test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Looking to find an Armada

nadiezjanadiezja Member Posts: 629 Arc User
Hey! I'm Tia, and I run a small LGBT-friendly fleet (Joint Operation Command: Nimbus Sector). We've been working hard on our fleet holdings for a long time, and the Armada system's announcement has filled me with glee and joy and happiness.

I'm looking to, when it launches, ally us with some of the larger LGBT-related fleets in the game. So I wanted to poke about now and see what sort of interest there is.

Comments

• Options
    blueweakblueweak Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is an LGBT-friendly fleet. We harbor no hatred towards anyone, nor do we tolerate any form of harassment within our fleets. Regardless of what past players may think of our violent past, we have worked diligently to establish a friendlier relationship with fleets who show internal strength and integrity with their members. For us, the game is meant to be fun and enjoyable. When the armadas are released, we would like to extend an olive branch with your fleet. If you would like, you could contact railrokh or nabreeki for the steps needed to start the armada.

I honestly don't know how the armada acquisition would work, but I am as eager as you are to find out!
  • Options
    dragnridrdragnridr Member Posts: 671 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is a known troll and hate fleet. I cannot recommend ANY fleet joining an armada with them.

Better advice is to keep looking. there are better fleets, like Trek Radio fleet, The_Kindred, and many others.
  • Options
    lagomorphiclagomorphic Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Starfleet Dental is not a hate fleet you big dummy, Dental is all about loving life and each other!
  • Options
    bones1970bones1970 Member Posts: 953 Arc User
    dragnridr wrote: »
    Starfleet Dental is a known troll and hate fleet. I cannot recommend ANY fleet joining an armada with them.

Better advice is to keep looking. there are better fleets, like Trek Radio fleet, The_Kindred, and many others.

I would join them, i had a blast last x-mas at the party (and won 3 lock-box ships), so far all contact with Starfleet Dental and NOP were good for me.
    So Dental when the armada system comes out and your looking for an other fleet: 7th. fleet, @bone1970
  • Options
    I'll be avoiding Dental. Their record is... mixed. A mix of fun events and aggressive trolling of groups already underserved by the game itself.

The good with Dental doesn't outweigh the bad.
  • Options
    xtern1tyxtern1ty Member Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Totally agree nadiezja,

Your interest in fleet alliances is good, but dragnridr speaks the truth. You do well avoiding Dental and their affiliated fleets and allies as they are well known griefers and bulliers.

If you are looking to be part of a LBGT Armada, I suggest either Stonewall fleet or the LBGT of Starfleet 9th order, as they are both well established and should have their own armadas once the system is up.

​​
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    My advice: Don't join Dental, they're trolls. They're sort of well-behaved on the KDF side, but they also trolled the Leonard Nimoy memorials, which was majorly uncool.

Only join xtern1ty if you're willing to catch a heaping load of drama to the face, they're at war with Dental and only the belligerents care who's winning.

Check Stonewall Fleet and LGBT 9th Order if you want a fleet specifically for LGBT people, but the Tal'Diann are a very friendly bunch who are very LGBT-friendly*, and there are a few other big names that are very nice and accepting.

*I myself am not affiliated with any of the above groups, but I have had some very positive interactions with members of all three fleets. @protogoth, from the Tal'Diann, has been especially kind and helpful to me when I needed Romulan lore for writing.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    worffan101 wrote: »
    My advice: Don't join Dental, they're trolls. They're sort of well-behaved on the KDF side, but they also trolled the Leonard Nimoy memorials, which was majorly uncool.

Only join xtern1ty if you're willing to catch a heaping load of drama to the face, they're at war with Dental and only the belligerents care who's winning.

Check Stonewall Fleet and LGBT 9th Order if you want a fleet specifically for LGBT people, but the Tal'Diann are a very friendly bunch who are very LGBT-friendly*, and there are a few other big names that are very nice and accepting.

*I myself am not affiliated with any of the above groups, but I have had some very positive interactions with members of all three fleets. @protogoth, from the Tal'Diann, has been especially kind and helpful to me when I needed Romulan lore for writing.

sup Worffan!

Hope you are doing well.

A little correction if I may, we are not at war with anyone, they just can't stay out of trouble and we happily help them on their way. ;) Have a glimpse at our fleet thread here and you'll see what I mean.
    ​​
  • Options
    worffan101worffan101 Member Posts: 9,518 Arc User
    xtern1ty wrote: »

sup Worffan!

Hope you are doing well.

A little correction if I may, we are not at war with Dental, they just can't stay out of trouble and we happily help them on their way. ;) Have a glimpse at our fleet thread here and you'll see what I mean.
    ​​

I've seen that thread. You've got some +5 cojones by provoking Dental, but unfortunately you're playing right into their hands.

