test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is anyone else getting sick of all these polls?

lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
People seem to really be going hog wild with making polls! What do you think? Do we have enough polls? Do we have too many? Maybe we even need more!

Is anyone else getting sick of all these polls? 68 votes

No, the current number of polls is fine.
16%
reiklingraiderduncanidaho11tunebreakerkimmymdrakonlord56som3one1damainxdark4bloodxiaoping88ddplattstorules 11 votes
We need to have less polls.
7%
belidosliantheliadrakie79erl4farshore 5 votes
We need to have fewer polls.
16%
captaintroikameimeitoovelquaswamarianlogos1326voporaktaxiheatherconkav22lagomorphicxarynn2058gijsjan 11 votes
Polls for the Poll God!
27%
alethkiraenpsyman87hypltolmariuskodachikunoarliekkosiconianscomdriverstartrek1234567gradiidgdolphalexsanderitaseannewboyjexsamxalex284rickdankoazurealli4nce[Deleted User]chasebears 19 votes
I don't care.
32%
comrademocojahnksabrevt1100nynikmattjohnsonvasopwithsnipedenniskr87picard51shadowwraith77scarlinglordprotiuspeterconnorfirstaoax10defcon1776defaluscrusader2007bobnooniansinghszimcrowley875thelordofshades 22 votes

Comments

• kittyflofykittyflofy Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    You had to make ANOTHER POLL to ask for it, right??? if i was a mod lol, i will erase 80% of the polls right now. But meh, we know that mods are not really into the labor work :)
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    What is the difference between second and third option?

There isnt.. obviously the op is not english native..
  • walligigwalligig Member Posts: 308 Arc User
    I don't care.
    Meh its a forum. It has to be posted with something. As long as the poll is Star trek related and not completely stupid I don't care. Same with other post. As long as they are not completely stupid or posted for the main purpose of hating or trolling I don't care.
    sstosig2.png
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    kittyflofy wrote: »

If you don't know the difference between less and fewer, then you probably shouldn't be talking smack about other people's English skills.

If you don't know the difference between less and fewer, then you probably shouldn't be talking smack about other people's English skills.

I am not english native. But still i know the difference between "few" and "less". And in a practical use like this poll, they have exactly the same meaning. Unless you want to start writting 1000 options like "few", "a less few", "less than a few", and so on.. i mean, seriously?.
  • kimmymkimmym Member Posts: 1,317 Arc User
    Polls are all the rage right now because they are new.

They will settle down.

Nobody is sitting behind you forcing you to click the links, either, and if they are perhaps your romantic life is more interesting than mine...
    I once again match my character. Behold the power of PINK!
    kimmym_5664.jpg
    Fleet Admiral Space Orphidian Possiblities Wizard
  • admiraldunwalladmiraldunwall Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    I don't care.
    This again.
    tumblr_n8bewt4QjC1qm2fu4o2_r1_400.gif
    "Polls are so annoying, let's make a poll to see who agrees!"
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    By the way this will probably be closed shortly because they don't like Polls about Polls. Two is too many.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    Actually for the second one, it would seem that Taco had put one up about that very topic, in Galactic News; where everyone would obviously go to look for a Poll. Two was too many.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • birdforcebirdforce Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Im actually sick of the over-sized signatures some users have on these forums
  • velquavelqua Member Posts: 1,220 Arc User
    The amount of polls being done is starting to make the forum a bit un-readable. It would be nice to have a sub-forum just for polls alone. That way, people who like doing polls can have a place to do them.
    18662390068_f716cd60e3.jpg
  • dgdolphdgdolph Member Posts: 592 Arc User
    Polls for the Poll God!
    More lens fla.....aaaa I mean Polls!
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    I don't care.
    had a hard time selecting but i like supporting junior members new to forums
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • jexsamxjexsamx Member Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    Polls for the Poll God!
    Man, I haven't seen so many people working polls since my last trip to the strip club.

