test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher needs a buff

meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
Seriously, it does. The Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher offers extreme low DPS (even at Epic). Yes, I know it's transphasic, but even for a transphasic torp, it comes with like the lowest base dmg ever.
ChCDpuh.jpg

Comments

  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    Atleast it looks pretty! Cough *antiproton Torpedo* Cough
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
    lsegn wrote: »
    Atleast it looks pretty! Cough *antiproton Torpedo* Cough

    I actually like the way the AP torp looks. :)

    So, can we buff the Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher now?!
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,817 Arc User
    For a torpedo which you can only equip one of, maybe it does need a buff. but when I used it it seemed pretty powerful.

    Neutronic is still better though.

    "He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,704 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    lsegn wrote: »
    Atleast it looks pretty! Cough *antiproton Torpedo* Cough

    I actually like the way the AP torp looks. :)

    So, can we buff the Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher now?!

    Cryptic buff torpedoes? HA...that's a joke.
    #WithoutRespectWeReject
  • lsegnlsegn Member Posts: 594 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    lsegn wrote: »
    Atleast it looks pretty! Cough *antiproton Torpedo* Cough

    I actually like the way the AP torp looks. :)

    So, can we buff the Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher now?!

    My point being that it's also pretty but totally worthless.
  • darkknightucfdarkknightucf Member Posts: 1,546 Media Corps
    I have no comment.
    @Odenknight | U.S.S. Challenger | "Remember The Seven"
    Fleet Defiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support | Fleet Manticore Kinetic Strike Ship | Tactical Command Kinetic Siege Refit | Fleet Defiant Quantum Phase Escort | Fleet Valiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support
    Turning the Galaxy-X into a Torpedo Dreadnought & torpedo tutorial, with written torpedo guide.
    "A good weapon and a great strategy will win you many battles." - Marshall
    I knew using Kinetics would be playing the game on hard mode, but what I didn't realize was how bad the deck is stacked against Kinetics.
  • psych2lpsych2l Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    I will necro revive this thread after it is ignored by the devs, it's the least I can do
  • ssbn655ssbn655 Member Posts: 1,894 Arc User
    Ummm no lets look at it from a this angle. All torpedos except Transphasic (no matter the flavor) need to batter down shields no bypassing them so the actual damage when shields are up is LOWER then a "weaker" transpahsic which automaticly has 40% of its damage BYPASS shields. So for argumant sake lets say your ship has a a photon and a transphasic both doing 2k kinetic. You fire at the target that has shields at 20k ... 10 Photons eventually knock shields down then your other weapons can start tearing said target apart. With me so far? Now same target same shields...Transphasic delivers it damage to shields AND 800 points of damage to the actual target at the same time so the same 10 transphasics not only knock shields down but at same time deliver 8K in damage to target. Which lets you finish the kill even faster then the photon equipped ship. So while over all transphasic damage numbers look less the actual damage is HIGHER versus a shielded target.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Ummm no lets look at it from a this angle. All torpedos except Transphasic (no matter the flavor) need to batter down shields no bypassing them so the actual damage when shields are up is LOWER then a "weaker" transpahsic which automaticly has 40% of its damage BYPASS shields. So for argumant sake lets say your ship has a a photon and a transphasic both doing 2k kinetic. You fire at the target that has shields at 20k ... 10 Photons eventually knock shields down then your other weapons can start tearing said target apart. With me so far? Now same target same shields...Transphasic delivers it damage to shields AND 800 points of damage to the actual target at the same time so the same 10 transphasics not only knock shields down but at same time deliver 8K in damage to target. Which lets you finish the kill even faster then the photon equipped ship. So while over all transphasic damage numbers look less the actual damage is HIGHER versus a shielded target.

    Yeah, I know how transphasic work. :) Now look at other transphasic torps, and you'll see the Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher has the lowest base Dmg of them in town. Ergo, it needs a buff.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Ummm no lets look at it from a this angle. All torpedos except Transphasic (no matter the flavor) need to batter down shields no bypassing them so the actual damage when shields are up is LOWER then a "weaker" transpahsic which automaticly has 40% of its damage BYPASS shields. So for argumant sake lets say your ship has a a photon and a transphasic both doing 2k kinetic. You fire at the target that has shields at 20k ... 10 Photons eventually knock shields down then your other weapons can start tearing said target apart. With me so far? Now same target same shields...Transphasic delivers it damage to shields AND 800 points of damage to the actual target at the same time so the same 10 transphasics not only knock shields down but at same time deliver 8K in damage to target. Which lets you finish the kill even faster then the photon equipped ship. So while over all transphasic damage numbers look less the actual damage is HIGHER versus a shielded target.