And I will say no more on the matter because I'm not part of this feud and I don't want to get caught in the drama.
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    xtern1ty wrote: »

sup Worffan!

Hope you are doing well.

A little correction if I may, we are not at war with Dental, they just can't stay out of trouble and we happily help them on their way. ;) Have a glimpse at our fleet thread here and you'll see what I mean.

I've seen that thread. You've got some +5 cojones by provoking Dental, but unfortunately you're playing right into their hands.

And I will say no more on the matter because I'm not part of this feud and I don't want to get caught in the drama.

They actually tried that coming to the thread without so much as being mentioned, but you know the nature of the forums... Totally understand not getting involved. You have a good one.​​

PS: For the record, we did not provoke them, they been practicing ill behavior upon players while trying to make believe otherwise all along. All we've done is make that undeniably evident.​​
    Post edited by xtern1ty on
  • Options
    bones1970 wrote: »
    dragnridr wrote: »

I would join them, i had a blast last x-mas at the party (and won 3 lock-box ships), so far all contact with Starfleet Dental and NOP were good for me.
    So Dental when the armada system comes out and your looking for an other fleet: 7th. fleet, @bone1970

Dear bones1970,

I look forward to establishing a friendship with your fleet in the near future. If you need any help, feel free to contact me @blueweak in-game through the mail system. If you are looking to help your members out with ships, feel free to join the "nop public service" channel. They will help anyone out as long as nobody is trying to make a profit.

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
  • Options
    edited July 2015
    Tia, if you want team up or chat with us in game anytime, feel free. If you get harassed by those guys for turning them down, report it and place them on ignore. They've been known to do that sort of stuff. Rest assured I will interfere if necessary if you or any of your friends get picked on for any reason, as I have done for other players before. It's one of the reasons why griefers don't like my group around. We provide free cell ship invites, fleet map/holding invites and free fleet ships as well, let us know if you need anything and we'll get you set whether you're with our channel or not.​​
  • Options
    Dear Tia,

I know that Xean has posted a familiar response stating, "If you get harassed by those guys for turning them down, report it and place them on ignore." I would like to clarify that this was the exact response I received from XTERNITY leader, Xean. I requested a diplomatic alliance between both fleets to settle their differences and I was met with fierce hate and threats of documenting our players' real life information. I would recommend steering clear of XTERNITY for the time being. If you would like to talk about possible armada alliances, feel free to drop in the "NOP Public Service" channel. While being the most subscribed and active channel in the game, they offer all sorts of support that most fleets couldn't even match.

NOP Public Service offers a variety of invites for FED and KDF fleets, ranging from cell ship to Tier 5+ ships. Contact them and they will provide you with an invite. There is absolutely no buying, selling and forms of debt for getting ships through them. I personally wouldn't trust any other fleet outside of the NOP Public Service channel for finding ships.

Xean, I notice that the cell ships invites are a new thing for you and would like to recommend you register with NOP Public Service to ensure all players allowed free access to your ships. We keep the game free for everyone else.

Once again, the channel is "NOP Public Service". The channel has just celebrated its 2nd anniversary!

Sincerely,

Glutes
    Diplomatic Authority
    Starfleet Dental/Academy
  • Options
    stonewallfleetstonewallfleet Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    edited July 2015
    Hey nadiezja,

Stonewall Fleet would be very interested in you joining our Armada.

A little about us, Stonewall Fleet is one of largest and oldest fleets in Star Trek Online. Forming in 2008, we have been active in STO since closed beta. We are a TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE, bisexual, transgender and straight ally fleet.

If you're interested in joining, please join our website at http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/.
    ef60ddee6509cfb00c93237a0bfeec6b_large.png
  • Options
    gazurtoidgazurtoid Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    Stonewall Fleet ran a great event recently - lots of fun and lots of prizes. Folks seemed very nice too!

As for this Xtern1ty business. Xean - please do not derail yet another thread by bringing your personal vendettas into it. We get that you don't like Dental - good for you. But take your crusade to another forum. Or at least restrict it to your own threads - rather than trolling this one.
    yjkZSeM.gif
  • Options
    A reminder for the honorable players and fleets interested in nadiezja's good fleet, you can also use the forum messaging system if you want to avoid forum drama.
  • Options
    Hey nadiezja,

Stonewall Fleet would be very interested in you joining our Armada.

A little about us, Stonewall Fleet is one of largest and oldest fleets in Star Trek Online. Forming in 2008, we have been active in STO since closed beta. We are a TRIBBLE, TRIBBLE, bisexual, transgender and straight ally fleet.

If you're interested in joining, please join our website at http://fleet.stonewallgaming.net/.

Already joined your website. :) Stonewall's kind of my first choice here.