test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DPS 30/30-Challenge

holofrogholofrog Member Posts: 111 Arc User
Hello everyone,

I'm here to tell you, that I'm going to offer you, in cooperation with the STO DPS League, a nice challenge with a contest. The prizes have a current value of about 2.5 billion Energy Credits!

Conditions of participation:

1 Please enter your ingame @ handle in this thread. If your character is called John@Doe, write @ Doe in this thread.
2 You need to parse an Infected Space Advanced (ISA) with the CombatLogReader (CLR) and upload the parse to the DPS-
League Table.
3 You have to reach 30.000 DPS for the first time or , if you are already over 30.000 DPS, you have to increase your
current record by 30%. Only the highest record of your account counts!

Examples:
A player without an entry in the League Table needs to do 30.000 DPS or more.
A player with an entry in the League Table below 30.000 DPS needs to do 30.000 DPS or more.
A player with an entry of 42.000 DPS needs to do 30% more, he needs to add 12.600 DPS to his record, 54.600 DPS
is his goal.
A player with an entry 100.000 DPS need to do 30% more, he needs to add 30.000 DPS to his record, 130.000 DPS is
his goal.

Deadline is the server maintenance on 24th September 2015.

The winners will be determined with the help of a random generator. All participants have the chance to win!

Prizes:

1) [Special Requisition Pack - Krenim Annorax Science Dreadnought [T6]]
2) [Special Requisition Choice Pack - Elachi Sheshar Dreadnought Cruiser]
3) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Inspirational Leader]
4) [Special Requisition Pack - Hazari Destroyer [T6]]
5) [Special Requisition Pack - Vaadwaur Astika Heavy Battlecruiser [T6]]
6) [Special Requisition Pack - Tholian Recluse Carrier]
7) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Fluidic Coccoon]
8) [Console Pack - Ionized Gas Sensor / Plasmonic Leech]
9) [Zemok Jenro] (FED)
10) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Intense Focus]
11) [Graga Mal] (FED)
12) [Starship Trait: Attack Pattern Delta Prime]
13) 10x [Master Key]
14) 10x [Research & Development Pack]
15) (very rare) Energy Weapons Officer - [Space] Chance for stacking Crit Chance buff on firing Energy Weapons (FED)
16) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Helmsman]
17) 100x [Superior Beam Weapons Tech Upgrade]
18) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Anchored]
19) [Genetic Resequencer - Space Trait: Positive Feedback Loop]
20) [Genetic Resequencer - Ground Trait: Vicious]

The winners will get their prizes per in-game mail soon after the Deadline ends.

Not allowed to participate are members of the DPS-League Adminteam.
No cash disbursement is possible, recourse to the courts is not permitted.

Special thanks to Markus1566, Hellspawny, Omegashoker, Eragon1392 and Felisean for their support.

Good Luck and have fun!
Post edited by holofrog on

Comments

• Options
    edited September 2015
    A full list of all Participants and their goals can be found here:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1P5jwl0C5zwvSnKGXBdNJIuSryJc6cySkI5gyIdN-2Nc/edit#gid=2089515256

The DPS 30/30-Challenge is over now. Here is a list of all winners:
    https://www.sto-league.com/dps-3030-challenge-winners/

Post edited by holofrog on
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    spalter!!!!

but sure I wont miss the chance to grab goodies @VladTepech will upload soon
    Post edited by scrooge69 on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    plvoyplvoy Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    for the funzies... @plvoy
    =/\= Redacted =/\=
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    So let me get this straight, and maybe ask a question or two...

If I, @ArdrianDareau, who's "current best ever parse" is around 15k, were to get into ISA and somehow post 30k, I'd qualify for this event?

And if so, are there any conditions to this? I mean, I got my 15k "qualification" run with a "highly respected set of Advanced Tholian Mesh Weavers". I get the feeling that having 5 sets of said... pets... would push me well into the 30k, maybe even 50k, range...

