test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

STOP the exchange spam!

As the threat title says, STOP with the exchange spam!
I make allot of sales during the day and I would also like to use the mail system
to communicate, which becomes impossible because of the constant flooding of my inbox.
And NO I'm not going to spend hours cleaning each and every single one of those messages by hand.
At the very least add a "delete all" button or a option to disable exchange mail/spam.
WqFWUHg.png

Comments

• Options
    kitsunesnoutkitsunesnout Member Posts: 1,210 Arc User
    I agree, it's such a nuisance and keeps putting me over the mail limit. The only mail I really want from exchange is items that fail to sell. What they should do at least is have sale notice mails expire after a few days or so by themselves since they aren't important for that long.
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    I agree, it's such a nuisance and keeps putting me over the mail limit. The only mail I really want from exchange is items that fail to sell. What they should do at least is have sale notice mails expire after a few days or so by themselves since they aren't important for that long.

The op is saying that he also dont want the mails of items that fail to sell. Because more than that, what the hell you guys are doing to have the mail flooded all the time??? i dont get it lol. I am selling in the exchange things all the time, but i dont get my email flooded with spam, i really dont know what is talking about. Yes, maybe once every 2 days i receive a spam mail from someone, i report it as spam and thats it. But dude, once every 2 days... i mean it is not such a big deal. Its annoying? yeah, but more than that...

That mechanic is also in place to limit the use of the exchange, the more annoying it is for you, the less you will be using the exchange or abusing from it, everythin hve a purpose. Now for what you tell me, you have thousands of things selling in the exchange?? well, you should try to moderate a bit, and you will see how things calm down lol.
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    I think he means the "you have sold TRIBBLE" mail. It is annoying to have to delete them all the time. I use the exchange all the time and the mail soon adds up.

Delete all option would be awesome.
  • Options
    Well, but you cant do anything about it. A "Delete all" will be nice, but again it will be useless unless they give us an option to select "all" or unselect "all" and something like that, with check boxes. Anything that is not like that, it will be pointless. And i dont think thats gonna happen, at least soon it will carry a lot of problems to the mail system im sure of that lol.
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    x1c3c0ldx wrote: »
    As the threat title says, STOP with the exchange spam!
    I make allot of sales during the day and I would also like to use the mail system
    to communicate, which becomes impossible because of the constant flooding of my inbox.
    And NO I'm not going to spend hours cleaning each and every single one of those messages by hand.
    At the very least add a "delete all" button or a option to disable exchange mail/spam.

^^ 100% this!

And another time, hoping they'll get it this time:

^^ 100% this!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    orion0029orion0029 Member Posts: 1,122 Bug Hunter
    I don't mind getting mail messages whenever something of mine sells, I sometimes keep messages like that so I remember what the item sold for.

A checkbox bulk delete option would be handy. Like the doff fleet contribution checkbox system works. :)

That way, people can delete many messages at once while keeping the important ones!
  • Options
    x1c3c0ldxx1c3c0ldx Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    And another time, hoping they'll get it this time:

I believe I posted about the exact same problem 2 or 3 years ago.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    orion0029 wrote: »
    I don't mind getting mail messages whenever something of mine sells, I sometimes keep messages like that so I remember what the item sold for.

A checkbox bulk delete option would be handy. Like the doff fleet contribution checkbox system works. :)

That way, people can delete many messages at once while keeping the important ones!

Yes both, multiple selection capability and a checkbox to disable exchange mail.
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    The irony is, that, at some point, we actually *had* a "Suppress emails from Exchange" click option. Where did it go?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    meimeitoo wrote: »
    The irony is, that, at some point, we actually *had* a "Suppress emails from Exchange" click option. Where did it go?!

That most have been a long time ago, why would they delete it? >_>
    WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    the exchange has successfully bombed my mail. I can no longer receive any mail by anyone else because the most recent mail listed is over a year old - no, i can't sort it to see a current mail, that doesn't work anymore.

