Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    Send me a tell for a possible armada :smile:

Done.

*blows bubbles.*
    ​​
    I remember seeing Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind as a child. I have to admit though, one of my favorites of his is My Neighbor Totoro.

I seen several of his films like Kiki's delivery service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke... but not My Neighbor Totoro yet. Tell me more about it, what do you see stand out in the film?​​
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    xtern1ty wrote: »
    I remember seeing Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind as a child. I have to admit though, one of my favorites of his is My Neighbor Totoro.

I seen several of his films like Kiki's delivery service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke... but not My Neighbor Totoro yet. Tell me more about it, what do you see stand out in the film?​​

I spent 3 years in Japan, and that's where I first saw it, so the everyday things that are in it remind me of my time there. Even though Totoro was made back in the late 80s, it's still wildly popular over there. Totoro and the Catbus are pretty enduring characters.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • ashkrik23ashkrik23 Member Posts: 10,809 Arc User
    Oh, and I;m actually writing my first novel for Destiny too, so even if you never pick it up, you may find that you enjoy the stories, Xean.
    King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride. arcgames.com/en/forums#/discussion/1138650/ashkrik23s-foundry-missions
    ashkrik_by_lindale_ff-d65zc3i.png
  • gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Yeah Nausicaä of the Valley was amazing - and it paved the way for Studio Ghibli too, of which I am a major fan. Such a shame that they are no longer producing - I loved their recent interpretation of the Princess Kaguya tale.
    yjkZSeM.gif

I seen several of his films like Kiki's delivery service, Porco Rosso, Princess Mononoke... but not My Neighbor Totoro yet. Tell me more about it, what do you see stand out in the film?

I spent 3 years in Japan, and that's where I first saw it, so the everyday things that are in it remind me of my time there. Even though Totoro was made back in the late 80s, it's still wildly popular over there. Totoro and the Catbus are pretty enduring characters.

Wonderful you got to spend as long as you did, sounds like you had a great time there! His films must be, I heard Spirited Away earned more than Titanic in the Japanese box office. I will check Totoro out.

Hiyao has a way of depicting even ordinary day to day things that is endearing; whether it's baking a pie like the kind elderly lady in Kiki's or planting a field of vegetables like Sparrowhawk and Arren do in Tales of Earthsea. Though many of us don't live the tradesman lifestyle anymore with our modern city life, I think it reminds us of the way life used to be with family bakeries and small farms and tradespeople. Our ancestors lived that life for so long, for millenia in fact, that it's there still in our cultural subconscious. Even with our technical and hectic modern lifestyle, it feels like those quaint little things serve to remind us of the important things we strive for as people, each in their own way.

Good health, lasting friendships, constructive happiness, the important things life is about and also how evil works to derail that course in life. I think that's one of the reasons why Miyazaki's films are so popular, apart from style and storytelling.
    ​​
    edited July 2015
    ashkrik23 wrote: »
    Oh, and I;m actually writing my first novel for Destiny too, so even if you never pick it up, you may find that you enjoy the stories, Xean.

That's great to hear Ash! I just might at that, I'm a voracious reader lol and I like writing too. Seems we share that in common.

I been really busy lately, had meetings all week, attended 2 conferences yesterday and today is the big day! I am looking forward to the afterparty, got a ton of party stuff prepared and high end purple ground and space gear, modules + millions of ec to give away to attendees. You're invited, as is baddmoonrizin. I've already invited all the members of our expansive network who can attend. Trolls and disreputable members of troll fleets including all those others who've been posting on this thread are banned from attendance; with the exception of the undercover nice players. It's going to be a safe and wonderful gathering of friends, we'll be converging at our starbase for this once-in-the-game event. Hope you can attend Ash, see you later!

​​
    ashkrik23 wrote: »

That's great to hear Ash! I just might at that, I'm a voracious reader lol and I like writing too. Seems we share that in common.

