test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalition Disruptor vs Normal Disruptor

Has anyone used these new disruptors? Damage wise, are they any better than the normal disruptors?

They make cool sounds but I don't know if I could justify forking out for a whole set if they're inferior

Comments

• Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    The Coalition disruptor proc reduces a target's resistance to disruptor damage only.

Regular and other disruptors reduce resistance to all damage.

IMO, no they are not worth it unless...

You do not team up much.
    You do not use other methods to deal damage (ex. Gravity Well).
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    gradiigradii Member Posts: 2,824 Arc User
    They'd be better on the ground if the whole team used disruptors!

"He shall be my finest warrior, this generic man who was forced upon me.
    Like a badass I shall make him look, and in the furnace of war I shall forge him.
    he shall be of iron will and steely sinew.
    In great armour I shall clad him and with the mightiest weapons he shall be armed.
    He will be untouched by plague or disease; no sickness shall blight him.
    He shall have such tactics, strategies and machines that no foe will best him in battle.
    He is my answer to cryptic logic, he is the Defender of my Romulan Crew.
    He is Tovan Khev... and he shall know no fear."
  • Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    One thing I wondered about the Coalition disruptor weapons, they are Character Bind on Equip while most other weapons are now Account Bind on Equip. Oversight?
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User
    kthang wrote: »
    One thing I wondered about the Coalition disruptor weapons, they are Character Bind on Equip while most other weapons are now Account Bind on Equip. Oversight?

Doubt it, since old lockbox weapons of ye ol' past, were also BTC. It wasn't till around LOR I believe, that they started the whole lockbox BTA bit!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    kthangkthang Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2015

Doubt it, since old lockbox weapons of ye ol' past, were also BTC. It wasn't till around LOR I believe, that they started the whole lockbox BTA bit!

Yeah, the old ones were but the newer ones are BTA. That's why I wonder if this current, new, lockbox and weapons should've been BTA as well thus an oversight.
  • Options
    shadowwraith77shadowwraith77 Member Posts: 6,395 Arc User

Yeah, the old ones were but the newer ones are BTA. That's why I wonder if this current, new, lockbox and weapons should've been BTA as well thus an oversight.

Possible but, I wouldn't give my hopes up though!
    tumblr_nq9ec3BSAy1qj6sk2o2_500_zpspkqw0mmk.gif

Praetor of the -RTS- Romulan Tal Shiar fleet!

• Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    Debuff or no debuff, that pew-pew sound was a deal-breaker for me. I won't be buying any more of them.
    Q9BWcdD.png
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    The Coalition disruptor proc reduces a target's resistance to disruptor damage only.

Regular and other disruptors reduce resistance to all damage.

IMO, no they are not worth it unless...

You do not team up much.
    You do not use other methods to deal damage (ex. Gravity Well).
    Coalition disruptors are better if your team uses disruptor as you will get a stacking resist penalty from the team using them. It's definitely the sort of thing that caters to premades for space STFs.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    zarato4218zarato4218 Member Posts: 403 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    lopequil wrote: »
    Debuff or no debuff, that pew-pew sound was a deal-breaker for me. I won't be buying any more of them.

Yeah, I really wish I had known what they would sound like before I equipped a set on my my new Tac Trill that just hit 50. Now she's stuck with them for a while. :'( That is to say at least until I get some use out of them so it dosen't feel like a total waste of EC and can find a cheap replacement set. (It is only an alt after all)

As Zephram Cochrane once said, "That'll do, pig. That'll do." - April 1st 2015. o:)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Just remember that it's not a Klingon weapon, but a Zahl/Nihydron weapon. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg