test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Current State of the Game

fighter1789fighter1789 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Hello,

this game is based on Star Trek and you could find some fun it. A lot of people are playing it, because it is a Star Trek Game.
But now, we are at a point where it is hard to find some fun in this game.
There is a big lack of (endgame)content in STO. There is nothing to do. Once you have filled up the reputation system you can't bother yourself to grind more. The current content of STO is focussed on Grind. :(
And "Featured Episodes" aren't endgame content - you don't play them often.
Out of all the grind folks get a huge powercreep. For that powercreep is no content out there, which requires it - basically folks are grinding for nothing. It's true, that you can play missions like Hive Space Elite, once you get better in the game, but why would you play that mission often? It takes longer than other missions, so the reward is too low for the needed time. If you would get something special out of missions like that, people would play it more often (and get stuff to beat it) - but at the moment there is no reason to play it.
The new PvE-Space-Queues are all timegated, it doesn't matter how good you are, you have to sit in these missions and wait for a timer (no need to grind for the powercreep, because you always need the same time), so people are still playing old PvEs like Infected for doing some kind of records, but with all the powercreep advanced has became a bad joke.
I don't want to talk about PvP as endgamecontent in this game. It totally broken and people don't get a good reward out of it => waste of time.
On top of all the problems, we have the serverside lagissues for over 7 months now and I don't see them going away in the near future.

All in all it can be said, that folks are grinding for nothing, they can't even play the old missions, because of the lag. They grind with the hope, that the lag will go away in the future - but they don't know when it goes away - if ever.
I have real problems to motivate myself to play STO - and I guess, that I'm not the only one with that kind of problems.

I have a few solutions for the problems:

1: Fix the serverlag immediately.
2: Bring new interesting PvE-Queues up - without timegate.
3: give longer and harder missions like Hive Elite a special reward.
4: Make a PvP-Daily-Mission with a nice reward, but private-matches shouldn't count for this, to prevent exploiting.

Yours sincerely

Comments

• Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    End game design is bad at the current state. I think maybe a game with more infinite and less defined end game.

Meaning smarter AI that can match player abilities or skill. Make the boss power specifically Borg, Undine, and Iconian deadly and dangerous. Make the Borg adapt and be able to use buffs and abilities I mean all. Also make Iconians ab threat beyond equal to Borg or maybe harder.

Make all worlds persistent and put back exploration. Check out on youtube E3 No Mans Sky, ED, or SC

Anyway everyone would have a cow. The recent maintenances really highlight the out of date engine severely.
  • Options
    robyvisionrobyvision Member Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    My opinion:
    they need to reduce the available number of pve mission,
    invest some time into foundry making it more attractive,
    for the love of torpedoes, invest some effort into pvp already,
    redo the cardassian arc.
  • Options
    woodwhitywoodwhity Member Posts: 2,636 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Meaning smarter AI that can match player abilities or skill. Make the boss power specifically Borg, Undine, and Iconian deadly and dangerous. Make the Borg adapt and be able to use buffs and abilities I mean all. Also make Iconians ab threat beyond equal to Borg or maybe harder.

Be careful. Smarter AI wont happen. Cryptics Solutions in that matter are always more HP and more one-hits.
  • Options
    kayajaykayajay Member Posts: 1,990 Arc User
    If ONLY they would bring back the scheduled events. We would have the Shuttle Event on one day, Mirror Universe on another, (MY FAVOURITE) Mine Trap on a Thursday, etc. The queues are dead, because no one is coordinated enough to play...I would stay up late to play the events! Ever since they were removed and the queues died, it'd been like pulling the plug on STO...

READ THIS DEVS!!!
  • Options
    kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    There is no lack of end-game content, it is just terribly bad designed. And when people is going to start worrying about the most important issue of this game (bugfixing) instead of keep asking for more content?? . Why i bother lol.
  • Options
    markjames1markjames1 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    kayajay wrote: »
    If ONLY they would bring back the scheduled events. We would have the Shuttle Event on one day, Mirror Universe on another, (MY FAVOURITE) Mine Trap on a Thursday, etc. The queues are dead, because no one is coordinated enough to play...I would stay up late to play the events! Ever since they were removed and the queues died, it'd been like pulling the plug on STO...

