test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Old Style Phaser Pistol

kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
edited May 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
:confused: This is an ongoing bug for months, I have tried reporting it several times via ticket but never get a response.. So figured what I got to lose? I upgraded 1 of the old style pistol looking Mk 2 phaser pistols you get from 1 of the story missions, it is currently a Mk 13 purple. I like the look as am a fan of the Original Series.
Anyway the bug is whenever I slot it on my character who is a level 60 btw , it will not let me use it :( My character throws punches instead of firing the pistol.. It acts like it does not have a weapon slotted.. Anyone else having a similar issue??
Post edited by kwyjen on

Comments

• kwyjenkwyjen Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    to get this back on front page
  • crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,115 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    kwyjen wrote: »
    :confused: This is an ongoing bug for months, I have tried reporting it several times via ticket but never get a response.. So figured what I got to lose? I upgraded 1 of the old style pistol looking Mk 2 phaser pistols you get from 1 of the story missions, it is currently a Mk 13 purple. I like the look as am a fan of the Original Series.
    Anyway the bug is whenever I slot it on my character who is a level 60 btw , it will not let me use it :( My character throws punches instead of firing the pistol.. It acts like it does not have a weapon slotted.. Anyone else having a similar issue??

You have two 'weapon slots on your character and you can swap between weapons in battle, so if you don't have a second weapon equipped - on the ground, make sure you've actually swapped the phaser into the main 'use' slot on the ground UI (click on the circular arrow or hit 'Q' to cycle.)

^^^
    And if you already know the above and have done it, my apologies; but I also have a MxXIII type two TOS Phaser pistol and it does work on my character; so it doesn't appear to be a 100% across the board bug you have. :P
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
    edited May 2015
    Yes I had 2 weaps sloted and would switch back forth between the 2. The phaser battle rifle no problems, the TOS pistol it would switch to hand strikes :-( like I said in orginal post.. My question is your Mk13 a purp ? or still blue, as I lucked up I thought, and picked up a CritD mod when it went from blue to purp, and that is when my troubles began..
    edited May 2015
    Bump back to front page
    edited May 2015
    Yes I had 2 weaps sloted and would switch back forth between the 2. The phaser battle rifle no problems, the TOS pistol it would switch to hand strikes :-( like I said in orginal post.. My question is your Mk13 a purp ? or still blue, as I lucked up I thought, and picked up a CritD mod when it went from blue to purp, and that is when my troubles began..

bump to front page
    edited May 2015
    bump bump bump
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2015
    I upgraded one of the TOS pistols to purple and could not reproduce your issue. If you can get me your character's name@handle I'll try to take a look as time allows. Feel free to PM me the info if you wish.
    STO QA Team
  • polstarukpolstaruk Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited May 2015

i have this phaser at Mk XIV Epic and it functions fine, I have noticed that some of the older versions of this weapon dont upgrade but still are useable. Ie the blue quality auto scaling versions default to white mk XII
    Anything that happens, happens. Anything that in happening, causes something else to happen, causes something else to happen. Anything that in happening, causes itself to happen again, happens again.
    It doesn't necessarily do it in chronological order though.
  • arrmateysarrmateys Member Posts: 466 Arc User
    edited May 2015
    yeah, upgrade wasn't correctly set in some cases for it. i still have a blue quality mk iv type 2 phaser on my delta recruit which can't be slotted into the upgrade to change it into the new upgrade system.
    Now clowns, that's another story. They scare the cr​ap out of me.
    We fight them too. Entire armies spilling out of Volkswagens.
    We do our best to fight them off, but they keep sending them in.
  • fedscout1fedscout1 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    On ground missions, I really enjoy the old-style phaser pistols from TOS. But what about the pistols that are seen in the Star Trek movies such as the following. the sleek and smooth type II phaser from Star Trek the motion picture and the wrath of Khan , with type II phaser from Star Trek the search for Spock that kind of resembles the original, and my personal favorite the heavy combat phaser type II from Star Trek The Final Frontier and The Undiscovered Country. Not to mention which is also cool to the phaser type II from JJ Abrams Star Trek 2009. Man, it would be cool if these phasers were featured and usable in the game. I think it would rock really hard.