Install Arc
Options

City of Heroes/Villains Players: check in here

124»

Comments

• Options
    Archived PostArchived Post Member Posts: 2,264,498 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Hmm... I might need to log back on there sometime... To check out my character's backstories... I didn't write them down anywhere when I made them, and now I can't remember them.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Played CoH in 2006 on Justice as a part of The Night Brigade SG. Everyone moved on and went separate ways in 2007, came back in July 2008 to an emptying Justice server... couldn't find anyone playing at all. I'm the owner of the Kestrel Spectrum roster of players (Kestrel Blue - Fire/Ice Blast, Kestrel Yellow - MA/SR Scrapper, Kestrel Red - Fire/Elec Blaster, Kestrel Green Rad/EM Controller). I had only two Level 50's in my three years of playing.

I'm paid up until Feb 28th, but I think I'll let it go until Going Rogue comes out. 2XP with Dual Pistols isn't very enticing to me for some reason.

So, here I am. If I can, I'll get the Lifetime Sub so I can play both, but I can only afford one or the other at a time if I can't get it.

Added the CoX channel, but I don't chat much in-game, but I'll try. I don't see the inherent need to belong to a fleet; even if I was, Paragon Fleet wouldn't gain anything like prestige, unless I'm missing something.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Was @Infernius (before and after forum upgrade). Played on Victory, Fire/Fire tank of the same name as the global.

*edit* upgrade = merge, i'm tired! it's getting late.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I still play CoH on Virtue server. I think STO made a mistake going the single server route. There is no sense of community like with individual servers in CoH. I blame Polaron.;)
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Hear, hear. Just like with Guild Wars, the only common places are Starbases, and even those are on instance "Channels". No sense of community at all I've found.

Grateful for the CoX channel. Calm stream in a river of madness.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Victory here! Long live the Vanguard League!
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Manoa wrote: »
    Aloha all! Manoa from Justice server reporting in! :)

Hey There Manoa Long time,

This is Nazkai/ Zen Shadow / Philly Blunt from Justice Reporting in.

Zen.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Elysian Shade from Liberty server reporting for duty! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    Cherry Bomb, lvl 50 blaster on Justice.
  • Options
    edited February 2010
    I played both sides red and Blue on Virtue and other Servers....

Currently have a fleet that was started with some friends feel free to look up up sometime

Raiders of the Open Stars (kinda sounds like the starts of a Maquis cell)

Chance favors the prepared mind. (Jacqueline Kerensky NX-274536-C New Orleans)
  • Options
    edited March 2010
    Polaron wrote: »
    Polaron of Virtue here. Haven't played in years, but I still remember the Virtue community fondly.

And don't tell anyone, but I still sometimes listen to the Cape >_>

You'll be happy to know you're still remembered...every time we need someone to blame. ;)
  • Options
    psychicslugpsychicslug Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    I was an alt aholic on pinnacle and had in all slots filled and some on two others
  • Options
    giovanniblasinigiovanniblasini Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Well, with the thread necromancy, I might as well chime in. Played mainly as VolksMech on Protector back in the day.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Does Freedom Force count? I played that a lot. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    hfmuddhfmudd Member Posts: 881 Arc User
    If anyone here doesn't already know about Paragon Chat - a little program that lets your CoX client connect to an XMPP chat server, not unlike this game's, so that you can log into the city maps and run around and see and talk to people there (but not fight anyone or use any powers, that's not emulated) - check it out.
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,365 Arc User
    Or you could always go play Champions Online, from our friends here at Cryptic - it's still online, it's F2P, you can run all over the place fighting and using powers. There's a fairly lively community of ex-CoX players over there too; IIRC, the Chat channel they use is called "CoX Refugees", but if I'm wrong you can always just ask around.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Also you don't even have to make a new account! :D Accounts are for all Cryptic games, all you need to do is install and make a character. If you skip designing the char, char creation is really quick.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg