test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

STO still crashes for me at the Iconian loading screen

ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
I don't know how to explain it without a lot of details and specs as to what is causing the problem. However, near the end of the Iconian loading screen process, the game crashes. What happens is that my graphic card is stalled, screen goes black and when the desktop comes back, Aero has crashed in Windows 7. It's been like this since the launch of season 10. It was announced that this problem had been fixed a few times, but not for me.

The only way I can get the game to run is putting the game into safe mode, every time. I can use the sliders to increase the graphic detail in options. The game does not crash very often when I choose those graphic detail settings.

Is there a way I can send Cryptic more information? I have used that submitter more than a few times. It also often crashes before giving me a ticket number.

Comments

• alax2011alax2011 Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    it was never fixed, i kinda got used to having to load sto in safe-mode now, so maybe you need to try that, go to options on the launcher and hit safe-mode, and then when sto bypasses that loading screen (your at your character select screen) hit the maximize button, works for me every time, although that means i have to run in safe mode lol
  • pies5pies5 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    my launcher does not have a safe mode
  • idlehand13idlehand13 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I just started having this same problem tonight. I've sat here and watched nearly an entire episode of TNG waiting to get past the title screen. I also get the same bug report screen, but it disappeared before I could report anything.
  • ajlagaranajlagaran Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Safe mode is in options for me. It's a check box on a menu. I hope they fix this problem. I've had it for quite awhile now.