I been really busy lately, had meetings all week, attended 2 conferences yesterday and today is the big day! I am looking forward to the afterparty, got a ton of party stuff prepared and high end purple ground and space gear, modules + millions of ec to give away to attendees. You're invited, as is baddmoonrizin. I've already invited all the members of our expansive network who can attend. Trolls and disreputable members of troll fleets including all those others who've been posting on this thread are banned from attendance; with the exception of the undercover nice players. It's going to be a safe and wonderful gathering of friends, we'll be converging at our starbase for this once-in-the-game event. Hope you can attend Ash, see you later!
    ​​

I'm guessing that I missed out on the party. :/
    GrWzQke.png
  • josan369josan369 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Is this a Fleet Recruitment Thread or an Anime Discussion Thread? Because I seem to remember this is posted in the Fed Fleet Recruitment section of the forums. Can anyone clarify what exactly is going on here?

The party is just beginning. ;)​​
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    josan369 wrote: »
    Is this a Fleet Recruitment Thread or an Anime Discussion Thread? Because I seem to remember this is posted in the Fed Fleet Recruitment section of the forums. Can anyone clarify what exactly is going on here?

I know right. I'm STILL waiting to hear back about my application.

Got the mail Ash, I'll see you tomorrow!

The party is just beginning. ;)​​

Well, dang. I wish I had known when I was on last night. :/
    GrWzQke.png
    edited July 2015
    Armada upgrade and New Rules.

Effective July 27, 2015:

- Admins inactive for more than a year will be demoted by 1 rank and left to stay, with the exception of fleet founders. Should the ex-Admins return and resume their duties, they will be reinstated.
    - Inactive members for over 6 months under level 20 will be demoted to Seeker rank.
    - Inactive members under level 10 already at Seeker rank will be kicked.
    - Spies of troll fleets are now kicked.
    - To prevent entry of spies and malicious players, members must not accept unsolicited requests to join the fleet or channel.
    - Member must notify an admin or leader directly from now on when inviting a new player. Failure to do so can result in that player getting kicked by an Admin.
    - Any member or supporter of a known troll fleet, including Nerds of Prey, Starfleet Dental, Shutup Wesley and affiliated/supporter fleets are banned from participating in the armada, alliance network & channel XTERN1TY.
    - Members found concealing ties to known troll players or their fleets will be kicked, for such members are in conflict with our values. If you have such ties, best to let us know. We esteem honesty and can be lenient.
    - Admins must screen new members within 30 days or before promotion to any rank other than Seeker.
    - Currently active members will receive 1 rank promotion.
    - All currently active level 60 members will be promoted to Sage, the highest non-administrative fleet rank. They will receive no further promotion unless interested in administrative responsabilities.
    - Members can freely travel & help build any of the Armada fleets + freely access fleet equipment & ships.
    - Trusted fleet leaders of fleets participating in our Armada will become leaders of our fleet, sharing the same responsibilities of current leaders.
    - Armada leaders are allowed to place their administrators in the fleet alongside ours. Together we cooperatively manage our fleet, armadas, the alliance network & chan.
    - The Alpha fleet is shared neutral territory, helping all and helped by all fleets in the Armada.

@xtern1ty
    Leader
    ​​
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    I'm am deeply disturbed to see a fleet that once claimed to be an open community become so closed off and totalitarian.

Between this and Xeanu's increasingly homophobic and disruptive trolling of the Trading Channel and Zone chat I am afraid I can no longer support this failed fleet. I am hereby suspending all future aid efforts to Xtern1ty and it's allies.
    edited July 2015
    Hmmm Xean. Your latest status update on the progress made by the Xtern1ty Armada is interesting - looks like you guys have managed to get a large group of fleets together are really making something of it! I wonder whether you have any slots still available in your armada for those that might be interested in joining?
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • zaichalzaichal Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    So on the subject of Xean's recent boasting about founding his Armada, with xtern1ty as an alpha with t5 fleets under him.

gVgYG6T.png

Aw, he edited out that boasting, but the image above says it all.
    edited August 2015
    deokkent wrote: »
    Holy TRIBBLE the trolling is OP. How is this not locked yet or banhammer? LoL mods slacking off ^^.

Trolling is OP, pls nerf! vQTD03D.png LoL

... I get to block their messages on my end so it doesn't bother communication with members and friends; a nifty feature with the new forums. Remaining open just adds to their lengthy list of fails on our group and others. They get an ego boost by thinking they've manipulated the system if closed and would just follow to the next one to repeat. Another useless empty trophy to mount on their waiting room wall. In the end, admins will do what they know is best, but I'd rather it remained open for the time being as it's a very busy time for us and we've lots of new developments in store.

