test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Revive PVP - go MOBA

morathar2morathar2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
edited August 2015 in PvP Gameplay
Last time when i was playing Undine Assault i thought why dont Cryptic add a MOBA like PVP mode? The arena pvp fights are quite ugly but with a MOBA like mode it could be nice and we allready have many consoles and ships in the game which would benefit this. (and in generall are not used cause well who wants the gimmicks if they can have dmg)
Post edited by askray on

Comments

• questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,309 Arc User
    What is MOBA?​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • morathar2morathar2 Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    League of Legends, Dota2 and so on so it would be a lane based arena with different objectives and so on
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »
    What is MOBA?​​

Multiplayer Online Battle Arena

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiplayer_online_battle_arena
    server_hamster6.png
  • shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    I just came here to laugh my TRIBBLE off! :D:D

....MOBA.... :D:lol:
    giphy.gif

:D:D
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    PVP posts shoult be automatically deleted. I wonder if someday people will realize why pvp will never come back. And of course, stupid and non sense threads like the op's one should be automatically closed.
  • sysil84sysil84 Member Posts: 207 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    PVP posts shoult be automatically deleted. I wonder if someday people will realize why pvp will never come back. And of course, stupid and non sense threads like the op's one should be automatically closed.

Don't worry, the thread will be forgotten quickly enough when it will be moved to the PvP forums.
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    We kind of have one like that, in Ker'rat? But it's (naturally) bugged and has lots of issues that have remained uncorrected since... Launch.

An Open Battle Arena would be great! Heck, something like the Undine Battle Zone is the perfect setup for a territory control of sorts. Especially if they provide tangible benefits, like buffs/Rep/Marks/Dil/Spec Points.

Foundry... Diplomacy... Exploration... Rom/KDF Sci... Dominion... should be automatically deleted. I wonder if someday people will realize why [insert thing here] will never come. Stupid and non sense comments like yours should be deleted.
  • reynoldsxdreynoldsxd Member Posts: 977 Arc User
    morathar2 wrote: »
    Last time when i was playing Undine Assault i thought why dont Cryptic add a MOBA like PVP mode? The arena pvp fights are quite ugly but with a MOBA like mode it could be nice and we allready have many consoles and ships in the game which would benefit this. (and in generall are not used cause well who wants the gimmicks if they can have dmg)

Revive pvp?

Impossible. one look at the buff and debuff bar that goes from one end of the screen to the other and you see whats wrong.

It has become an impenetrable debacle where people get killed right through their shields and the rewards stink too much to warrant the time spent.

• rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    I would love a light MOBA in this game. It's not going to happen though because then they would have to fix pvp issues which then would mean fixing some big game issues. They're barely staffed as it is.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    praxi5 wrote: »

Foundry... Diplomacy... Exploration... Rom/KDF Sci... Dominion... should be automatically deleted. I wonder if someday people will realize why [insert thing here] will never come. Stupid and non sense comments like yours should be deleted.

Yup.. you are one of those who dont have a clue why pvp will never come back. Anyways, keep fooling yourself , good luck!
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    praxi5 wrote: »

Yup.. you are one of those who dont have a clue why pvp will never come back. Anyways, keep fooling yourself , good luck!

PvP must have some pull since people are blaming PvP'er for the Plasma Explosion nerf...
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    PvP will never come back because Cryptic can't make money off it. (Or rather, they can't figure out how.) If you want to play as big spaceships in a PvP environment, sign up for Dreadnought's closed beta.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!
  • risingwolfshadowrisingwolfshadow Member Posts: 619 Arc User
    No, PvP is unlikely to come back because the lead Dev, Mr Gecko, took the community of hardcore fans of this game who regularly invested time and a lot of money getting the new ships/items/resources that he was dishing out, called them 14 year old minmaxers who live in their mothers basements, made the game hostile to PvPers and now even PvErs are feeling the nonesense in that man's logic (shot himself in the foot with that one) and drove 80% of the community out of the game so that cryptic definitely wouldn't get any money from PvPers.
    It's a little known fact that a PvP build will often cost more time and resources than PvE build's purely because PvP is more difficult and changes way more often than the rubbish Gecko calls "exciting" PvE.
  • johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    Its idea's like this that COULD revive PvP. Problem is, imo, is the devs have set us against eachother... PvP Community vs PvE Community. Lets just call it Forum PvP. Anytime an idea comes up by one community, it is flooded with negativity by the other side.

