test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance Time only announced on Facebook?

I find it disturbing that communication of maintenance times is only available through Facebook. (I'm not counting the launcher right now as I am not at home and cannot see that.)
It's all fine and well when we're used to regular maintenance on Thursdays and can expect it, but when there's extra maintenance announced via patch notes in the forum or website news, why do I have to then visit Facebook to get the times of the maintenance?
You have a website & forum where you post the patch notes -- shouldn't you include the maintenance times in those posts too?
- - - - I n f e r i o r i t y - C o m p l e x - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Everyone has a better name and Youtube Channel than me...  :/

Comments

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,980 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Also discounting the July 24th patch notes on front page of the STO website (and times are generally only posted on the accompanying forum link to those patch notes.)

Sure, we don't have that this time, but is it really worth complaining about one exception as a general rant? (particularly when the question of times is most relevant to those who can play the game, ie. can open the launcher.)
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    You mean like this?

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1196631/scheduled-maintenance-july-23rd-2015

Or the message on the big red bar on the launcher?

Or is there a maintenance tiday I'm not aware of?
  • qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    belidos wrote: »

And this exactly is the problem. There *is* maintenance today. And you haven't found out about it.
  • maddscottmaddscott Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    belidos wrote: »

And this exactly is the problem. There *is* maintenance today. And you haven't found out about it.

(1) I use ARC... Saw the news announcement on ARC about the maintenance today;

(2) Started the launcher, login screen had big red banner indicating 'maintenance period today'

Don't know why folks are "unaware" of a posted maintenance.. I do know some "notes/comments" from the PWE/Cryptic team show up elsewhere instead of the Forums.. But honestly, I don't recall ever logging on and NOT KNOWING there was a maintenance period scheduled.. This was true before I started using ARC..

Now, emergency maintenance, which we all are too familiar with, will always be as needed; and without prior notification..

Must be a problem similar to Events and the constant questions from the players .."When does the event end ??"..

:O) tyvm..

• philfixitphilfixit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    What im complaining about is why. give extra weekends when they take a hole evening away from you. are we going to extend the dil weekend. I bet not. so now im getting less for my payment as well. get a grip please. you now ow me 35000 in dil .as that is what I would have made in the time it has been off.put it in my Lord monty account.No your not going to do that. well I might just stop paying my monthy fee.

Lord Monty
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,816 Community Moderator
    philfixit wrote: »
    What im complaining about is why. give extra weekends when they take a hole evening away from you. are we going to extend the dil weekend. I bet not. so now im getting less for my payment as well. get a grip please. you now ow me 35000 in dil .as that is what I would have made in the time it has been off.put it in my Lord monty account.No your not going to do that. well I might just stop paying my monthy fee.

Lord Monty

The Entitlement is strong with this one.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Lord Monty

The Entitlement is strong with this one.

Well what do you expect from someone who sign themselves "Lord" :wink:
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

Lord Monty

They actually dont obe you anything at all. You are the one who is chosing to play and to buy. If you think they are not doing a "good" job lol, dont buy anything more. But you are going to keep doing it, right?. Like everybody else.. (this will never change).
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Maybe they agree that the new forum is really trashy and are refusing to post here :p