​​
    Post edited by xtern1ty on
    edited August 2015
    For fleets looking for an active group to partner with, our slots on fed are mostly filled in but we still have room. The advantages of partnering your fleet with our cooperative network is among other things:

- You get active players to team with for both PvE and PvP.
    - As a solid armada, you're assured of good boosts from the onset even as beta and gamma; greater than just being in an armada with one or two fleets, even if T-5. Initial boosts will rise higher in future, once our gamma t-4's reach t-5.
    - Being an established long-term community, you have the assurance we'll be around to accomplish future team goals.
    - With both teamspeak and raidcall access, as well as a unified in game channel with over 700 members, your members can participate in events and help nurture a thriving community.
    - Unlike most other Armadas, our group is a true STO community-run cooperative. No monopolies by a single overbearing fleet, no alpha telling you how to run your affairs. Leave any superiority complex at the door. Here we are equals, no matter what position your fleet is in the armada.
    - Players can link freely between any fleet in the network to enjoy the game and leaders of fleets in the armadas help manage the network itself from the Alpha fleet as leaders partnered towards common reachable goals.
    - By participating in our community-run network, you get to work together with other gamers and leaders on a project you will be able to look back and be proud of being part of, while enjoying the time you spend on STO here and now.

If this sounds like a great idea and you want to learn more, drop us a message. We look forward to hearing from you!

NOTE: We are looking for one more T-5 beta and t3-t4 gamma's for fed and T3-T5 fleets for the KDF Armada partnership. Our slots are filling day to day, contact us to reserve one.

​​
  • keracaulkkeracaulk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    •.,¸¸¸,.‹•*°ˆ★ Fleet Membership Invitation ★ˆ°*•‹.,¸¸¸,.•

•» Total player level_

14, but climbing

•» Faction of fleet you are looking for_

Federation

•» Tier of fleet you are looking for_

I don't know enough about fleet tiers to answer this

•» Career_

Science

•» Favorite STO activities_

To be honest, I haven't been at this long, but if I had to answer, I'd say the shoot 'em portions.

•» Are you a new or established player_

New. My brother-in-law told me about it and I thought I'd try it out.

•» Are you a regular on these forums_

No, and I don't think I will be, either. From what I've read so far, it's a pretty divisive community and I have no intention of getting in the middle of it.

•» Are you a crafter_

No, but then I've just started.

•» What are you looking for in our community_

Sanity and a little help. The chat in this game is off the rails and the few times I've asked for help of one kind or another I've been to told to do things to myself that I'm pretty sure I can't repeat in these forums

•» Are you a fleet builder_

I don't know what that is yet.

•» Will you be a regular fleet donor_

I don't know yet what I need to donate to a fleet, but if I'm told and I have it, then the fleet can have it, I suppose.

•» List your prior fleets and any current fleet affiliations_

None. New player.

•» Have you read The Fleet Charter below and agree to abide by it's Articles_

In as much as I understand the context, yes.

•» Your time/zone is_

CST

•» Signed - Full current player name@handle_

pubichare@keracaulk
    edited August 2015
    Our final beta spot on fed has been claimed. On KDF, we are open to all t-3+ fleets.

If you have a minimum t-3 level fleet you want to team up for armada, we have 2 non-reserved gamma slots on fed available. Due to our unique community-led armada arrangement, our slots are in high demand. They may fill at any time, if interested be sure to contact us to reserve a spot at your earliest convenience.
    ​​
    @keracaulk,

Thank you for your interest in our community.

Your application is currently under review by our admins. You will be contacted by in-game mail within 24 hours with the resulting status of your application.
    ​​
  • keracaulkkeracaulk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanks xtern1ty. I actually got an invite to a fleet shortly after posting here, but there was only 25 or so members in it and it wasn't called xtern1ty so I left it about an hour later. If that was you, I apologize for leaving and would certainly want to come back.
    edited August 2015
    keracaulk wrote: »
    Thanks xtern1ty. I actually got an invite to a fleet shortly after posting here, but there was only 25 or so members in it and it wasn't called xtern1ty so I left it about an hour later. If that was you, I apologize for leaving and would certainly want to come back.

Denison should be in touch with you @keracaulk , if he hasn't been already. Currently we do not accept new non-level 60 players in the alpha fleet, but we have a variety of tier-3 to tier-5 fleets you can join. Denison's fleet, Encrypted Data, has been one of our close allies for a long time and is a member of the Armada; which he also helps lead.