READ THIS DEVS!!!

Hi,

I am in agreement with this totally. Bringing these special events back (hourly / daily) would really add some fun, structure and variety to STO.
    star-trek-london-captains_zps420d10b3.jpg

These Are The Voyages...
  • Options
    markjames1 wrote: »

I am in agreement with this totally. Bringing these special events back (hourly / daily) would really add some fun, structure and variety to STO.

I think almost every player would agree. It was a terrible decision and people really complained back in the days but again, nothing players could have done to stop it. As everything cryptic changed/removed, unfortunately nothing is going to come back.
  • Options
    deokkent wrote: »
    Dear OP,

Prepare to be censored and ignored for daring to mention PvP.

Lol, i dont even read pvp anymore, my brain jumps instantly when i see that word xD. Cant believe people still have hopes that pvp will return someday :D
  • Options
    hunteralpha84hunteralpha84 Member Posts: 524 Arc User
    I miss PvP. Truer test of skill than the current plasma explosion dps-fest.

Is kerrat still popular? Did they restore the high quality loot?
  • Options
    vivenneanthonyvivenneanthony Member Posts: 1,278 Arc User
    robyvision wrote: »
    My opinion:
    they need to reduce the available number of pve mission,
    invest some time into foundry making it more attractive,
    for the love of torpedoes, invest some effort into pvp already,
    redo the cardassian arc.

Foundry is not a answer. It might help but not resolve. I wouldn't touch a foundry mission no matter the rewards.

• Options
    ovrkylovrkyl Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »
    deokkent wrote: »
    Dear OP,

Prepare to be censored and ignored for daring to mention PvP.

Lol, i dont even read pvp anymore, my brain jumps instantly when i see that word xD. Cant believe people still have hopes that pvp will return someday :D
    PvP = fnord? LOL

This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
  • Options
    fighter1789fighter1789 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I have done some PvE-Queues today, all of them were filled with a lot of Lag. With that Lag, I can't really play STO anymore. :(
    No Content + Lag = very little hope for that game to become playable again... .
  • Options
    SanoSano Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    I completely agree with the OP. Its sad but true - every word of it
  • Options
    crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Hello,

this game is based on Star Trek and you could find some fun it. A lot of people are playing it, because it is a Star Trek Game.
    But now, we are at a point where it is hard to find some fun in this game.
    There is a big lack of (endgame)content in STO. There is nothing to do. Once you have filled up the reputation system you can't bother yourself to grind more. The current content of STO is focussed on Grind. :(
    And "Featured Episodes" aren't endgame content - you don't play them often.
    Out of all the grind folks get a huge powercreep. For that powercreep is no content out there, which requires it - basically folks are grinding for nothing. It's true, that you can play missions like Hive Space Elite, once you get better in the game, but why would you play that mission often? It takes longer than other missions, so the reward is too low for the needed time. If you would get something special out of missions like that, people would play it more often (and get stuff to beat it) - but at the moment there is no reason to play it.
    The new PvE-Space-Queues are all timegated, it doesn't matter how good you are, you have to sit in these missions and wait for a timer (no need to grind for the powercreep, because you always need the same time), so people are still playing old PvEs like Infected for doing some kind of records, but with all the powercreep advanced has became a bad joke.
    I don't want to talk about PvP as endgamecontent in this game. It totally broken and people don't get a good reward out of it => waste of time.
    On top of all the problems, we have the serverside lagissues for over 7 months now and I don't see them going away in the near future.

All in all it can be said, that folks are grinding for nothing, they can't even play the old missions, because of the lag. They grind with the hope, that the lag will go away in the future - but they don't know when it goes away - if ever.
    I have real problems to motivate myself to play STO - and I guess, that I'm not the only one with that kind of problems.

I have a few solutions for the problems:

1: Fix the serverlag immediately.
    2: Bring new interesting PvE-Queues up - without timegate.
    3: give longer and harder missions like Hive Elite a special reward.
    4: Make a PvP-Daily-Mission with a nice reward, but private-matches shouldn't count for this, to prevent exploiting.

Yours sincerely

If you ask nicely...they would probably listen...I agree specially with number 4 normal-42.gif
    ​​
    DUwNP.gif