test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This Tier 6 Ship is yours to keep!‏ (Elite Rewards!)

Comments

• Options
    antikythera0antikythera0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Just curious since I was one of the ones left out of this selected few/many promotion, but did anyone ever answer officially/unofficially that previous question:

'What harm would it had been to include current players just like the former players?'
  • Options
    bravosixromeobravosixromeo Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Did anybody ever answer the question, "What ship?"
  • Options
    b0redgamerb0redgamer Member Posts: 201 Arc User
    I got the email, entered the code it was accepted. Nothing in-game via mail or the "promotions" tab. When I check my redeemed codes it says I redeemed a code for Neverwinter Strongholds. While I do play Neverwinter (more on the Xbox than PC) that code should have nothing to with Neverwinter. I submitted a ticked. Will see what happens.
    Signature under construction, stay tuned.
    GT: b0red gamer
  • Options
    fitycreditfitycredit Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same problem, I tried to redeem the code for my Star Trek Onlin account and instead got something for Neverwinter. The e-mail was for Star Trek Online however.
  • Options
    buffsdabuffsda Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Well, I must say that having been one of an apparently "lucky few" to get an email stating "Click here to claim" the tier 6 Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser I'm a tad underwhelmed. I clicked, I entered the code, and was promptly told that the code was invalid! And that was on the day I got the email!! Go figure. I'm not one of these "I've been playing since alpha test why didn't I get a code" people, just a tad pissed off that I would receive the email, interest is reignited and nothing works as a result... I got the carrot at the end of the stick only to find out it's mouldy.... And I was wondering does this ship even exist? I saw a reply earlier saying to go to the C-Store Promo tab....as far as I can see there is no such thing...can't find promotions...anyone got a link they can share to show me?
    Thanks
  • Options
    majinonifox2majinonifox2 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I am at a loss myself over this code. The code worked, it registered. But I now do not see the reward for this. I, as well, checked the C-Store Promo tab, and it was decidedly blank. So... there's that. If ANYONE has any info, I really wish to hear answers. Please and thank you to all who reply.
  • Options
    conundrumnsaconundrumnsa Member Posts: 705 Arc User
    Lifetime subscriber here who has spent a small fortune in the cash shop...been away for many months (ok maybe logged in for 5 minutes once or twice). No code for me. Kinda glad, just one more reason this game can [multiple banworthy things not included]
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    ive been playing since the romulans were released. ive put god knows how much money into the game. and im active. so why am i (the group that are the same as me) not being rewarded. i even have lifetime which i got during one of their offers. soo... crypic. a lil gratitude thank you.

You didn't get any of the three free t6 ships from the past year? Or the choice of three other free t6 vet ships LTS get?

Or the dozen or so free 500z respec tokens you get on every single toon as LTS?

Or any of the free spec points offered every week for months now from FEs?

Stop acting like this.

What was that cool thing you said in another thread about this email issue? Oh yeah, it was:

If something doesn't involve you, it is none of your business.

And yet, here you are posting in a thread that doesn't involve you, replying to a post that doesn't involve you, telling someone else how they should act. Oh wait: since this thread is on a forum you read, it "involves" you, right? Well guess what? That means this free ship issue "involves" everyone here, because it is being discussed on this forum that we all read.

And since I know you are going to say it, let me beat you to the punch:

"stop acting like this"

:D

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    jslynjslyn Member Posts: 1,788 Arc User
    I am at a loss myself over this code. The code worked, it registered. But I now do not see the reward for this. I, as well, checked the C-Store Promo tab, and it was decidedly blank. So... there's that. If ANYONE has any info, I really wish to hear answers. Please and thank you to all who reply.

