test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bonus Dilithium Weekend

pwlaughingtrendypwlaughingtrendy Member Posts: 2,966 Arc User
We will be running a special weekend event where you can earn bonus Dilithium Ore by playing content throughout the game!

Get ready to grab your Dilithium, Captains! http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9469493

~LaughingTrendy

Comments

• Options
    hyefatherhyefather Member Posts: 1,286 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Bad move Cryptic. People do alot of grinding to save up those marks and processors and other reputation system currency and here you are taking that away. Do NOT take us for idiots. Its very obvious all the rewards that offer a 100% increase are connected in some way to real world money. There is absolutly no reason to cut those rewards. Rich Dilithium claims offer double rewards...Hmm Imagine that. Just buy yourself some keys and double your dil. Pathetic.
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    darn it. The exchange was just starting to move :#
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    sthraxpwesthraxpwe Member Posts: 75 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Bad move Cryptic. People do alot of grinding to save up those marks and processors and other reputation system currency and here you are taking that away. Do NOT take us for idiots. Its very obvious all the rewards that offer a 100% increase are connected in some way to real world money. There is absolutly no reason to cut those rewards. Rich Dilithium claims offer double rewards...Hmm Imagine that. Just buy yourself some keys and double your dil. Pathetic.

You do realize that you haven't been able to get bonus dilithium on mark/processors turn-ins for at least the past 2-3 Dilithium Bonus Weekends. That ship sailed a long time ago, and they have no interest in changing course.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    sthraxpwe wrote: »
    You do realize that you haven't been able to get bonus dilithium on mark/processors turn-ins for at least the past 2-3 Dilithium Bonus Weekends. That ship sailed a long time ago, and they have no interest in changing course.

You are correct, they have mentioned it for a while now, but every time it comes up, people are always shocked and surprised. I cannot wait until next year's summer event is announced and see everyone shocked the Risan ships are not available.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User

What he said.

Meh, let me know when there is another 2XP weekend so I can make some decent progress on getting some Spec points. Or when you've lowered the amount of XP needed for a Spec point by at least half. Or both, although that would be nutso.

...which is fine since I own a condo in Crazytown.
    cidjack wrote: »
    You are correct, they have mentioned it for a while now, but every time it comes up, people are always shocked and surprised. I cannot wait until next year's summer event is announced and see everyone shocked the Risan ships are not available.

Or that Mark Reward boxes no longer benefit from Double Mark Events.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    cidjackcidjack Member Posts: 2,017 Arc User
    iamynaught wrote: »

What he said.

Meh, let me know when there is another 2XP weekend so I can make some decent progress on getting some Spec points. Or when you've lowered the amount of XP needed for a Spec point by at least half. Or both, although that would be nutso.

...which is fine since I own a condo in Crazytown.
    cidjack wrote: »

Or that Mark Reward boxes no longer benefit from Double Mark Events.

Don't get me wrong, I dislike people throwing their arms in the air and lighting torches over a video game, let it rain dil I say. the armada of fleets I am with need dil and I got zen waiting for a more favorable exchange rate to cash it in.
    Armada: Multiplying fleet projects in need of dilithium by 13."
    95bced8038c91ec6f880d510e6fd302f366a776c4c5761e5f7931d491667a45e.jpgvia Imgflip Meme Generator
  • Options
    mll623mll623 Member Posts: 135 Arc User
    Honestly guys - all this means is that you don't get the bonus on the 32000 dilithium ore from the tier 5 rep, or the 500/1000 you get for turning in marks. You still get 50% more from completing queues and assignments.

It is funny to see people complain about not receiving a bonus - you already seemed satisfied with the status quo. Be thankful that we are getting free dilithium ore.
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    If you ask me .. it's time to update the daily refinement cap there's way too many things now that costs a lot of much dil now especially in R&D tech upgrades another thing that needs a re-scale.

I am shocked that T5 reputation completion rewards don't apply a bonus now as I was saving turning in Iconian for the dil bonus.. (didn't that used to normally pay 50K dil?).. oh well, I'll take what I can get tho :)

It seems obvious to me that this would be completely useless to me, as I pretty much never exceed my refinement cap, unless there is a special Dilithium Event or I finish a reputation.

And I consider myself to be having no life.​​
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Eh, can't complain, I could use the extra dil for when my fleet has its Delta Fleet Holding up and running. Gonna be a lot of stuff I want to get there.
  • Options
    deomagnisdeomagnis Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    More dilithium? I can't refine fast enough to make even a dent in the ore I already have....
    Past successes are never a guarantee for future ones
  • Options
    captaincelestialcaptaincelestial Member Posts: 1,925 Arc User
    I've been working in a dilithium mine....,
    all the live long day!
  • Options
    forestjediforestjedi Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    deomagnis wrote: »
    More dilithium? I can't refine fast enough to make even a dent in the ore I already have....

I agree. I have 600k in ore, but I can never seem to hold on to maybe 30-40k refined(edit) at a time. I could dump it all into a fleet holding but what if I want to craft/upgrade something, or buy something from the fleet store?