Long before Armada, we've been an extended network of cooperative fleets and leaders. Regardless which you are part of, once in a network fleet you will get access to the main channel XTERN1TY or in teamspeak or raidcall. You can ask to team, for advice and help or get access to free services like fleet gear. Feel free to chat with us anytime we are available, our members and I are glad to be of assistance.

​​
    Reminder to all: Shuttle weekend event is on. Been today from early morning. Good time to stockpile fleet marks and build reps.​​
    edited August 2015
    Salve!

It is my humble privilege to announce our mutual partnership in armada with longtime allies Orion Cygnus, Thrasher Command, 9th IDIC, The Good Guys, DOFFJOBS and Encrypted Data; as well as Xiphias, Starbase 001 and other fleet friends. Together we comprise STO Alliance Network, which continues the fellowship of the first community-led mainstream collaboration between small fleets and large ones started by fleet XTERN1TY long before armada.

Please see our KDF thread here for the announcement of our KDF partnership.

Fleet XTERN1TY, a mainstay of STOAN from pre-armada times, is an integral part of the partnership and continues to collaborate with Orion Cygnus, Thrasher Command, 9th IDIC, DOFFJOBS, The Good Guys and other fleets and armadas to further expand and perpetuate one of the most enduring functional networks for regular players on STO.

Together, the fleets of STOAN are home to approximately 3,000 players, in over 20 fleets. For players with voicecom capability, we feature both teamspeak and raidcall, along with a troll-free, in-game, multi-fleet, teaming/free service/chat channel for players who request an invite.

Among the STOAN Fed fleets are:
    Thrasher Command
    9th IDIC
    Orion Cygnus
    Xiphias
    The Good Guys
    DOFFJOBS
    Encrypted Data
    Starbase 001
    XTERN1TY

If you are a fleet or armada leader and want to team with STOAN, even if you don't join our armadas; feel free to message us here or preferably in private anytime. Some of the advantages of networking with STOAN are:

- Combined teaming. If you're fleet is not as active as it was, you can team with us, start and lead teams in our main channel without having to leave your fleet.
    - Building opportunities. Have too many marks? Got purple gear you'd like to stock up a fleet's bank with? We have the room and welcome donors. Similarly if you need marks or help building, teaming with our community of helpful players lets you avail of help from a more reliable and larger array of donors than you can find in public channels.
    - Events. Reap the rewards of community-led gaming when you partner with us on multi-fleet network events, such as giveaways, recruitment events, parties and PvP.

Collaboration makes all that and more possible. We look forward to meeting you. Haec victoria et pace in felicitas vobiscum.

Regards,

@xtern1ty
    Leader of XTERN1TY, supporting fleet of STOAN
    in collaboration with hawke, lyssel, caitlyn, Frank, Mike, Zero, gamersaint, bubblesandteia, Savage, Mereille, euclidese, Droog, levi, jaydawg, Denison, esteban, many others and most importantly you; the extraordinary team players of STO, without which this would not be possible. You are the real pillars of the community.
    Hi Xean, I hope all is well with you today.

I was just kicked from your channel (I know it wasn't you as you wouldn't do something like that). Did something happen? Could I get a reinvite please?

Thanks

@gazurtoid
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • tacticalrooktacticalrook Member Posts: 810 Arc User
    edited September 2015

Post edited by tacticalrook on
    /channel_join grind
  • blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Greetings everyone!

Starfleet Dental would like to announce the recent acquisition of fleet XTER1NTY! If you are pleased with this news, give yourself a pat on the back because we wouldn't have done it without you! The current leader has stepped down from office where their private secretary has stepped in. I am also pleased to announce that Funball Fridays will be returning soon, so get those low-level blasters ready for the weekly pvp matches against your superiors! This will be a great way to let your frustration out against your drill instructors while still providing a fun, safe work environment!

When Cryptic releases the new Klondike Class ship, we will be able to have Snowball Sundays! For anyone who wishes to join fleet XTERN1TY, please contact Glutes@blueweak. As a reminder, this is a FED fleet. If you would like to join the KDF fleet, do not hesitate to contact Xean@xtern1ty in-game!

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Leader of Fun
    XTERNITY