test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Ship Emotes in the GPL Store

Hey, I think you guys forgot to add ship emotes to the GPL store!

@borticuscryptic
free jkname.

#MOGA Make Orions Green Again

zsoRuFM.jpg

Comments

• Options
    borticuscrypticborticuscryptic Member Posts: 2,478 Cryptic Developer
    No we didn't. We said later. =p
    Jeremy Randall
    Cryptic - Lead Systems Designer
    "Play smart!"
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    You guys forgot to make the Typhoon Class playable.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    My money is after the DS9 Revamp
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    artan42 wrote: »
    You guys forgot to make the Typhoon Class playable.​​

Well... I hate to break it to you but...
    Genevacbc.jpg
    There's your playable Typhoon, as the NPC ones are like 99% replaced with Command Cruisers.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    No we didn't. We said later. =p

And we've fought over half of a major war. How much later is later, anyway?

And no, don't use flanking, secondary deflectors, etc. as indicators of your idea of "later"...​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    You guys forgot to make the Typhoon Class playable.

Well... I hate to break it to you but...
    Genevacbc.jpg
    There's your playable Typhoon, as the NPC ones are like 99% replaced with Command Cruisers.

You keep saying that, but it's not. It's like asking for a playable Ambassador and getting pointed to a Galaxy.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,183 Community Moderator
    We have a playabel Ambassador though. The fact is the Typhoon's being replaced with the Command Cruisers, and for the most part share design elements and can be made to look like a high quality Typhoon. It may not be considered a Battleship, but it is what it is.

When was the last time you saw an NPC Typhoon? I don't see them anymore in Photo Fleet or when you can call a ship in when below 50%. They MIGHT have one still in one of the old missions, but for the most part Command Cruisers have replaced them.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    earwigvr6earwigvr6 Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    What the hell is a ship Emote ?

Pls dont tell me it will make the ship dance or salute or wave or something stupid.... A ship should be.....Well.... A ship ? It should do nothing ! Just like a car...... A plane..... A boat ?

Pls tell me I am wrong about Emotes ? But I cannot fathom what else it might do ?
  • Options
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

Pls dont tell me it will make the ship dance or salute or wave or something stupid.... A ship should be.....Well.... A ship ? It should do nothing ! Just like a car...... A plane..... A boat ?

Pls tell me I am wrong about Emotes ? But I cannot fathom what else it might do ?

Holographic Hand Signals that appear above your ship, like a thumbs up, thumbs down, Vulcan salute...
  • Options
    reiklingraiderreiklingraider Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Gee.. I had totally forgot about those.
  • Options
    hipachilleshipachilles Member Posts: 195 Arc User
    valoreah wrote: »
    earwigvr6 wrote: »

They're one of the more silly, totally useless things being added to the game IMO. No idea how programming these took priority over bug fixing and lag issues.​​

I get what you mean, but I would rather the game monetize cosmetics like outfits, ship skins, character animations, and ship emotes rather than Uber-ship grand prize jackpot slot machine raffle tickets.

I mean, honestly why not sell a holographic projector for 6000Zen that lets your ship "look" like a T1Connie? People would eat that up even if it was only rendered on your local machine.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    That was ages ago!

Time is irrelevant. Your wish is irrelevant. Resistance is futile.
    Comply! :trollface::trollface::trollface:
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    We have a playabel Ambassador though. The fact is the Typhoon's being replaced with the Command Cruisers, and for the most part share design elements and can be made to look like a high quality Typhoon. It may not be considered a Battleship, but it is what it is.

But imaging if we didn't and you were told a ship, that looks nothing like the one you want, is your replacement.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    royalsovereignroyalsovereign Member Posts: 1,344 Arc User
    It makes a live-long-and-prosper hand, or a thumbs up or other stuff appear over your ship in space, like a hologram.
    Can we have a toggle in the settings somewhere so that we don't have to see these stupid things? Kinda like the dance party blocker? Because if I actually see one of these 'ship emotes' my head might just explode.
    "You Iconians just hung a vacancy sign on your asses and my foot's looking for a room!"
    --Red Annorax
  • Options
    sw1tchstarsw1tchstar Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I really need some new outfits.
    Ship emotes are dumb.
  • Options
    orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    I'd be happier if the emotes were useful, such as say, emotes for 'help' or directions - something that has a real use (as it'd remove the language barrier that can occur somewhat)​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,506 Community Moderator
    Ship emotes were a casualty of the Temporal Incursion and removed from the timestream.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    orionburst wrote: »
    I'd be happier if the emotes were useful, such as say, emotes for 'help' or directions - something that has a real use (as it'd remove the language barrier that can occur somewhat)​​
    "Hilfe!"

:p Guten tag. :D
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options

But imaging if we didn't and you were told a ship, that looks nothing like the one you want, is your replacement.​​

First, the Ambassador is not as well known as the Galaxy, so that's a bit of a bad example. There are only 2 games I know of with a playable Ambassador, Legacy and Online. So someone wanting an Ambassador would have to be very well versed in the lore to even recognize her.

Second, you can kitbash the Command Cruisers to make a pretty decent representation of the Typhoon. And the model is of a much higher quality than the old NPC Typhoon.

Third... I think the debate over the Typhoon should end here because we're cluttering up a thread about ship emotes.