It is the wrong code. Some of the ones they gave out are for a game called "Neverwinter" even though the add is for "Star Trek Online". That is likely the source of your issue. Check your Redeemed Codes in Arc to verify that.
  • Options
    annemarie30annemarie30 Member Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    Mark and I have not played much I'm lifetime he isn't. the other difference is he bought T6 ships and i didn't. I wonder if it was targeted at people who never bought a DR ship?? though I did get the samsar and the ferengi summer ship
    We Want Vic Fontaine
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Just curious since I was one of the ones left out of this selected few/many promotion, but did anyone ever answer officially/unofficially that previous question:

'What harm would it had been to include current players just like the former players?'
    Chances that someone not playing STO anymore is buying an Andromeda: 0 %
    Chances that someone playing STO might still buy the Andromeda: > 0 %

Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    vincefran1234vincefran1234 Member Posts: 1 New User
    I too have the issue where i received the email and the code I redeemed is for neverwinter strongholds even though the email says its for star trek online.

I raised a ticket with support and explained the issue, but the support agent says the code is only good for neverwinter.
    here is his response"We understand that you did not receive the correct email regarding T6 Ship and the XP Boost. We are unable to disclose the specifications of the promotion at this time. We would like to refer you to the forums if you wish to discuss this issue."

So is there any way to get the right code for star trek online tier 6 ship and xp boost that the email clearly said I had earned??

brosio
  • Options
    They have not even bothered responding to my ticket lol
  • Options
    ebsen66ebsen66 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i got a code sent to me that said it was for STO but nothing happend so i made a ticket
    now the support says its for Neverwinter
    but they wont send a new code that is for STO
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    Well, it worked for me, and I like my new ship. Not sure why I was targeted, but I'm thankful I was because I was thinking of coming back and flying around the galaxy a little bit as I've been having a hard time finding something fun to play.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    ebsen66 wrote: »
    i got a code sent to me that said it was for STO but nothing happend so i made a ticket
    now the support says its for Neverwinter
    but they wont send a new code that is for STO
    I hope that is just their reaction while they scramble to figure out what went wrong and how to fix it.
    Making promises in a marketing e-mail and then not being able to deliver would be really bad!

I wonder what our community manager thinks about this mistake... @pwlaughingtrendy
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Mark and I have not played much I'm lifetime he isn't. the other difference is he bought T6 ships and i didn't. I wonder if it was targeted at people who never bought a DR ship?? though I did get the samsar and the ferengi summer ship

No, I bought the Guardian way back when and still got the Andromeda promo.

While the ship was what got my attention in drawing me back (Galaxy is my favorite ship), it's actually the level boost which is the reason I'm still playing. I started off without using it on my main thinking that I would drop it on an alt one day, but when I saw how terribly grindy the XP curve is post 50 I went ahead and used it. The Delta Rising and Iconian War missions are pretty good content, but locking them behind a stupidly arduous grind would have been enough to turn me back off from the game if I hadn't received the boost. I don't even understand why it's like that given that Cryptic is fairly casual about making the featured episodes available to everyone at level 10+ when they first come out. The episodic story content is really what I'd consider the selling point of STO, and it's comparative advantage in the MMO space. Locking 8 missions (and growing) behind a level cap which is hard to reach just seems like a terrible decision from my vantage. Hopefully they'll revise the amount of non-story content that must be grinded by a player to get from 50-60 either by rescaling the Iconian War to be part of the leveling experience or just boosting the XP given by the Delta Rising missions.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    edited August 2015
    Chances that someone playing STO might still buy the Andromeda: > 0 %

heh, yeah me too think it's not a good ship. Any command battlecruiser is better.

Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    kaiho101kaiho101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Here is the answer I received.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1202633/tier-6-vet-reward-was-bogus

Well looks like they deleted it pretty quickly.
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    ive been playing since the romulans were released. ive put god knows how much money into the game. and im active. so why am i (the group that are the same as me) not being rewarded. i even have lifetime which i got during one of their offers. soo... crypic. a lil gratitude thank you.

You didn't get any of the three free t6 ships from the past year? Or the choice of three other free t6 vet ships LTS get?

Or the dozen or so free 500z respec tokens you get on every single toon as LTS?

Or any of the free spec points offered every week for months now from FEs?

Stop acting like this.

What was that cool thing you said in another thread about this email issue? Oh yeah, it was:

If something doesn't involve you, it is none of your business.

