test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dyson Ground BG crashes

warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
edited June 2015 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
Crashing to desktop on Dyson Ground BG, at first i thought that it was connected to the new Risan modules (which i where testing). Then i tried playing with other chars who dont have new modules. I updated my drivers, forced checked the filles, tried dx9, dx9ex, dx10 still crashing. Sooooooooo any one else?
Post edited by warchun on

Comments

• nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    warchun wrote: »
    Crashing to desktop on Dyson Ground BG, at first i thought that it was connected to the new Risan modules (which i where testing). Then i tried playing with other chars who dont have new modules. I updated my drivers, forced checked the filles, tried dx9, dx9ex, dx10 still crashing. Sooooooooo any one else?

Would you be crashing in the "outskirts" by any chance? Thats where I always seem to CTD.
    server_hamster6.png
  • warchunwarchun Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Actualy now that you mention it, yes Outskirts
  • tcgrandpa#3038 tcgrandpa Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    known issue I believe its on the todo list.
  • nyxadrillnyxadrill Member Posts: 1,242 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    They had a go a fixing it in last weeks patch, it appears though that the fix has failed.
    server_hamster6.png
    edited June 2015
    I acctualy did not crash before the fix
  • plaztikman64plaztikman64 Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    hmm nothing new about this and simular issues within the newest patch notes (lets hope for a stealth fix....)

Fun fact: 99% of the time, when you have to clear 2 areas within a zone, it "randomly" chooses outskirts...
  • risian4risian4 Member Posts: 3,711 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    Fun fact: 99% of the time, when you have to clear 2 areas within a zone, it "randomly" chooses outskirts...

Indeed. This makes the issue more annoying since you're even specifically told to go to a place that causes the game to crash.

The transporter area and the two points near it (one being the hold-to-capture point where you'll often find some Romulan subcommanders and the other one being the Omega point north of the transporter) are the worst with often instantaneous crashes. One other thing that immediatly resulted in a crash, was killing one of the Voth Generals. The moment he died, the game died with him.

One thing that might work, is to go to a specific area of the Outskirts. I haven't had any crashes in the Artillery point (on the right hand side when leaving Command) near the Command exit, nor in the area adjacent to it where you have to stand in the center to hold the point. There's also notably less crashses for me in the most southerly point in the outskirts.
    When fighting the V-rex in the outskirts, I just walk there, leaving command and stay as far away as possible from the transporter.
    edited June 2015
    risian4 wrote: »
    Indeed. This makes the issue more annoying since you're even specifically told to go to a place that causes the game to crash.

The transporter area and the two points near it (one being the hold-to-capture point where you'll often find some Romulan subcommanders and the other one being the Omega point north of the transporter) are the worst with often instantaneous crashes. One other thing that immediatly resulted in a crash, was killing one of the Voth Generals. The moment he died, the game died with him.

One thing that might work, is to go to a specific area of the Outskirts. I haven't had any crashes in the Artillery point (on the right hand side when leaving Command) near the Command exit, nor in the area adjacent to it where you have to stand in the center to hold the point. There's also notably less crashses for me in the most southerly point in the outskirts.
    When fighting the V-rex in the outskirts, I just walk there, leaving command and stay as far away as possible from the transporter.

Was about to post that as well but just didn't had the time to do so at this point, so thx for that :). I really can't remember crashing at these two points, but the minute I go any further, chances are the game is going to crash fo shizzle...

At rex time though, it's a gamble really & there where times when I could stay and kill the rex, or get a CTD and no rewards altogether, so I always try and do city and park and skip outskirts, except when I do have enough dil for the next day already.
    Any news on this still getting crashes and if i'm on a mirror with lots of dino campers/tagers the ground BG turns extremly frustrating expirience, for reasons not connected to treck i bought 8 more gigs of ram since i figured maybe the game crashes since it's out of memory aparantly that is not the case of 12 gigs is not enough. Pls cryptic some attention here
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    i know of people who crash at the omega points in outskirts, it may have something to do with the way the grass is being rendered, we're trying to find a setting that fixes it in the graphics options. if we get a good answer i'll post it here
  • kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    oceansong wrote: »
    i know of people who crash at the omega points in outskirts, it may have something to do with the way the grass is being rendered, we're trying to find a setting that fixes it in the graphics options. if we get a good answer i'll post it here