I'm just wondering if you guys have considered this "system", and the inevitable "numbers vs metals Mk II" that it would generate if/when someone "misses out" on the time eraser or leech because someone else (me, perhaps?) had done so...​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    edited August 2015
    dareau wrote: »

If I, @ArdrianDareau, who's "current best ever parse" is around 15k, were to get into ISA and somehow post 30k, I'd qualify for this event?

And if so, are there any conditions to this? I mean, I got my 15k "qualification" run with a "highly respected set of Advanced Tholian Mesh Weavers". I get the feeling that having 5 sets of said... pets... would push me well into the 30k, maybe even 50k, range...

I'm just wondering if you guys have considered this "system", and the inevitable "numbers vs metals Mk II" that it would generate if/when someone "misses out" on the time eraser or leech because someone else (me, perhaps?) had done so...​​

I don't care, how you reach the numbers. I just want you to get there. :smile:
  • Options
    dareaudareau Member Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    holofrog wrote: »

I'm just wondering if you guys have considered this "system", and the inevitable "numbers vs metals Mk II" that it would generate if/when someone "misses out" on the time eraser or leech because someone else (me, perhaps?) had done so...

Does me plugging my handle into that first post count as my entry? :D​​
    Detecting big-time "anti-old-school" bias here. NX? Lobi. TOS/TMP Connie? Super-promotion-box. (aka the two hardest ways to get ships) Excelsior & all 3 TNG "big hero" ships? C-Store. Please Equalize...

To rob a line: [quote: Mariemaia Kushrenada] Forum Posting is much like an endless waltz. The three beats of war, peace and revolution continue on forever. However, opinions will change upon the reading of my post.[/quote]
  • Options
    Does me plugging my handle into that first post count as my entry? :D​​

Sure. Good Luck.

• Options
    redrakgrinredrakgrin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Well I 'll try @redrakgrin for fun and glory :smile: ))
  • Options
    orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Simple question..say I hypothetically got a bunch of friends to hit an isa with me, running nanny builds (beta x2, ect), would that count?​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • Options

• Options
    saleh01onesaleh01one Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I'll enter, @saleh01one, goal is 30k DPS.
    Markus Elijah Lee - USS Skylake, Fleet Arbiter Battlecruiser T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ussskylake_8710

K'Nor - IKS Ch'Tang, Mat'Ha Raptor T6: http://skillplanner.stoacademy.com/?build=ikschtang_8710
  • Options
    jaymclaughlinjaymclaughlin Member Posts: 630 Arc User
    orionburst wrote: »
    Simple question..say I hypothetically got a bunch of friends to hit an isa with me, running nanny builds (beta x2, ect), would that count?​​

If it's in the game, use it! :)
    animated.gif
  • Options
    bogsolntsabogsolntsa Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @bogsolntsa uh that's gonna be tough
  • Options
    lewellienlewellien Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @lewellien ill take part :smile:
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    No thanks. If DPS was actually a measure of skill then I'd be interested but...

Still good luck to everyone who enters.
  • Options
    supergirl1611supergirl1611 Member Posts: 809 Arc User
    So this promo is to try to promote the failing DPS Metals channels after the majority of the player base you tried to steal from the DPS Numbers channels failed to come on board with your little Coup d'état and stayed where they are.

I left the Metals channels as the way you guys went around things was cheap and underhanded. Next time you plan something like this it might be better to say
    "Hi guys there's been a break down in communicate and direction within the mod's and admin's of said channels. We have decided to create a new channel, here are our rules and goals. everyone in the existing channels is welcome to come aboard and join us".

You may have found far more people willing to co-op between the channels and support you that way.

Any way back to the original channels and long may they continue to thrive.

• Options
    miwifbsdmiwifbsd Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    So this promo is to try to promote the failing DPS Metals channels after the majority of the player base you tried to steal from the DPS Numbers channels failed to come on board with your little Coup d'état and stayed where they are.

I left the Metals channels as the way you guys went around things was cheap and underhanded. Next time you plan something like this it might be better to say
    "Hi guys there's been a break down in communicate and direction within the mod's and admin's of said channels. We have decided to create a new channel, here are our rules and goals. everyone in the existing channels is welcome to come aboard and join us".