Personally, I believe MOBA would be a great way to go... as its not always about killing, but holding strategic locations... I would definitely return to the PvP... heck even do ground PvP. Something that is persistent... or timed to span an hour or two before reset. If we look at say the Dyson Battle Front as a starting point (heck if I am not mistaken, when that was developed it was hinted that they may look at how it operates and apply it to PvP). Everyone comes in at two "beam in locations", and takes sites from NPC defenders... they start earning rewards based on the number of sites they hold (be it marks, dilithium, credits, xp boosts...whatever). More spots you hold... the more you earn... of course your true opponent is wanting to do the same thing... so will come around to try and take your site from you, and you have squads trying to take theirs (scouting sites... reporting back... developing strategy)... The Secret World did a pretty good version of the above IMO.

Seriously who wouldn't like that type of thing?

That being said... one big thing that needs to occur to make PvP attractive to the masses... it needs to vanilla.. All Weapon/Ability stats dropped to the Common values (no rare, ultra-rare, epic bonuses, and no modifiers (dmg, prtg, acc, etc). Lockbox consoles values set to 0 in any PvP area... It needs to be about skill, not grind.

Just my opinion.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • alonaralonar Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    Hey, this comunity has about the same amount of screaming, hate, and bitterness as League of Legends and other mobas, so I guess it would fit perfectly.
  • thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    PvP uses other people as game AI rather than actually having to code one.

I paid for a complete game not for half a game.

Also I game to get away from people after a long day of dealing with them.

This "Raid Mentality" is why SWTOR gets less of my $$.
  • baudlbaudl Member Posts: 4,060 Arc User
    MOBA is definately a nice idea, but would need extensive reshaping of combat mechanics. As it is now, PVP just doesn't work without excluding specific items and maybe even ships from PVP.
    Personally I'd like to see a PVP/PVE mix. LIke Kerrat, just better. MOBA have that too, but I can only see those things work, if premade ships are used exclusively and players unlock certain support NPC's or buffs via achieving victories during the match.
    NEVERWINTER is getting this MOBA PVP now, so who knows, maybe they take a loo at it spmeday and try to implement it into STO aswell...wouldn't hold my breath though, since there isn't much money to make from PVP anymore in STO. That ship has sailed in my opinion.

Another thing I'd like to see as a PVP option would be historic scenarios...wolf 359, battle for DS9, battle for chintoka system,...
    Players use premade ships of both sides and need to achieve certain goals like destroying the power supply for the planetary defense grid, slow down a borg cube while the other team's goal is to stop them achieving their goals.
    Go pro or go home
  • wast33wast33 Member Posts: 1,855 Arc User
    edited September 2015
    giving feedback and hoping for progression in terms of sto pvp is just like watching this gif.... for years lulz :# !
    200_s.gif
  • laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    edalgo wrote: »
    SHAKA!

HIS EYES OPEN!!!!

Take away Star Trek IP and replace every ship and every name with something else but keep the game exactly the same...

What a piece of $£₩#!

Never spend a single penny on STO!

I spent $100 bucks on this game yesterday rofl. I don't know why.

That's more than I managed to save up for a triple A title coming out on Steam in early 2016.
    Can't disagree with @edalgo.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.
  • laferrari1laferrari1 Member Posts: 434 Arc User
    deokkent wrote: »
    edalgo wrote: »
    Blinded by your love of Star Trek?

When is Star Trek not enough to overcome a terrible and hostile gaming environment?

How much total have you spent on STO?

Hundreds? Thousands?

Think about that number. Now is that rational for a video game where the Devs are completely opposed to making you happy and providing a fun environment?

To be honest with you, I gave up on PvP, I just play star trek online casually.
    I never spent that much money before though. Total? I've coughed up about 200 bucks
    from april 2015, that's about it.

Whoa. That'd have been sufficient to literally fill an entire Steam library with enough titles to dump sto in the recycle bin. It's your money so it's also your call but... man.
    I need to get to him. I can't just leave him out there alone. - Sometimes you've got to makes sacrifices, Lara. You can't save everyone. - I know about sacrifices. - No, you know about loss. Sacrifice is a choice you make. Loss is a choice made for you. - I can't choose to let him die, Roth.