test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This Tier 6 Ship is yours to keep!‏ (Elite Rewards!)

Well, I wanna thank Cryptic for giving something back to me after all the money I spent on this game.
But hell, couldn't they told me a bit earlier, bought Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser 3 days ago (!!)

Thanks for the xp boost though, my FED ENG was only lvl 51 so that solved alot of grinding :)

Cheers Cryptic!
21ajpqt.png

Comments

• Options
    boldwarboldwar Member Posts: 1 New User
    I got the email with a code in it, and I redeemed the code, and I log into my level 56 starfleet officer(my highest char) and there is no sign of the tier 6 or a xp boost. Any ideas?
  • Options
    littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    boldwar wrote: »
    I got the email with a code in it, and I redeemed the code, and I log into my level 56 starfleet officer(my highest char) and there is no sign of the tier 6 or a xp boost. Any ideas?

Same here. Logged in with my 57th level character and no ship. When I go to the store, it says I can buy it. Gee, thanks.

Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • Options
    stuntpilotstuntpilot Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    boldwar wrote: »
    Check the C-Store's Promotions tab.
  • Options
    damienoz72damienoz72 Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    I didn't even get the email with the code and I am a veteran. Mate of mine did.
  • Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Does anyone know if the ship is for just one character or account wide? I'm assuming just one character, but would like to hear for sure before I claim it.
  • Options
    cem3212cem3212 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    "This Tier 6 Ship is yours to keep!" ... is the subject line for the email PWE/Cryptic sent to some people based on whatever criteria they decided. It's a really nice enticement for possible returning players! A fairly short-sighted marketing gimmick stroking one part of your audience while spitting in the face of another knowing they'll both learn of the actions.

"Elite Rewards for Veterans like You!"

"As a thank you for your support, we are giving you a powerful gift that will help you on your journey! Use the code below to claim your FREE Andromeda Class Exploration Cruiser and 10 Specialization Points to help you jump start your character's progression!" ... it also has a code that you then redeem when you log-into the Arc site. If all goes well you then log-into your STO game & select C-Store & look under Promotion tab for the 10 Specialization Points & the free Tier 6 Andromeda.

"Login today and enjoy an incredibly smooth Star Trek experience, Captains!"

... three of my friends that I got to begin playing STO got this email & one of them hasn't spent any money on the game besides the initial month subscribing while leveling-up nevermind they don't play STO that much anymore. Meanwhile I didn't qualify for the enticement though I've spent hundreds of dollars over the years, have the Lifetime subscription, & continue to play a little still but definitely not as much as I used to. PWE/Cryptic should've at least offered contributing current players a carrot as well. And this type of approach by PWE/Cryptic is why I stopped buying Zen with real money last summer.

I believe the Andromeda ship is for only 1 character, Fed of course, & you must be level 50 to claim. It's a great deal for a player that hasn't logged-in in awhile & has never spent any money on STO for sure.

• Options
    mathcubemathcube Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Well, I preordered the game back before launch, have paid for zen in the past, and now have a lifetime sub. So it's definitely going to some people who have put a lot of time and money into the game too.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    cem3212 wrote: »
    "This Tier 6 Ship is yours to keep!" ... is the subject line for the email PWE/Cryptic sent to some people based on whatever criteria they decided. It's a really nice enticement for possible returning players! A fairly short-sighted marketing gimmick stroking one part of your audience while spitting in the face of another knowing they'll both learn of the actions

Short-Sighted? The intention is getting people that haven't played in a while to log back in. Nothing short-sighted about that.
    PWE/Cryptic should've at least offered contributing current players a carrot as well. And this type of approach by PWE/Cryptic is why I stopped buying Zen with real money last summer.
    And such a gesture would sure have gotten you back into spending Zen? If you play the game but stopped spending money on it, you at least broke part of your addiciton, and it seems unlikely that any action on Cryptic's part can really get you back to spending money. But getting someone back into playing the game - well, that could change a lot.

