test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Expensive ??

grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
If you look at the stores prizes are increased big time except for the lobi store, like to know if you agree with me or not ?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."

Expensive ?? 49 votes

I agree Dillithium prizes and Marks are far to high on obtainable sets.
36%
calintane753rybaksixtolmariuseldarion79lordprotiusfraghul2000ghostmatteranazondafulleatherjacketdamainxthomasangelissthraxpwelizweilsegnsuperyeahditgrazyc2#7847moskatarrees151 18 votes
I disagree their is an increase but I don't mind .
12%
psyman87kerygancrusader2007durenasancientfighterbubblegirl2015 6 votes
The whole game is to expensive thats why I don't buy any zen from them !!
51%
landdonshpoksstee1maxdeokkenttinead51daniela1055angrybobhkodachikunoluitenantkolonelayradyssphalanx01thay8472rakija879azmodeasjackal1701apwsovereign47earwigvr6hunteralpha84tinnytimpsscrooge69 25 votes

Comments

• Options
    grazyc2#7847 grazyc2 Member Posts: 1,988 Arc User
    I find prizes on the stores far to high 900 marks is far too much for those who don't play on advanced !!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Coffee: the finest organic suspension ever devised. It's got me through the worst of the last three years. I beat the Borg with it."
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    I disagree their is an increase but I don't mind .
    Increase compared to what? :confused:

Or what mattjohnsonva said.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Mark prices surely are the last thing which I'd consider "expensive". While 750 for space gear is not exatly cheap it sure is obtainable in a reasonable amont of time, srsly the daily boxes alone contain 50 and you get them for the most menial tasks.

The dil price is only expensive in the way that you literally have to wait for getting refined dil. Hoarding ore has never been easier, srsly a couple runs in the dyson bz and you've got dil for days. But you still have to wait for 4 days just to refine enough to actually use it, which is bs.

The thing that's generally way too steep is the price on zen ships. Thirty bucks is waaayyy beyond "micro-transactions".
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    I don't mind getting big prizes.. big prizes are good.

High 'prices' on the other hand.. aren't so good.

But since your poll has 3 very biased and negatively worded options, I refrained from voting. I believe all Rep gear in this game is easily obtainable, even if you don't play on Advanced. You can get any rep gear you want without ever touching an advanced que.

And I don't know what increase you're talking about, prices are the same as they have always been.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    And I don't know what increase you're talking about, prices are the same as they have always been.

They've actually even been reduced in some areas. Back then before we had 4pc space sets each pice was 1000 marks (3k in total for 3 pieces) but since the last revamp we now have 750 marks for each (3k in total for 4 pieces).
  • Options
    darthraiderxxxdarthraiderxxx Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    And yet another poll where the only voting options are biased towards the op's opinion. Where is the i think store prices are reasonable option? Or did you fear too many would vote for that?
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    I'll answer this poll when you add unbiased options and learn the difference between their, there, and they're, as well as the obvious difference between price and prize :p
  • Options
    chiyoumikuchiyoumiku Member Posts: 1,028 Arc User
    I'm confused. When did Reputation Store Items become "expensive?" It's quite easy to get marks.
    Sekhmet_Banner.jpg
    Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User

They've actually even been reduced in some areas. Back then before we had 4pc space sets each pice was 1000 marks (3k in total for 3 pieces) but since the last revamp we now have 750 marks for each (3k in total for 4 pieces).
    Except for the Omega Rep sets 900/1000 each piece. They never did 'normalize' those.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    ltminns wrote: »

Except for the Omega Rep sets 900/1000 each piece. They never did 'normalize' those.

Yeah, they sure have a thing for doing stuff half assed. Same with the rep armor visuials, some unlock by simply getting the set and some still need a project for it.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    Everything in the game is expensive, specially if we see how in bad state is the game. But everybody knows that.
  • Options
    spaceeagle20spaceeagle20 Member Posts: 971 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    Everything in the game is expensive, specially if we see how in bad state is the game. But everybody knows that.
    No matter how expensive the c-store is, whales gonna whale if they are having fun.
    But, most likely, they are not having fun if they lag, so ...
    P58WJe7.jpg

• Options
    No matter how expensive the c-store is, whales gonna whale if they are having fun.

