having to make them or find them at random over many months. When the Ico War began, it was easy to create a AP beam ship. That was just a question of repeating Mission: Blood of Ancients a number of time and taking the Antiproton Beam Array 8 of those times.

I managed a Blue and two Green - Tactical Consoles - Antiproton Mag Regulator to make the beams function better. It's not a bad ship for most PVE or in Queues, but I wanted to try something different and I was hoping to do it without a lot of effort beyond a few Ep. replays. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My idea is just postponed, is all.
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    Making Tetryon Turrets is easy. Just craft them at Mk II and throw some cannon upgrade kits at them. Or buy them off the Exchange and then throw the upgrade at them. I have a Fleet Defiant that focuses quite heavily on Tetryon weapons for the purpose of melting through shields like butter. Not that useful in PvP (the proc is useless after shields go down) or on targets with an innate damage resistance (for those, AP is better for spike DPS).

If you want, I could make beam arrays/banks and turrets for you depending on if you want a pure turret boat or something with leaned into beam powers.
    Post edited by ethoir on