Let's not forget they also gave existing players something with the last round of giveaways. This included 2 spec points per character - I don't know about you, but I got more than 5 characters on my account. And I already got the Andromeda.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    Still kind of bogus for me. My free account for the gift but my beta/ launch lts account hasn't received it. While o think it is good that they are enticing people to play they really should give something to those that stick around. I don't even care about the ship but 5-10 spec points per char would be really nice for me.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• Options
    tsiretsire Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    For some reason I keep getting an invalid message when I input my code...anyone else having this trouble?
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    got mine as well including 10 spec points ^^
  • Options

mustrumridcully0

To your: "Short-Sighted? The intention is getting people that haven't played in a while to log back in. Nothing short-sighted about that." ... very true if you are only considering that particular target audience hence why I stated, & you must've glanced-over, " It's a really nice enticement for possible returning players!" Besides everyone is going to learn of this offering, those that did receive & those that didn't, so you are either ignorant of that or ignoring that truth.

Not to go all Defari, but there should be an attempt at balance. I think that would've been achieved by offering those that didn't qualify for whatever criteria PWE/Cryptic decided the Specialization Point bundle or something too. The cause & effect with this example shows me that if I stop altogether playing for a month or two maybe I can get a free T6 ship & some Specialization Points.

Would this alone bring back my mood to purchase Zen whenever there was sale even though I didn't need it like I used to? I never said it would, but it is a possibility that same possibility that you seem to think, along with PWE/Cryptic, that offering this deal to players no longer playing will cause them to play & buy again.

The 2 Specialization Points giveaway was part of a separate giveaway altogether so bundling that with this giveaway doesn't reinforcement any argument pro or con. It's simply presenting false evidence with a false argument because everyone was included with that opportunity right?

Enticing new or used to be players is a good thing no doubt. Ignoring the current players is just a lack of appreciation & effort. That free T6 with 10 Specialization Points definitely would've warmed my current perspective about PWE/Cryptic & helped some of my 16 toons. Yes I used to play a lot, but now I don't, & now maybe I'll take a month or two break LOL.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0

To your: "Short-Sighted? The intention is getting people that haven't played in a while to log back in. Nothing short-sighted about that." ... very true if you are only considering that particular target audience hence why I stated, & you must've glanced-over, " It's a really nice enticement for possible returning players!" Besides everyone is going to learn of this offering, those that did receive & those that didn't, so you are either ignorant of that or ignoring that truth.

Not to go all Defari, but there should be an attempt at balance.
    How do you calculate your "balance"?

For example - every few months there is a Zen sale. And a Lobi sale.
    And since Delta Rising, the first week or so when a new ship is released, it is available with a discount.
    SInce Delta Rising, there have been 3 Tier 6 ships available in game, and anyone that wasn't there then will not get the ship anymore.
    Occasionally, there are give-aways like this week-end.
    Then there are repeatable events like the Crystalline Entity event, where active players can get lots of Dilithium.
    There was the Delta Recruitment event - anyone not an active player then can't make a Delta Recruit and is missing out on plenty of rewards.
    Then there are other special promos, like the R&D or DOFF promos - some just grant some extra rewards, some come with Lobi and the tiny chance of winning a rare ship.

That's all stuff that an inactive player is missing out.

But if he's lucky - he might get an email with 10 spec points and a free Tier 6 ship. If you've been playing since DR, you likely have made much more then 10 spec points (and if you were around for the giveaway and have more than 5 characters, you got at least 10 spec points), and 3 free Tier 6 ships. And your Tier 6 ships will likely not be available again. If you really want the Andromeda, you can just buy it.

Does nothing of that counts, and the only thing that counts is a reward code in an e-mail that? All the advantages people have in the game from playing the game and being around for all the special events, promos and sales is meaningless?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    the thing that bothered me is the wording, I know it probably sounds dumb but "Elite Rewards for Veterans like You!" if the returning players are going to claim the shinies play for a couple of weeks and the quit then no.... Veterans like You we defiantly don't want.
    add to this the line "As a thank you for your support" well no.... they have shown no support to the game unless they have been playing every day.

if it had said "Elite Rewards for lapsed players like You!" and "in the hope of your renewed and continued support" then yes I would have been fine with that.