Erm.. people are crashing not only in the outskirts... just so you know :)
  • oceansongoceansong Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »

unfortunately the people i know who crash on dyson ground only crash at the omega silos in outskirts, everywhere else they're fine, but i will get back to you if i find any solution

unfortunately the people i know who crash on dyson ground only crash at the omega silos in outskirts, everywhere else they're fine, but i will get back to you if i find any solution

Im not talking about the people "you know". Im talking about other people who posted about crashing in DB for the past 2 months, and they were crashing not only in the outskirts.

I dont crash in outskirts or anywhere in the dyson battlezone, but i know there are crashes because i see people constantly vanishing when they are fighting or running for the trex lol. Actually it is even funny when i see it xD.
    edited July 2015
    Seriously how many crash reports do you people need,

People report crashes in the login screen and other parts of the game since (almost) years ago. Never fixed. What makes you think they eventually will fix this? just saying, dont go to the outskirts and thats it.. forget about it. Its the only thing you can do. Besides, im afraid that discovering what is causing the crashes is almost impossible for cryptic...
  • crypticfrostcrypticfrost Member Posts: 1,479 Cryptic Developer
    This and the remaining Zaria crashes are from the same root issue, as I understand things. We are aware of it and are working on a fix. As stated in the Zaria thread, I'm not a programmer so I don't know why this is proving so difficult to fix.
    STO QA Team
  • questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,462 Arc User
    This and the remaining Zaria crashes are from the same root issue, as I understand things. We are aware of it and are working on a fix. As stated in the Zaria thread, I'm not a programmer so I don't know why this is proving so difficult to fix.

When i played "blood of the ancients" on tribble last week it crashed outside of the power plant. Do you know if this is the same issue as zaria and the dyson battle ground?

​​
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • alsocom73alsocom73 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Not sure if it will help but here is a crash id 37562400 from my CTD. I haven't had one of these since the Omega event but I tend to stay away from the Voth Battlezone.

edited July 2015
    alsocom73 wrote: »
    Not sure if it will help but here is a crash id 37562400 from my CTD. I haven't had one of these since the Omega event but I tend to stay away from the Voth Battlezone.

Just avoid outskirts and you should be good. Helps most people having this issue though.
    Post edited by plaztikman64 on
    edited July 2015
    Still crashing after todays patch: 07/23/15

"Resolved a DirectX graphics related crash."

Was this supposed to be the fix for this issue?

Edit: Error ticket ID: 37562400
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Still crashing after todays patch: 07/23/15

"Resolved a DirectX graphics related crash."

Was this supposed to be the fix for this issue?

Edit: Error ticket ID: 37562400

LOL :o

Before I had an occasional CTD, but this patch is all FUBAR CTD. I have tried to tone my graphic all the way down to Commodore 64 settings with negative results. I happens right in the middle of a big fight when a lot is going on. Reverse these changes and go back to the drawing board.
    Not really. It only says "Directx graphics related crash". A lot of people is crashing just loading the game, and others are crashing in other zones and others are crashing almost anywhere by time to time... it could be any case related to that fix.. or did the patch notes say specifically the dyson battlezone?
    Not really. It only says "Directx graphics related crash". A lot of people is crashing just loading the game, and others are crashing in other zones and others are crashing almost anywhere by time to time... it could be any case related to that fix.. or did the patch notes say specifically the dyson battlezone?

Since when are the devs always specific about anything? Stealth nerfs and buffs... there is a history right?! It could have been just thrown together with the Zaria crashes as a neutral patch note "statement" but yeah, it wasn't the case after all, so there is no need to go all wiseguy on me, k, thx.
  • kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited August 2015

Yes the same crash can also be found/reproduced when doing the "Out in the Cold" mission in the Breen story-arc. Hoping for a fix to it all soon[tm].
    Post edited by kthang on