What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Give away speculation

13»

Comments

• Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,328 Arc User
    A c-store tribble would be nice. Any word on todays giveaway ?

The IDIC tribble. Need to add that one to all my boffs.
    Today's gift is the 2 specialization point pack and the next (last one?) will probably be announced at 19.00 Gmt+1 (i think that's 10 am PST) after the short maintenance/patch.

This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    guljarol wrote: »
    lindaleff wrote: »
    Basically, take a look through the C-Store, and pick out all the stuff you never see anyone using. So with that in mind, one thing you can add to the giveaway schedule is that ridiculous TOS Romulan uniform with blankets on their shoulders....

Yes, please. I'm considering buying it, actually, so a freebie would very much welcome.

But people DO use it. I see people use it. :tongue:

Oh, nice boots. Pink has to go, though. My Rom would use it....though I hate messing with the tailor. :)
    I had to look up IDIC Tribble on Wiki...and that would be nice, too. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    johnnymo1johnnymo1 Member Posts: 697 Arc User
    I think it would be cool if it was a free fleet ship token. With all the new ships coming out and the new armada system it would be a cool tie in.
  • Options
    lucho80lucho80 Member Posts: 6,600 Bug Hunter
    They should give away the 1K Zen Nebula. That way I can build a nice snooper build.
  • Options
    themightythor00themightythor00 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    Like everyone else has stated it is ALWAYS stuff that currently sells poorly. Did they already give away the racing uniform at some point (yeah I know they wont do 2 uniforms per giveaway, just asking)..

Actually, I'm pretty sure that when they did this back in January there was two costume packs (on separate days)...
    if they do I hope its the TOS or TNG Romulan uniform I want a good Romulan uniform that dose not look like they were copying the Wraith of Khan Era Starfleet Uniform. the TNG S1 uniform would also be welcome as I doubt they would give away the other TNG Starfleet uniform. If it is a ship I really hope is the D'kyr that would be perfect for my Vulcan character since his crew is all Vulcan and quick question about that ship since it comes with the optional V.S.S. prefix can you use that prefix on any ship or just the D'kyr?
    11221406_435668056620006_2995671467376040587_n.jpg?oh=45d5b059f596d863c4aea794dfe5f17b&oe=5661818E
  • Options
    lucho80 wrote: »
    They should give away the 1K Zen Nebula. That way I can build a nice snooper build.

Wasn't that part of a give away last year or the year before?
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    taylor1701dtaylor1701d Member Posts: 3,099 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    lucho80 wrote: »

Wasn't that part of a give away last year or the year before?

They gave away the retrofit neb like a year and a half ago.
    I had bought the first neb available to the player way back, think that was a tier 2 or 3 for 500 or 1000 zen (cant remember now).
    Retrofit was what ? tier 3 or 4 ?

Anyway that was a fairly generous freebie.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    Was it not the giveaway prior to or shortly after the Legacy of Romulus expansion?
    I remember i put together a killer snooper build back then. Still using the same setup though some consoles have been updated. In kerrat i usually spot cloaked ships 50 Km out.
  • Options
    questerius wrote: »
    Was it not the giveaway prior to or shortly after the Legacy of Romulus expansion?
    I remember i put together a killer snooper build back then. Still using the same setup though some consoles have been updated. In kerrat i usually spot cloaked ships 50 Km out.

Yep it was given away around that time.
    One nice thing about the Non Retrofit Neb, it comes with a snooper console that can be equipped on any ship.
    The retrofit snooper console is neb only, in case you wanted that ability on other ships. :P
    Fun console to have in Ker'rat.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    In case you haven't seen yet, the final give away is 2 free ship slots.

Pretty nice, but I honestly wish I could get it for all my characters instead of just one. Well, free is free.. so I'm not going to complain. :)
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options

Pretty nice, but I honestly wish I could get it for all my characters instead of just one. Well, free is free.. so I'm not going to complain. :)

Not yet i'm still at work.
    But that's a good one. Ship doffing heading our way, I'm sure we'll need them.
    [img][/img]OD5urLn.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2015

Was distracted and claimed it thinking it was once on each character. My main was the one character which didn't need more slots.

Not yet i'm still at work.
    But that's a good one. Ship doffing heading our way, I'm sure we'll need them.

As i understand it, the ship doffing goes by the ships you own and not necessarily the ones you have currently in your inventory.
  • Options
    sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    Well, I have to say, my speculation about the nature of the giveaways was way off. The Section 31 uniform might've been a bit of a dud, but free spec points and ship slots? Those are almost universally useful.
  • Options
    bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User

Giveaway is only three days this time? I thought it was five, not sure why, but I thought it was.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    I hate to say it...but I honestly wasn't expecting a free Dread...even a watered down one. Can't say I'm surprised.
  • Options
    lianthelia wrote: »
    I hate to say it...but I honestly wasn't expecting a free Dread...even a watered down one. Can't say I'm surprised.

Hold on, didn't you grab the free faction dreadnought pack?
    Free scimitar, free Galaxy-X, free bortisque, free Dominion dread, and some others..