Though it seems cryptic is a pretty avid whale killer considering that now even the newest ships & their traits get released horribly bugged these days. So now whales not only have to put up with the lag but also with broken/non functioning toys.
  • Options

Haha.. are you sure about that? lol. Because as far as i ve seen, people is playing with lag but they really dont care..
  • Options

Though it seems cryptic is a pretty avid whale killer considering that now even the newest ships & their traits get released horribly bugged these days. So now whales not only have to put up with the lag but also with broken/non functioning toys.

And then again, broken stuff is happening since years ago in a regular basis. I guess we finally reached the boiling point?
  • Options
    theanothernametheanothername Member Posts: 1,504 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Abstain.

And then again, broken stuff is happening since years ago in a regular basis. I guess we finally reached the boiling point?

Sooner or later bound to happen. Would be unintelligent of C to assume ppl would not adjust their spending behavior to quality control & "uniqueness" (yeay... another ship *slow clap*) of releases.
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User
    OP, I didn't answer the poll questions... mainly because, as others have stated, all three answers are extremely biased or slanted to your point of view (a natural fallacy, but a fallacy none the less) that invalidates the answers/poll in general.

I have not seen prices increased... I'll freely admit that I don't track the prices of set gear from the reputation (if that is what you were referring to), so I could be mistaken....

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options

I have not seen prices increased... I'll freely admit that I don't track the prices of set gear from the reputation (if that is what you were referring to), so I could be mistaken....

Prices never increased (as far as i remember) but the problem is.. who want to buy a new shiny if he cant play because of the massive lag?? so im buying a product that i will not be able to use.. prices should not be so high, specially now. Because if cryptic is not planning to fix the massive lag.. how can they expect people to keep buying like nothing?
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    OP, you're off.

Reputation Store / Project Items have stayed the same or dil costs for store (non project) have gone down.

Most Lobi Store Items have stayed the same in costs over the years.

What has increased in cost are the T6 Lobi Store Ships. Those are 900 Lobi now.
    Nine...
    Hundred...
    The old T5 Lobi Ships are "only" 800 Lobi. You guys want to guess how much a T7 ship would cost in Lobi in the future? This is the only part between Reputation equipment and the Lobi Store that has increased.

When T6 came out, it would have been nice if the T5 Lobi Store ships went down in price since T6 was "The New Standard" at endgame and where Cryptic devotes its development in new ships. And hoping for the T6 Lobi Store ships to be 800 like the old T5 ones were.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    johnny111971johnny111971 Member Posts: 1,300 Arc User

Prices never increased (as far as i remember) but the problem is.. who want to buy a new shiny if he cant play because of the massive lag?? so im buying a product that i will not be able to use.. prices should not be so high, specially now. Because if cryptic is not planning to fix the massive lag.. how can they expect people to keep buying like nothing?

Lag is a separate issue not covered by the OP's topic. Yesterday was particularly bad for example... but in general has been pretty bad for me lately... lots of rubberbanding, ability delays, etc.

I agree that the lag needs to be looked at (desperately)... but back on original topic (which was specific to prices of set reputation gear) I don't think the prices are too high for the reputation items.

Star Trek Online, Now with out the Trek....
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    Haha.. are you sure about that? lol. Because as far as i ve seen, people is playing with lag but they really dont care..

Not everyone suffers from it, that's why. I get a few slight hitches now and then, but some of us don't get anywhere near the lag issues others report.

Not denying the severity of anyones issue, just offering a reason why you still see people playing. If I suffered the problems that some people on this forum suffer, I would have quit a long time ago.

As far as cost go, my only issue is with T6 and T5 ships. They have made T5 ships completely obsolete just by pricing alone. By the time you buy a T5 ship (2500 Zen) and upgrade it to T5-U (700 Zen) it's 200 Zen more expensive then just buying a T6 Ship (3000 Zen.)

