test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skill Point Increase

rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
Okay, so ever since the rank increase, which I am super happy about. I have been wondering. Can we please, please get a skill point increase. I don't want to respec my skills just so I can improve one thing. We need a skill point or level or whatever it is, cap increase.
Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation

Comments

• Options
    jbmaverickjbmaverick Member Posts: 935 Arc User
    The specialization system was chosen over a skill point increase to minimize power creep (laughable as that's turned out to be as some would say). The specialization system allows players to continue leveling up over time without progressively adding more to the player's overall power because of the limitation of one primary and one secondary active specialization.

It does beg the question of what they'll do with the level cap down the road. If they intend to eventually introduce tier 7 ships and Mk 15/16 gear, they'll need a level cap increase to limit who can use them similarly to how they limited who can use tier 6 ships and Mk 13/14 gear. But if they only have the specialization system, it won't feel like anything substantial has improved by leveling up another 10 levels, and players will gripe and complain about how they should already be level 70+ because they've maxed out all the available specializations.

The universe has a wonderful sense of humor. The trick is learning how to take a joke.
  • Options
    I know but I just thought like you could get enough skill points to raise something like Impulse thrusters to max. Which I am wishing I did on my Eng because I have a Ops Ody.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
  • Options
    bunansabunansa Member Posts: 928 Arc User
    rarebear1 wrote: »
    I know but I just thought like you could get enough skill points to raise something like Impulse thrusters to max. Which I am wishing I did on my Eng because I have a Ops Ody.

just respec the skills then? I know you say that in the op but chances are when you do it you might find a few other skills youd rather push points in as well.
    tumblr_ndmkqm59J31r5ynioo2_r2_500.gif

• Options
    I know, but that was before I set my mind on the Odyssey and by that time I had already maxed out my skills. Granted I have a fleet RCS on her, so her turn rate at max normal Impulse Power not full is like 10.4 degrees per second with the Cruiser Command that increases how quick you turn it becomes 13 degrees per second.