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    azniadeetazniadeet Member Posts: 1,871 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I'm a little peeved that I didn't get one. I've been here since the beginning, am a lifetime subscriber, am still an active player, and have spent hundreds of dollars on the game. By what criteria am I not a valued veteran?

And hell, keep the cruiser, I just want the spec points.
  • Options
    bobbydazlersbobbydazlers Member Posts: 4,534 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    azniadeet wrote: »
    I'm a little peeved that I didn't get one. I've been here since the beginning, am a lifetime subscriber, am still an active player, and have spent hundreds of dollars on the game. By what criteria am I not a valued veteran?

And hell, keep the cruiser, I just want the spec points.

see the ship and spec points I don't care about, I have plenty of ships I enjoy flying and some I have still not used and spec points will come in time as I play.
    i can fully understand how they might offer gifts such as this to get players back in the game, hopefully to stay.
    as I said in my last post its just the wording of the offer that makes me upset.
    Post edited by bobbydazlers on

When I think about everything we've been through together,

maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey,

and if that journey takes a little longer,

so we can do something we all believe in,

I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.

• Options
    reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    mustrumridcully0

Not to go all Defari, but there should be an attempt at balance.
    How do you calculate your "balance"?

For example - every few months there is a Zen sale. And a Lobi sale.
    And since Delta Rising, the first week or so when a new ship is released, it is available with a discount.
    SInce Delta Rising, there have been 3 Tier 6 ships available in game, and anyone that wasn't there then will not get the ship anymore.
    Occasionally, there are give-aways like this week-end.
    Then there are repeatable events like the Crystalline Entity event, where active players can get lots of Dilithium.
    There was the Delta Recruitment event - anyone not an active player then can't make a Delta Recruit and is missing out on plenty of rewards.
    Then there are other special promos, like the R&D or DOFF promos - some just grant some extra rewards, some come with Lobi and the tiny chance of winning a rare ship.

That's all stuff that an inactive player is missing out.

But if he's lucky - he might get an email with 10 spec points and a free Tier 6 ship. If you've been playing since DR, you likely have made much more then 10 spec points (and if you were around for the giveaway and have more than 5 characters, you got at least 10 spec points), and 3 free Tier 6 ships. And your Tier 6 ships will likely not be available again. If you really want the Andromeda, you can just buy it.

Does nothing of that counts, and the only thing that counts is a reward code in an e-mail that? All the advantages people have in the game from playing the game and being around for all the special events, promos and sales is meaningless?

No, the privilege of grinding down events, many of them boring minigames, is not equal to getting 30 bucks send over and being told how awesome you are for not being around.

Know what the proper approach would have been? Give the active players a present too that does not revolve around jumping through a hoop. Because thats what events are. Hoops.

Once in a while a little recognition for all the hoops we jumped would be a nice gesture.

• Options
    nickcastletonnickcastleton Member Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    does seem odd that only a few would get it and not others.
    im not overly concerned as i have many tier 6 ships.
    but those who did get it i ask do any of you have other t6 ships you paid for, maybe its a incentive to those who are playing but haven't upgraded yet.
    0bzJyzP.gif

"It appears we have lost our sex appeal, captain."- Tuvok
  • Options
    No, the privilege of grinding down events, many of them boring minigames, is not equal to getting 30 bucks send over and being told how awesome you are for not being around.

Know what the proper approach would have been? Give the active players a present too that does not revolve around jumping through a hoop. Because thats what events are. Hoops.

Once in a while a little recognition for all the hoops we jumped would be a nice gesture.
    A fundamental advice for everyone playing STO - you don't need any of the stuff in this game if you don't play the game. And even if you like playing this game, you don't need most of the stuff either.

So if you don't like doing something in the game - don't do it.