When T6 was released, T5 ships should have dropped to 2k Zen max and the Upgrade Tokens should have been 500 Zen. T5-U should get the extra boff ability that T6 has. That way if you don't want the trait, you save $5 and get the same thing. Ship costs are just.. out of whack.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    lizweilizwei Member Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    The zen store is far, far loopier than I remember it that's for sure.
    Why is it for example that to get the Intrepid interior, aka the only proper Federation interior in the entire game I must spen 5500 freaking zen for a bundle I don't want?

Let alone the absurd prices for old ships. If they functioned as skins I'd sort of understand but other than a few exceptions they don't.
    This entire game is compromised by naked and unreasonable greed, designed to farm as much money from players before we leave rather than enticing us to stay.

As for dilithium. I wouldn't mind the prices so much if not for the absurd, ABSURD 8k dilithium daily cap.
    For veterans, life timers and subscribers it's an absolute joke, and the 1000 dil 48 hour doff assignment is ridiculously insufficient.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Not everyone suffers from it, that's why. I get a few slight hitches now and then, but some of us don't get anywhere near the lag issues others report.

Not denying the severity of anyones issue, just offering a reason why you still see people playing. If I suffered the problems that some people on this forum suffer, I would have quit a long time ago.
    Agreed. It's part of why I think the issues are in part player created. Then again, it could be that certain builds create lag, I'm not really sure. It sounds like the sort of thing that affects mainly people with maxed spec trees.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    shpoksshpoks Member Posts: 6,967 Arc User
    lizwei wrote: »
    Why is it for example that to get the Intrepid interior, aka the only proper Federation interior in the entire game I must spen 5500 freaking zen for a bundle I don't want?

You know what's even better? If you happen to own any of the ships in that bundle, let's say you got a T4 Bellerophon 2 years ago, you CAN'T get the Interior because you can't get the bundle. No matter what price, you just can't. lol :lol:
    HQroeLu.jpg
  • Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    OP, somehow you managed to create a poll that was worse than the poll with 2 Yes options and zero no options.

EDIT: For reference: http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1197825/should-cryptic-offer-a-time-locked-expansion-shard-ala-sto-rebirth/p1
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options

Well, everytime i go to a zone where massive lag is present, i ask everybody in the zone if they suffer lag. 90% of em say "yes". It doesnt matter if i go to the undine battlezone, to an isa instance, red alerts, everywhere. So, well obviously some players will only experience a bit of it (for watever reasons, like living in the building next to the servers lol), but my conclusion is the majority have bad lag issues.
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User

When T6 came out, it would have been nice if the T5 Lobi Store ships went down in price since T6 was "The New Standard" at endgame and where Cryptic devotes its development in new ships. And hoping for the T6 Lobi Store ships to be 800 like the old T5 ones were.

Pretty much this. If Cryptic would have applied such a strategy not only to lobi ships but to zen store ones as well the entire Tier 6/5u debacle would have been much easier to swallow.

Well, almost a year later they know if it worked out for them and I’m afraid it did. :|
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    sovereign47sovereign47 Member Posts: 399 Arc User
    Zen wise it is too expensive. Why do I have to spend thousands zen just to get a skin of Venture class Galaxy for example? That doesn't makes sense at all. I only want the damned skin, and not the whole ship. And yes, prices for those older ships should go down anyway. Besides that it takes a lots of time of grinding dilithium so you could exchange it for zen (especially now with these super-high zen rates), and not anyone has hundreds and thousands of dollars to spend on every ship/stuff they like.
    FED ENG: FA Sirius Verax (USS Leviathan) , FED TAC (Delta): FA Adria Tyllex (USS Thunderblade) , ROM TAC: ADM Kill'ina (IRW Imperix Thrai) , KLING ENG (Delta): LT. GEN Ghol'Vaq Martok (IKS Qeh'Ral II) - 44th Fleet member
    SZ1RgUL.jpg
    SUPPORTING PLAYABLE CARDASSIAN AND DOMINION FACTIONS!