test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please add the Shuttle Bay to Starfleet Academy

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
Say, any chance to hook up the Shuttle Bay shown in the tutorial to the regular Academy map?

It would be really cool to be able to take a shuttle to or from SFA to ESD using this or to your ship (for those Doctor McCoy types :P)

It would also avoid future problems like we had with Fed-Romulans not being able to beam out of the Academy. :)

Thanks! :)

Comments

• Options
    rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I would like it! I would love it, if they did it this way. After you got a new ship, let's say you had to head down to Starfleet Academy to simulate R&R while your ship is prepared. Then you can board a shuttle, which will take you to the Space Docks and you get like a three to five minute long introduction of your new ship. Like in the Original Star Trek Movies. Particulary the first and second ones.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
  • Options
    comdrivercomdriver Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    rarebear1 wrote: »
    Then you can board a shuttle, which will take you to the Space Docks and you get like a three to five minute long introduction of your new ship.
    hm.. that sounds great! Flying with your engineer or first officer and he/she tells you about ship systems and weapons. This would add some awesomeness and rapture with getting new ships. You not just open another ship box and say "whatever.. this is just another ship", you could really feel what new ship is some kind of achievement.
    But of course there should be klingon and romulan version of this cinematic and it should be skippable for sure.​​
  • Options
    rarebear1rarebear1 Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    I agree this is so needed.
    Proud Trekkie Favorite episode from TOS is The Doomsday Machine TNG: Yesterday's Enterprise VOY: Endgame part 1 and 2 DS9: Emissary ENT: Assmilation
  • Options
    solax79solax79 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'd even expand on this idea: Not just the Academy, but also enabling the one at ESD for the same purposes as well as travel back and forth between the two maps.

There is a shuttlebay at ESD, in between the exchange and the commodities stores that allows you to go down to the Academy. But you are shown beaming down either way so it makes no difference.

I think there should also be the ability to beam straight to the sector map from ESD. You can do that from the Academy, and I don't think it makes any sense to not be able to from ESD as well.
    99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer...
  • Options
    primar13primar13 Member Posts: 1,896 Bug Hunter
    solax79 wrote: »
    westmetals wrote: »
    I'd even expand on this idea: Not just the Academy, but also enabling the one at ESD for the same purposes as well as travel back and forth between the two maps.

There is a shuttlebay at ESD, in between the exchange and the commodities stores that allows you to go down to the Academy. But you are shown beaming down either way so it makes no difference.

I think there should also be the ability to beam straight to the sector map from ESD. You can do that from the Academy, and I don't think it makes any sense to not be able to from ESD as well.

The reason you are beamed down, is a game engine limitation If I remember.

Also why do we need the shuttlebay as SFA. I know its a nice looking room, and I do enjoy it, but its a very small roome, with just a bar in it. I highly doubt you would be able to go where the shuttles actually are. you would most likely have the same invisiwalls as whats in the Tutorial

• Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    While we're at it, could you add the "USS DeWitt" shuttlebay to Large and Medium Federation ship interiors?