The refinement cap should be increased. Between upgrading, crafting materials, fleet equipment, fleet holdings especially, 8000 a day I dont think is enough. With the new Armada feature I'm assuming that being part of one will help to offset the dil contribution amounts, but what of those who choose not to be in an Armada, but are still only a small fleet? 320k dil to upgrade embassy to tier 1 for example, spread that between a fleet of 6 or 7 who dont use alts to refine more. The project could be completed in short time, but that means everyone is dropping in 8k a day, leaving no dilithium for any other holdings or to spend anywhere else. Unless that's part of the balance in the game. Give everyone too much dilithium at once, they get everything quickly and get bored quickly. With a slower refinement rate, it gives people something to work for in a sense.

Yet I digress, either the refinement rate and or the dilithium cost for items/services needs a review. Between fleet projects, elite fleet gear, the reputation gear, upgrades, etc..., the amount you can refine a day compared to how much you need in order to obtain these goals/items isn't proportional.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    hyefather wrote: »
    Bad move Cryptic.

Bad move for you, great move for em...
  • Options

Yup, i guess we will need to keep waiting.. omg.. i honestly didnt expect another dil weekend for 3 or 4 weeks...
  • Options
    nategamersnategamers Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    And yet we will always be here playing this game as slaves. LETS START A STO RIOT!!!!! "as if that would ever happen"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    nategamers wrote: »
    And yet we will always be here playing this game as slaves. LETS START A STO RIOT!!!!! "as if that would ever happen"

Did someone say, "riot"? XD

https://youtu.be/Rp6-wG5LLqE
  • Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    Translation:
    "GRIND!"
    <whipcrack>
    "GRIND!"
    <whipcrack>
    . . .
    2 toons ready to complete a Tier 5 rep...sigh...so close yet so far.
    Bonus Marks Weekend (except for this and this and this and this...)
    Bonus Dil Weekend (except for this and this and this and this...)
    This carrot-on-a-stick routine gets a little stale.
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    glad to see this as need a lot of dil for my fleet starbase and upgrades and iconion ship set wish they removed the 8k cap though
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    raj011raj011 Member Posts: 987 Arc User
    Will you extended the time due to the shard maintenance? This will mean we will lose 30 minutes of the time of when the Bonus Dilithium Weekend starts today.
  • Options
    divvydenddivvydend Member Posts: 131 Arc User
    raj011 wrote: »
    Will you extended the time due to the shard maintenance? This will mean we will lose 30 minutes of the time of when the Bonus Dilithium Weekend starts today.

Thanks I needed a good laugh :D
  • Options
    robeasom wrote: »
    glad to see this as need a lot of dil for my fleet starbase and upgrades and iconion ship set wish they removed the 8k cap though

People use to make that mistake. Who cares if you can grind for all dilithium in the world.. you still cant refine more than 8k.. its not like you are going to be able to use more dilithium in things because of the event.. lol.

• Options
    cmdrscarletcmdrscarlet Member Posts: 5,137 Arc User
    Man, get the Dil, then take a break from getting more for a little bit. This allows you to "play the game" while refining what you can until you have what you need.
  • Options
    westmetals wrote: »
    ovrkyl wrote: »
    Translation:
    "GRIND!"
    <whipcrack>
    "GRIND!"
    <whipcrack>
    . . .
    2 toons ready to complete a Tier 5 rep...sigh...so close yet so far.
    Bonus Marks Weekend (except for this and this and this and this...)
    Bonus Dil Weekend (except for this and this and this and this...)
    This carrot-on-a-stick routine gets a little stale.

The Tier 5 rep rewards are specifically excepted from dilithium weekend. This has been the case for the last three dil weekends or so.

People sometimes dont even know why are they complaining about.. the thing is.. complain no matter the suspect.
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,769 Arc User
    For me this means it's a Nukara Prime weekend. :D

I don't know if Nukara Prime is the place to be, but last BD weekend, at any time there were 4, sometimes 5 instances. :)
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    farmallmfarmallm Member Posts: 4,630 Arc User
    I could use some of the Dil. But I won't be trying to go out of my way for it. I have been hoarding mine until the Dil exchange drops down to affordable levels. Or unless I build up enough to upgrade my ship equipment to the next level. Which ever comes first.
    Enterprise%20C_zpsrdrf3v8d.jpg

USS Casinghead NCC 92047 launched 2350
    Fleet Admiral Stowe - Dominion War Vet.
  • Options
    tuckerpb2sto1tuckerpb2sto1 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    https://youtu.be/CP6v4T3VT7I hay great idea. nothing better then letting us earn more dil, but keep the TRIBBLE refine cap the same. Remember unrefined dil is WORTHLESS in this game till it is refined.
  • Options
    thestingyonethestingyone Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    23rd? really? REALLY???? i did ~ 6Dilithium missions and NONE gave extra rewards.. another BS move on Cryptics Side.. and to TRIBBLE up another friday eve for EU timezone.. awesome - thats 2days gone for the so called "Bonus Dlithium weekend".. thx Cr**tic
  • Options
    jam3s1701jam3s1701 Member Posts: 1,825 Arc User
    23rd? really? REALLY???? i did ~ 6Dilithium missions and NONE gave extra rewards.. another BS move on Cryptics Side.. and to TRIBBLE up another friday eve for EU timezone.. awesome - thats 2days gone for the so called "Bonus Dlithium weekend".. thx Cr**tic

worked fine for me, I'm in the UK so around the same time zone as you and was playing last night and got my bonus.
    JtaDmwW.png