Deleting them is no longer an option either. I estimate its over 2000 mails by now and the ui freezes for like 12-15 seconds if i hit delete, so there is no rapid deleting them either.

The only viable solution at the moment is to delete the character.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    stumpfgobs wrote: »

rofl, anyway, that's why Cryptic should invest into Gateway...

Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    tempus64tempus64 Member Posts: 806 Arc User
    The exchange could use a few things:

1. A tab that shows a list of what you've sold with bulk delete (instead of using mail)
    2. A tab that shows a list of what's expired and you can "take" (and take all) the item from there (instead of using mail)
    3. The filter to show only what you can use should pull a full 400 item list. Really half TRIBBLE job that it doesn't do that.
    4. Special Requisition items should have sub categories. i.e. ships, officer packs, outfits etc.
  • Options
    the exchange has successfully bombed my mail. I can no longer receive any mail by anyone else because the most recent mail listed is over a year old - no, i can't sort it to see a current mail, that doesn't work anymore.

Deleting them is no longer an option either. I estimate its over 2000 mails by now and the ui freezes for like 12-15 seconds if i hit delete, so there is no rapid deleting them either.

Yes I have the same problem. They seriously need to fix this.

WqFWUHg.png
  • Options
    berginsbergins Member Posts: 3,453 Arc User
    edited July 2015

The UI is probably freezing because the game client is teaching your computer. The other let dramatic solution, therefore, would be upgrade, or at least optimize, your computer.

Really though, complaining that it is Cryptic's fault that you let your emails build up to such ridiculous amounts? lol...
    "Logic is a little tweeting bird chirping in a meadow. Logic is a wreath of pretty flowers which smell BAD." - Spock
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    orion0029 wrote: »

Yes both, multiple selection capability and a checkbox to disable exchange mail.

And an /exportMail command would be awesome, I like to keep track of what sells and for how much, being able to export that info into a .csv file would make record keeping much easier.
  • Options

Well honestly that is entirely your fault. What player let the email box to be filled through the months with mails without deleting em? lol. Dont complain now that you are getting bad times deleting em... lolz.
  • Options
    comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    tempus64 wrote: »
    The exchange could use a few things:

1. A tab that shows a list of what you've sold with bulk delete (instead of using mail)
    2. A tab that shows a list of what's expired and you can "take" (and take all) the item from there (instead of using mail)
    3. The filter to show only what you can use should pull a full 400 item list. Really half TRIBBLE job that it doesn't do that.
    4. Special Requisition items should have sub categories. i.e. ships, officer packs, outfits etc.
    I vote for this as the ideal solution
  • Options
    stumpfgobsstumpfgobs Member Posts: 297 Arc User
    bergins wrote: »

The UI is probably freezing because the game client is teaching your computer. The other let dramatic solution, therefore, would be upgrade, or at least optimize, your computer.

Really though, complaining that it is Cryptic's fault that you let your emails build up to such ridiculous amounts? lol...

I would laugh about this but sadly the community of this game is filled with spiteful trolls and haters. So in turn this is rather saddening.
    Where did this speculation come from? Did someone read the future from some fish guts or the flight of a bird?

If you try to help someone, which i, out of courtesy, will assume you tried, you should get your facts together first and not just spill the next best thing that comes to mind into a post. That's how people get Darwin awards.

My hardware is fine. I spent quite some time looking into the "mail-issue". I can see lagspikes happening while i hit delete (netgraph ftw) while my fps stays the same as before.

kittyflofy wrote: »

Well honestly that is entirely your fault. What player let the email box to be filled through the months with mails without deleting em? lol. Dont complain now that you are getting bad times deleting em... lolz.

Read again. Its not even that i want to delete them. If i could just sort it so the current mail gets shown in a place that i can access. But i can't. That's not working as it should. So stop playing the blame-game like that other clown. :p