test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Weekend Upgrade Event

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
Hey everyone! We have a new upgrade event coming this weekend. From July 30th to August 3rd, every Tech Upgrade will apply twice as many Tech Points to your next upgrade.

You can check out the event here.

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    This would have been very nice to have had on the calendar. I could have held off on a lot of upgrades I just did. As a matter of fact, at the time I post this, it's STILL not on the calendar in game.

I truly appreciate the event, but a little advance notice would have been extremely helpful.
  • dukedom01dukedom01 Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    So we get double the tech points but half the quality upgrade chance because the system doesn't compensate for that?
    Ceterum censeo Otha supplendum in praemiis.
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    dukedom01 wrote: »
    So we get double the tech points but half the quality upgrade chance because the system doesn't compensate for that?
    Yeah, that would be my concern, too.

Do not enough people make Mark II gear and ugprade it to Mark XIV for Cryptic to have noticed?

It would be kinda ironic if the upgrade event would mark the time the least upgrades are made because everyone fears not getting his quality boosts. ;)
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    vorwoda wrote: »
    I truly appreciate the event, but a little advance notice would have been extremely helpful.

I second that sentiment.
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
    The team actually anticipated this and thus math'ed to preserve the ratio, so the chance won't change. Don't worry. :)
    Boritcus is awesome like that.
    edited July 2015
    The team actually anticipated this and thus math'ed to preserve the ratio, so the chance won't change. Don't worry. :)

That is a relief. Now if you could assign Jeremy at my leisure for the bucket list of things that have been bugging me for ages? :tongue:
  • pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User

That is a relief. Now if you could assign Jeremy at my leisure for the bucket list of things that have been bugging me for ages? :tongue:
    No comment. :P
  • daveynydaveyny Member Posts: 8,227 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I rather be assigned to Trendy, to be at Her leisure for Her Bucket List.
    (though, I don't do windows)
    >:)
    STO Member since February 2009.
    I Was A Trekkie Before It Was Cool ... Sept. 8th, 1966 ... Not To Mention Before Most Folks Around Here Were Born!
    Forever a STO Veteran-Minion
    upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Here's an interesting question. When you upgrade to Mk XIV, do you call it X-I-V or do you call it 14? Or maybe even something weirder like "ziv". I find myself saying "X-I-V" more than 14 and I don't know if it's just me.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • rnclevelandrncleveland Member Posts: 1 New User
    Any word on when/if we'll be able to upgrade beyond XIV, or level up past 60?
  • lan451lan451 Member Posts: 3,386 Arc User
    Hmm, I might have to think about using this. I still don't have a ship in MK XIV gear save for a few tac consoles.
    JWZrsUV.jpg
    Mine Trap Supporter
  • rickdias5500rickdias5500 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    Oh look another pointless stupid weekend event. STO: The Weekend Generation.
  • jfreedjfreed Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    What I'd like to know is, will Upgrade Accelerators work in addition to the normal doubling
  • lordhavelocklordhavelock Member Posts: 2,248 Arc User
    freakium wrote: »
    Here's an interesting question. When you upgrade to Mk XIV, do you call it X-I-V or do you call it 14? Or maybe even something weirder like "ziv". I find myself saying "X-I-V" more than 14 and I don't know if it's just me.
    Myself? I pronounce "Mk XIV" as "mark fourteen"

You can find/contact me in game as @PatricianVetinari. Playing STO since Feb 2010.
  • dave18193dave18193 Member Posts: 416 Arc User

Thats good to know. Personally I reckon a double quality improvement chance weekend would be more useful for many end game characters though.

And though its a nice event, I dont think it resolves the biggest underlying issue with the system: random mods on rarity increase and prohibitive rarity increase cost.
    Got a cat? Have 10 minutes to help someone make the best degree dissertation of all time?

Then please fill out my dissertation survey on feline attachment, it'd be a massive help (-:

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/87XKSGH
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    Definitely hoping that boosters (both of them) stack with this bonus.​​
    U.S.S. Eastgate Photo Wall
    STO Screenshot Archive

• ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    This would have been very nice to have had on the calendar. I could have held off on a lot of upgrades I just did. As a matter of fact, at the time I post this, it's STILL not on the calendar in game.

It doesn't make any sense for it NOT to be on the calandar. I remember the last patch notes (or the one before the last one) clearly stating that the calendar was updated. We got a Shuttle Event and R&D Weekend listed, but not this.

• farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    Cool. I might consider this as well. I have a few items that could use a boost.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User

I have been working on upgrading a ship as well but I still have plenty more to get done. It will be a good weekend to sell tech if you have no use for it along with R&D materials.
  • carlosbflycarlosbfly Member Posts: 682 Arc User
    Can someone explain this to me simply - does this event mean I'll stand a better chance of making a weapon I'm upgrading crit and forcing the creation of a random/pre-set mod to said weapon?
  • markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    nah but it'll take less upgrade packs. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • freakiumfreakium Member Posts: 426 Arc User
    Less upgrade packs, same chance of rarity upgrade.
    m12Pkoj.png
  • kylelockekylelocke Member Posts: 182 Arc User
    When will the next Mirror Invasion Event happen?
    "I will make the Orion Syndicate face the light of justice or burn them with it." - Captainl Kyle Nathaniel Locke, U.S.S. Excalibur NCC-98105-C
  • bloodyrizbloodyriz Member Posts: 1,756 Arc User
    daveyny wrote: »
    I rather be assigned to Trendy, to be at Her leisure for Her Bucket List.
    (though, I don't do windows)
    >:)

If you don't do windows, what OS are you playing the game on? LOL.
    signature.png
    We come in peace, SHOOT TO KILL!
    And while we are talking upgrades, the Synchronic Proton Distortion Prototype Assault Rifle still has no additional mod when it becomes epic quality. Very rare and ultra rare quality get their added mod just fine but epic.... nothing.
  • captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    So..., with the update/maintenance, will the Calender be updated to show the Upgrade Weekend?
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    It would have been preferable if this were made permanent. The dilithium strain and miniscule progress on each upgrade has kept me out of it.
  • telemonianajaxtelemonianajax Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I just crafted a set of AP MK II weapons to go with my new Nandi over the last month. They are all now UR/E and Mk XIII/XIV.

BOY DO I WISH YOU HAD PUT THIS ON THE CALENDAR!

It's a great event, up there with Dil Weekend, BUT LET US FRACKING KNOW SO WE DON'T WASTE 50M EC AND 300K DIL RIGHT BEFORE THE EVENT!

So, please, listen to us here. Keep up the good work, but just let us know so we griders can plan.
  • jcswwjcsww Member Posts: 6,789 Arc User
    I haven't tried to see if the double upgrade bonus is currently being applied. However, things in this game usually go live at 10AM PT, not 9AM. Is the time in the blog correct or is it a typo and meant to be 10AM PT?
  • kyrrokkyrrok Member Posts: 1,352 Arc User
    I was able to get a few things upgraded before I exhausted my dil stores.It's still quite a strain, if now only slightly less of one. If they made this permanent, I might have been able to upgrade more. given this is just for the weekend, and I need to replenish, I'm done.