You may have found far more people willing to co-op between the channels and support you that way.

Please let this, its past, and everyone move on, if u have no interest to join then let it.. but dont destroy that thread.

Can a mod please trash this, thank you in advance.
  • Options
    depc101depc101 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    Any one who is trying to do some thing for the community is a good I tip my hat to you holofrog
    vqpJOX.gif
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

QFT

/10char
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    jackal1701apwjackal1701apw Member Posts: 669 Arc User
    @jackal1701a Current record: 41,642.6 Competition target: 54,135.4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

...#LLAP...
  • Options
    rahmkota19rahmkota19 Member Posts: 1,929 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    Considering I've been working on my 6th char to actually cranck out the DPS numbers who recently reached 30k (maybe 1k above that), why not. The goal for that char was 50k anyway, so 39k should make a nice milepost. @rahmkota19 will be the handle.

And yes, there is only one DPS char on my account. Its fun for the change. But that should make this a really interesting challenge for me indeed.

EDIT: Target was 42797,82. And I just pulled a 44k. So yes!​​
    Post edited by rahmkota19 on
  • Options
    metzetenmetzeten Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Hey what they heck I'll have a go. @metzeten I'll be shooting for 30k.... good luck all!
  • Options
    orionburstorionburst Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    No thanks. If DPS was actually a measure of skill then I'd be interested but...

Still good luck to everyone who enters.

Same...I was partially intrested, but that answer just killed it for me.​​
    344qvwl.jpg

I'm an Arc user? Yeah, right..I'd rather eat a chainsaw, blade first
  • Options
    flocki3flocki3 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    okey, I have to work harder.
    @flocki3
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    Congratulations for this great idea. I am almost not even playing ISA anymore since the lag seems to never go away but this is how it is done to make it ... fun again, so to speak.
    An event which is more challenging and entertaining than Cryptic's repeat-14-times-every-day-for-14-days events and , heck, probably more rewarding than lock boxes.
    Moreover, to have a chance to win, you're going to team up with friends and fleetmates because,despite the direction this game is taking ... hey, last I checked, this is still an MMO where you are supposed to socialize with people and where TEAMWORK is key.
    I'll consult with my fleet and provide later on the handles for this contest.
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Congratulations on this idea holofrog. :)

I currently have all in game I need and therefore don’t care much about prizes.

For what its worth thought I made a new record run with my fleet yesterday. One mate got 50k+ and my best buddy 30k+ for the first time.

I uploaded the log however it’s not yet seen on the databank. We shall see and it usually takes a day or two. I still have to first clear with them to hand out @names.

As a proud member of your gold league myself I salute you for your homepage, ur infos, helpfulness and especially the team spirit that flows through your channels. They make me feel right at home.

Thanks for everything you guys offer. You helped me to approach the whole DPS topic as some coordinated team fun instead of an exhausting solo chase.

Well done and much luck for the peeps participating here.

- Connor
    Post edited by peterconnorfirst on
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    karmaplasticitykarmaplasticity Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Fire Star@karmaplasticity , current leaderboard position 239 with 74,107.2 dps . 30% goal = 22232.16 for a new total goal of 96,339.36 dps

just don't think I can make it - but I will try very hard. I feel like I have to be in a high DPS team to make this happen and not ISA pugs with 2 and 5k dps teammates.

Wish me luck.
    @karmaplasticity
    Post edited by karmaplasticity on
    @Karmaplasticity

For the Glory of UFP Starfleet
  • Options
    silvers7silvers7 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    @silvers7
    I´m in.
  • Options
    lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User

QFT

/10chars
  • Options
    alcaatrazalcaatraz Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2017
    Sound like lots of fun.

I'm aiming for above 30k dps

@alcaatraz is my handle.
    Post edited by alcaatraz on
    --- @alcaatraz || I make tanks and do maths stuffs ---
    "I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul."