Install Arc
Options

Resolute Adv. Heavy Cruiser: Initial Impression

2»

Comments

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    If you already bought the T6, I would use that over the T5U.

Even if you do not use any Command boff powers (and there's at least two good ones - Overwhelm Emitters and Suppression Barrage - that you can fit into that LTC, if not finding a use for all three slots, AND a free Eng/Command boff that you probably have, so there's really not much reason not to unless maybe you have a full arsenal of space-traited boffs)...

... it still has +1 boff ability and is otherwise identical. And it has all the same tailoring options.

Where exactly is the advantage of the T5U?

I think it has a higher hull strength and base compared to the latter. I think the analogy is you go with a older model computer that lasted longer compared to a new computer that might break down.

So, all best would be go with the computer you know and used. You know the mechanis and intrinsic in's and out's.
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User

If you already have it, it saves you Zen that you'd waste buying a substandard replacement.

• Options
    philosopherephilosophere Member Posts: 607 Arc User
    I played around with the ship customization, and found that if on the new skin, you just switch the warp pylons to the classic style, the new design works better in my opinion, and brings out a "Connie" vibe I believe the designer may have intended or been influenced by. Check out the side view and top down in the ship tailor with the switched pylons, which you can do if you already own an Excel. From some angles, the hull is still a little too deep, but this can be mitigated slightly with one of the hull skin patterns.

I tend to agree with a previous poster, it seems to be a collection of parts for our use.
    Are we there yet?
  • Options
    puttenhamputtenham Member Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    lol, the ship is hideous. plain and simple (well the t6 varient). my friend who doesnt play anymore asked about it (as it is the ship he was flying when he quit.) and i told him its just an upgrade with a fugly design. i then told him that i figured most peeps who do purchase it, would simply use the original 2 skins and ignore the new one..

that being said.. ill say that this ship as a pilot ship would make no sense.. i mean come on... i dont see an excelsior class doing barrel rolls and back flips like the pilot ships seamingly do.. not to mention while it "could be an homage to sulu" i have heard the term fly her apart used in many other movies and other instances.. i highly doubt cryptic had the for thought to link the two.. not to mention, we all know how cryptic thinks.. big ship equals tank, small ship equals glass cannon with high menuvering. and what they have no clue about, they make into sci ships.. (like the intrepids grey area..)

that being said, im not disapointed with the seating.. its basically what i would have expected out of an excelsior (given its history in the game) i mean, yes it sucks, but also, its right on par for what you would expect.

as far as leveling it and going back to the t5u.. ummm, why?

this is why i stick with my steamrunner.. lol.. very under rated and under appreciated ship.. : )
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    The problem isn't that it doesn't get an ensign slot universal, its that Enigeering at Ensign sucks. All but one power activates the cd on each other. Like with what they did with Enigeering team, tac team, and sci team, the emergency power to x abilities should not share a cool down.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    lordgyor wrote: »
    The problem isn't that it doesn't get an ensign slot universal, its that Enigeering at Ensign sucks. All but one power activates the cd on each other. Like with what they did with Enigeering team, tac team, and sci team, the emergency power to x abilities should not share a cool down.

I have to agree here, Ensign Engineering Stations are a big pet peeve of mine. I personally don't even use Emergency Powers at that low of a rank, so the only thing I usually use in that spot is Engineering Team. Making this station locked at Engineering gives the ship 3 engineering stations. Yes, one of them is a hybrid command, but you're still going to have to double up Ensign Engineering abilities and the choices here are few and far between.

Making it a Universal would have added more flexibility. You could go tactical and pick up another FAW or Tac Team, and there are a whole slew of Science Abilities that are useful at that rank (My favorite being Hazard Emitters for cleanse or Polarize Hull.)

While I do think a Universal would have been the way to go, I agree with you that it would still be ok if it was locked into anything but engineering. A Tactical or Science station here would have really helped the ship a lot.​​
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    warmaker001bwarmaker001b Member Posts: 9,205 Arc User

If you already have it, it saves you Zen that you'd waste buying a substandard replacement.

There is no going around that the T6 Excelsior > T5U Excelsior. The stats do not lie.

Now whether it's enough to make you fork out for the T6 ship is up to the player. But the OP already bought the T6 ship and is going to fly the T5U version again, which as stated, is inferior in every possible way to the T6 version.

It makes absolutely ZERO SENSE.
    XzRTofz.gif
  • Options
    belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I've been running around in my T6 excelsior for a couple days now and I'm quite enjoying it on my engineer.

I needed a new ship for my engineer and I was getting bored with my dauntless, pathfinder and pilot ships so thought I would try a cruiser, this came out at the perfect time for my new, under geared engineer so I bought it and I'm pleased with it, using just gear from doff'ing and a few early missions and drops (I doff'd this char to 60) and whatever boffs & abilities I had laying around he was tearing through mission replays in it.

My only gripes is the ensign engineer slit, it's not needed and a waste, even if it was a tac or a sci slot it would be a huge improvement.

As to it's it looks, I love it, it looks great to me and to be honest if you prefer the rxcelsior skin then use that instead.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Not so much the case anymore, with new Engineering BOFF abilities such as Structural integrity Collapse and the new Warp shell one from 'Broken Circle'.

I don't know about Integrity Collapse, I haven't used it myself, but I know that Emit Unstable Warp Bubble (Broken Circle Reward) is a Lt and higher skill. Rank 1 is Lt, Rank 2 is LTC, and Rank 3 is Commander. There is no ensign level of this skill. Integrity Collapse is an expensive option as it's a Lock Box trait and not easily attained.

​​
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rmy1081rmy1081 Member Posts: 2,840 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »

Not so much the case anymore, with new Engineering BOFF abilities such as Structural integrity Collapse and the new Warp shell one from 'Broken Circle'.

I don't know about Integrity Collapse, I haven't used it myself, but I know that Emit Unstable Warp Bubble (Broken Circle Reward) is a Lt and higher skill. Rank 1 is Lt, Rank 2 is LTC, and Rank 3 is Commander. There is no ensign level of this skill. Integrity Collapse is an expensive option as it's a Lock Box trait and not easily attained.

​​

you're pretty much right but Integrity Collapse is still relatively cheap on the exchange. Also remember, unlike the t5u excelsior, the T6 version can sport a command power in one of the ensign engineering slots. None of the powers are spectacular but they're all more useful than a third ensign engineering power.
  • Options
    eldarion79eldarion79 Member Posts: 1,679 Arc User
    One of the original complaints about the Excelsior was the ship looks like a pregnant guppy, but the Resolute takes it to a pregnant with triplet guppies.