test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zemok even necessary anymore?

lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
Title says it.. with all of the potential CD reductions is he even necessary for APO to be on global?
HzLLhLB.gif

Comments

• salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    To answer your question, you must ask yourself a different question first.

Q: Are you going for the DPS record?
    Yes: You should get Zemok(s)
    No: You don't need him
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    At this point, with things like Reciprocity, Bio-Neural Gel Packs etc.. I doubt this DoFF even does anything anymore.

You can't ever reduce cooldown below the Global, so I don't know what good this DoFF would even do anymore.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • iconiansiconians Member Posts: 6,987 Arc User
    If you don't have the Reciprocity starship trait or any of the other numerous methods of reducing cooldowns, then yes, Zemok would still be useful.
    ExtxpTp.jpg
  • onethousandsonsonethousandsons Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    With a lot of the expanded boff seating of the new T6 ships, it's possible now to basically cycle all your *required* tactical skills at or near global without the use of Reciprocity. Most of the higher DPS people I know don't run it anymore, instead using a Zemok so that FAW and AP(O/B) line up activation-wise.
  • lowy1lowy1 Member Posts: 964 Arc User
    I have both reciprocity and the Gel Pack equipped but didn't want to equip and bind Zemok if it was more or less pointless. So thank you all for the input.
    HzLLhLB.gif

• warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User
    If you have Zemok and believe him to be obsolete, feel free to dismiss him.
    XzRTofz.gif
    lowy1 wrote: »
    I have both reciprocity and the Gel Pack equipped but didn't want to equip and bind Zemok if it was more or less pointless. So thank you all for the input.

I would sell Zemok in less then a heart beat.

The cheapest one on the exchange is currently 111.9 Million, that's insane for a 15% recharge reduction to Attack Patterns.

You can sell him, buy Repciprocy (If you don't have it) for 30M and make a nice profit. Zemok wasn't worth the money before all these traits, he's even more of a rip off now. It's amazing that he still sells for 110 Million+.
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Zemok is still more reliable than reciprocity, so he's not useless. Having good and viable alternatives is still good for the game though.

The price is completely out of control though and it's a shame that replacement doffs haven't been made available. Hopefully he'll make it into the next round of functional repeats.
    Zemok is still more reliable than reciprocity, so he's not useless. Having good and viable alternatives is still good for the game though.

The price is completely out of control though and it's a shame that replacement doffs haven't been made available. Hopefully he'll make it into the next round of functional repeats.

Yeah, true. My issue with the Zemok DoFF isn't the functionality so much as the price.

I suppose demand sets the market price, just hard to imagine someone paying 110 Million+ for it. I guess they must be though, otherwise the price would drop.
  • maskedmarvel1maskedmarvel1 Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    from which lockbox or whatever does the zemok doff originally come ?

Cardassian.. I think.
  • warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

Cardassian.. I think.

Someone's off to gamble! Either way, Cryptic's going to be happy!
    XzRTofz.gif
  • SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    There is another doff like that from the Xindi - Lockbox but dont ask me to spell his name^^
    edited July 2015
    Sano wrote: »
    There is another doff like that from the Xindi - Lockbox but dont ask me to spell his name^^

T'likchik'zi

Obviously, I had to look that up.. no one can remember that spelling. lol
  • frtoasterfrtoaster Member Posts: 3,352 Arc User
    edited July 2015

T'likchik'zi

I'm pretty sure that T'likchik'zi and her KDF counterpart, Kang, existed long before either Xindi lockbox, as did the Xindi-Aquatic doff Muaza Amman'sor. Yes, there were Xindi doffs before Xindi lockboxes. I don't know offhand where they come from.
    Waiting for a programmer ...
    qVpg1km.png
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    frtoaster wrote: »

T'likchik'zi

I'm pretty sure that T'likchik'zi and her KDF counterpart, Kang, existed long before either Xindi lockbox, as did the Xindi-Aquatic doff Muaza Amman'sor. Yes, there were Xindi doffs before Xindi lockboxes. I don't know offhand where they come from.

I think they came from some promo doff packs. That had to be just a couple of weeks after f2p.

• welcome2earfwelcome2earf Member Posts: 1,746 Arc User
    Yeah when the Doffing system were new, they were part of the handful of handmade, UR doffs at the time. They were rare from the packs. Kinda neat.
    T93uSC8.jpg
  • svindal777svindal777 Member Posts: 856 Arc User
    110 mil EC? Going to go check to see if I have this Zemok guy.
    Well excuse me for having enormous flaws that I don't work on.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    edited July 2015

/10char
    Post edited by shadowwraith77 on
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    dgdolph wrote: »
    frtoaster wrote: »

T'likchik'zi

I think they came from some promo doff packs. That had to be just a couple of weeks after f2p.

Romulan Survivor DOFF packs.
    /channel_join grind
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User

There is also, a Krenim female from I believe the current lockbox, who also has this ability!

Unless I'm mistaken. Phemenne or whatever is actually a Marion clone. Not a Zemok clone.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User

There is also, a Krenim female from I believe the current lockbox, who also has this ability!

Unless I'm mistaken. Phemenne or whatever is actually a Marion clone. Not a Zemok clone.

Whoopsie, you be correct!

My mistake!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!