And yet, here you are posting in a thread that doesn't involve you, replying to a post that doesn't involve you, telling someone else how they should act. Oh wait: since this thread is on a forum you read, it "involves" you, right? Well guess what? That means this free ship issue "involves" everyone here, because it is being discussed on this forum that we all read.

And since I know you are going to say it, let me beat you to the punch:

"stop acting like this"

:D

ROTFLMAO... Ahem..., sorry.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Well, it worked for me, and I like my new ship. Not sure why I was targeted, but I'm thankful I was because I was thinking of coming back and flying around the galaxy a little bit as I've been having a hard time finding something fun to play.

Is it worth buying?
    I like the look of it, but the $30 price tag is kinda-sorta keeping me from buying any of the recent ships.
    I'd like to hear from somebody who actually tried one.
    B)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • Options
    I submitted a ticket and contacted the Community Team through other channels because no one responded to my ticket in a day or two. I was told to just hang tight. I did so and got a message via the ticket system asking for a screen shot of the contents of the email with the code visible. I sent it as requested and they returned with an apology and working code. Anyone having an issue should submit a ticket (or resubmit if one was recently closed) they will assist you in correcting this error.
  • Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »

Is it worth buying?
    I like the look of it, but the $30 price tag is kinda-sorta keeping me from buying any of the recent ships.
    I'd like to hear from somebody who actually tried one.
    B)

By the stat's, it's not the best Federation ship you can buy for $30 right now (The Guardian performs similarly but is just a little bit better in most ways, and there are plenty of other cruisers that are more oriented to doing damage). However, the differences between T6 ships, and even between T6 and T5-U, aren't that significant unless you're part of the super high DPS groups anyway. This is the only T6 ship that can use the Galaxy skin, which is what makes it worthwhile to me.
  • Options
    kaiho101kaiho101 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    b0redgamer wrote: »
    I submitted a ticket and contacted the Community Team through other channels because no one responded to my ticket in a day or two. I was told to just hang tight. I did so and got a message via the ticket system asking for a screen shot of the contents of the email with the code visible. I sent it as requested and they returned with an apology and working code. Anyone having an issue should submit a ticket (or resubmit if one was recently closed) they will assist you in correcting this error.

I guess they don't believe in giving it to everyone who got the email. Talk about terrible customer service. Oh well I'm done with this company and their games.

• Options
    mcconnamcconna Member Posts: 255 Arc User
    b0redgamer wrote: »

I sent in a ticket with a screenshot. I got a reply a day later asking for the screenshot again even though one was already attached. 10/10 support.

lol In all seriousness I re-uploaded the screenshot and am waiting for another reply now.
  • Options
    captainchaos66captainchaos66 Member Posts: 409 Arc User
    apulse wrote: »
    Well, I wanna thank Cryptic for giving something back to me after all the money I spent on this game.
    But hell, couldn't they told me a bit earlier, bought Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser 3 days ago (!!)

Interesting,, I thought this was for people that haven't logged in for more than 30 days or something. I've spent more than $500 just this year on this game ( DEFINETLY not bragging) I preordered game, bought 1 year sub, then lifetime sub. Since I already own the Andromeda im not THAT upset about it, however, like others have stated it seems interesting, and alittle aggravating the way they did this. Do I think I DESERVE something from Cryptic/PW for my year of play? Not really. I got the Vet Rewards, and other bonuses. Do I think this promotion was a bit ill-conceived? Possibly. Am I going to run around the forums screaming the trolling about it? No. Not today anyway,, I have to many DOFF missions to reset.
    Congrats to those that received this award, I hope it truly does keep you playing, and spending $. We that players that spend real $ are the ones who will keep this game going. For better or worse, I will continue to spend real $ on this game,, likely until they shut the servers off and that investment goes POOF into cyber oblivion.
    Fleet Admiral In charge of Bacon
    Fighting 5th Attack Squadron
    The Devils Henchman
  • Options
    john0091john0091 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i redeemed it on web and successful but there is no option to select a character.
    can anyone help me
  • Options
    tomoyosakagami1tomoyosakagami1 Member Posts: 146 Arc User
    I hadn't been on for almost a year and I never got anything like that. I still don't have a T6 ship.