• Options
    darkpaladinonedarkpaladinone Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So let me get this straight. I have been playing on and off for a couple months (played heavily for years before that) and haven't gotten to level 60 (dragging my feet or whatever). Someone else who started the same time a I have however but hasn't played in 6+ months and is still on level 50 just gets an email and hops on and now can skip all the way to level 60 and gets a free ship. Sounds more like rewarding players for not bothering to log on.
  • Options

mustrumridcully0:

"For example - every few months there is a Zen sale. And a Lobi sale.
    Since Delta Rising, there have been 3 Tier 6 ships available in game, and anyone that wasn't there then will not get the ship anymore.
    Occasionally, there are giveaways like this week-end.

That's all stuff that an inactive player is missing out."

The Delta Recruitment event was fantastic. I enjoyed it immensely & it was one of the more innovative ideas implemented in STO in a good while.

All your reasons you cited are/were available to current & former players alike. The difference is that current contributing players didn't get an email with approximately $30.+ worth of value opportunity for no effort. All your examples could be had by any player, this specific enticement is not.

You mention the Crystalline Entity event which is a decent reward for the effort & can be fun. mustrumridcully0, do you think it would be fair if the players that never did the event got the same rewards as the players that accomplished the event the 14 times?

Following the logic you've stated you probably do. However, I do not. As you stated though, none of the special items in STO are "needed", but they do help.
  • Options
    arthour07arthour07 Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    It's a shame everytime I try and play STO, I get hit with the "Display Driver crashed" error the instant the Iconian War loading screen comes up. Otherwise, I'd be really pleased with this little carrot-on-a-stick. As it is....Meh, used the code, got the gift, can't play. Sucks to be me.
    I like shooting tings in mah flyfly space boat <3
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    All your reasons you cited are/were available to current & former players alike. The difference is that current contributing players didn't get an email with approximately $30.+ worth of value opportunity for no effort. All your examples could be had by any player, this specific enticement is not.

You mention the Crystalline Entity event which is a decent reward for the effort & can be fun. mustrumridcully0, do you think it would be fair if the players that never did the event got the same rewards as the players that accomplished the event the 14 times?

Following the logic you've stated you probably do. However, I do not. As you stated though, none of the special items in STO are "needed", but they do help.
    Did you get the free Ferengi ship from the summer event? Or the free Kobali ship from the anniversary event? Or the free Breen carrier from the winter event? If so, that's $90 worth of free ships that other players will never get.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    darkpaladinonedarkpaladinone Member Posts: 3 Arc User

Did you get the free Ferengi ship from the summer event? Or the free Kobali ship from the anniversary event? Or the free Breen carrier from the winter event? If so, that's $90 worth of free ships that other players will never get.

Funny, because they could have gotten them too if they had bothered to log on like the rest of us. Instead, they didn't have to do anything to make level 60. I don't care about the ship, im bothered by the fact that I have to grind to level, and they get to head over to the C-store (not to buy, but just as a reward for showing up) just because the decided not to log in. Maybe I missed other instanced, but this is the first instance I've seen of someone getting to completely skip levels for nothing, while loyal/active players still have to grind their way through them.
  • Options
    william128william128 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    arthour07 wrote: »
    It's a shame everytime I try and play STO, I get hit with the "Display Driver crashed" error the instant the Iconian War loading screen comes up. Otherwise, I'd be really pleased with this little carrot-on-a-stick. As it is....Meh, used the code, got the gift, can't play. Sucks to be me.
    Logged in just to help with this, Run the game in safe mode, this option can be found in the options menu of the launcher.
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Please note that I am not arguing a "side" of this issue. However, in regards to your comment, there is a huge difference between something free that you simply log in to get handed to you(like the various free items this week, and the 'return rewards' in question), compared to the event ships which required weeks of play to get. For that matter, I spend a lot of time earning dilithium to convert to zen to buy various items from the game store, but Cryptic didn't "give me those items for free"; I put in the time to get them. The same is true of the event ships.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    solarwraithsolarwraith Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    It's so Cryptic to reward one half of its player base while saying fu to the other half. :D
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    It's so Cryptic to reward one half of its player base while saying fu to the other half. :D

I don't think we're talking about 2 equal groups here, which is what a half is.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    aelrhianaaelrhiana Member Posts: 285 Arc User
    I get "Invalid Code" when I try and redeem it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]