*tosses $1s*
  • kristaswiftkristaswift Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    I'm tired of polls complaining about polls complaining about polls.... :)
  • crusader2007crusader2007 Member Posts: 1,882 Arc User
    I don't care.
    I'm tired of polls complaining about polls complaining about polls.... :)

True :smiley:
    DUwNP.gif

• storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,264 Arc User
    People seem to really be going hog wild with making polls! What do you think? Do we have enough polls? Do we have too many? Maybe we even need more!

VIVA POLLS!!!
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Arc User
    Polls for the Poll God!
    Harriers for the cup!
  • virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
  • azurealli4nceazurealli4nce Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Polls for the Poll God!
    For the glory of his poliness, the Poll God, I decree that there shall be more polls!
    DPS-Bronze, DPS-Silver, DPS-Gold, etc. are FAKE! They were created by an outvoted minority who destroyed the original DPS channels!

Tactical Team sucked, once upon a time. I got it buffed. Don't think for a minute that Cryptic ignores forum feedback.
  • lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,864 Arc User
    Get rid of them already...nothing but a useless feature that a lot of people are abusing.
    Can't have a honest conversation because of a white knight with power
    Well based upon how long this Poll has been left open one can only assume that only certain Polls about Polls get closed.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Thanks for all of the input folks. With your help I have successfully determined that 40% of poll haters have terrible grammar.

(the correct answer was "fewer polls")
  • alethkiraenalethkiraen Member Posts: 306 Arc User
    Polls for the Poll God!
    I tried to register my vote on the poll and the forums died so now I'm afraid of voting.
    fRhmZXV.gif
    To boldly funk where no-one has funked before.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    There is no sane or defensible reason to get rid of the polls. If you don't like them don't read them, remember you are a human being with the faculty of self-control.

If only ppl would use said faculty of self-control to not have every other thread be a poll.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • belidosbelidos Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    I am not english native. But still i know the difference between "few" and "less". And in a practical use like this poll, they have exactly the same meaning. Unless you want to start writting 1000 options like "few", "a less few", "less than a few", and so on.. i mean, seriously?.

You were kind of right that they are the same (when you look at it from a literal sense of the meaning), however your idea that they are different quantities/amounts being the difference is wrong. The difference between the two words is nothing to do with differences in amounts, it's about what object you are describing, see below.

Actually the meaning of the words are he same, however the difference between them is in the usage.

The word fewer is used in reference to countable objects, for example: There are fewer M&M's in this bag.
    Whereas the word less is used in reference to non-countable objects, for example: There is less water in this bottle.

Although he is wrong that they're the same from one perspective, when literal meaning is taken into account he is correct that they mean the same, because they do mean the same just in relation to different objects.

The option "we need to have less" does not belong because polls are countable objects, the "we need fewer" option is the correct one grammatically (and yes I know I clicked the less option I miss-clicked in my haste to express my hatred of polls).
  • xarynn2058xarynn2058 Member Posts: 158 Arc User
    At the moment the process seems to be: I'm bored > Make trivial poll.

I wouldn't mind if the polls were providing some informative data but it currently seems to be a matter of either reinventing the wheel or attempts to massage the poll poster's ego.
    S1J6m8B.jpg
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    belidos wrote: »

You were kind of right that they are the same (when you look at it from a literal sense of the meaning), however your idea that they are different quantities/amounts being the difference is wrong. The difference between the two words is nothing to do with differences in amounts, it's about what object you are describing, see below.

Actually the meaning of the words are he same, however the difference between them is in the usage.

The word fewer is used in reference to countable objects, for example: There are fewer M&M's in this bag.
    Whereas the word less is used in reference to non-countable objects, for example: There is less water in this bottle.

Although he is wrong that they're the same from one perspective, when literal meaning is taken into account he is correct that they mean the same, because they do mean the same just in relation to different objects.

The option "we need to have less" does not belong because polls are countable objects, the "we need fewer" option is the correct one grammatically (and yes I know I clicked the less option I miss-clicked in my haste to express my hatred of polls).

and this is why i dont bother with all that stuff, it hurts my brain just looking at that... alien language. ironic isnt it, but i prefer to keep things simple.

as for the poll, not gonna waste my time with it.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.