    Yeah, I know how transphasic work. :) Now look at other transphasic torps, and you'll see the Resonant Transphasic Torpedo Launcher has the lowest base Dmg of them in town. Ergo, it needs a buff.

    did you parse it out? The torpedo does some debuffing and some extra exotic (physical?) damage too.
  • reyan01reyan01 Member Posts: 15,536 Arc User
    I'm afraid that this torpedo was quicky relegated to my bank, filed under the 'Not worth using' tab.
  • pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    At least it’s not as bad as Advanced Quantum torpedo which does half the damage of a basic Quantum with torpedo spread 3. That torpedo really needs a buff.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
    psych2l wrote: »
    I will necro revive this thread after it is ignored by the devs, it's the least I can do

    If not you, then me :smiley:
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • praxi5praxi5 Member Posts: 1,562 Arc User
    Yes it does!

    It has disproportionately low damage, even when factoring in it's special sauce proc.

    In fact, I think Transphasic, in general, needs a buff. Too many additional sources of ShieldPen (like Kinetic Precision) make the damage trade-off for Transphasic's innate ShieldPen bonus not worth it.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,395 Arc User
    praxi5 wrote: »
    Yes it does!

    It has disproportionately low damage, even when factoring in it's special sauce proc.

    In fact, I think Transphasic, in general, needs a buff. Too many additional sources of ShieldPen (like Kinetic Precision) make the damage trade-off for Transphasic's innate ShieldPen bonus not worth it.

    LOL. Whenever I think I got you pegged, you go and say the complete opposite of what I expected. :) (In a good way)

    But you're absolutely right:the 'trans' part isn't all that unique any more.
    ChCDpuh.jpg
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 7,822 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    With the numerous special torpedoes which hit like trucks the transphasics are near obsolete.
    Still, i like the special transphasic torpedo. It's good to get rid of those annoying iconian probes.​​
    Post edited by questerius on
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • darkknightucfdarkknightucf Member Posts: 1,546 Media Corps
    ssbn655 wrote: »
    Ummm no lets look at it from a this angle. All torpedos except Transphasic (no matter the flavor) need to batter down shields no bypassing them so the actual damage when shields are up is LOWER then a "weaker" transpahsic which automaticly has 40% of its damage BYPASS shields. So for argumant sake lets say your ship has a a photon and a transphasic both doing 2k kinetic. You fire at the target that has shields at 20k ... 10 Photons eventually knock shields down then your other weapons can start tearing said target apart. With me so far? Now same target same shields...Transphasic delivers it damage to shields AND 800 points of damage to the actual target at the same time so the same 10 transphasics not only knock shields down but at same time deliver 8K in damage to target. Which lets you finish the kill even faster then the photon equipped ship. So while over all transphasic damage numbers look less the actual damage is HIGHER versus a shielded target.

    You forgot one minor little part to your story; NPC shields negate 75% of incoming kinetic damage (player shields vary depending on shield power level).

    Even then, Transphasics are extremely weak vs max level content. Way too much hull surrounded by way too much shielding to make Transphasics useful vs a loaded Neutronic & FlowCaps + Enh BioMolecular shieldslamming strategy.

    Even w/ the debuff potential of the Resonant Trans, it's not worth slotting. A HY Corrosive torp will serve you better. Now, if you are intentionally running a debuffing loadout, add it to your arsenal.

    @Odenknight | U.S.S. Challenger | "Remember The Seven"
    Fleet Defiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support | Fleet Manticore Kinetic Strike Ship | Tactical Command Kinetic Siege Refit | Fleet Defiant Quantum Phase Escort | Fleet Valiant Kinetic Heavy Fire Support
    Turning the Galaxy-X into a Torpedo Dreadnought & torpedo tutorial, with written torpedo guide.
    "A good weapon and a great strategy will win you many battles." - Marshall
    I knew using Kinetics would be playing the game on hard mode, but what I didn't realize was how bad the deck is stacked against Kinetics.
Sign In or Register to comment.