test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Full Screen Does Not Remain

feordilagorgefeordilagorge Member Posts: 247 Arc User
I noticed that the game never remains in full screen mode even though I have checked the options and full screen is set. I can tell instantly whenever it's in Windowed mode because parts of the screen near the edges are cut off and the mouse cursor does not exactly match where it should, like dragging sliders on windows.

If I set it to full screen (Alt+Enter), it will revert back if I tab out of the game. Then I noticed that there is also a "Full Screen" option in the launcher options and I've tried setting that, thinking that it would accomplish the task, but that does nothing. As soon as you tick the box and click "Save", you can reopen the options and tick is gone.

Please provide a solution to this as it is annoying. The game usually loads with the Windows task bar fully visible and the game screen isn't focused so I can't even click on it. I have to press Enter to load whatever character is selected and then change it from within the game, then exit to get the character I want.

My native resolution is 2160x1440. I have a GTX-680 graphics card.
Star Citizen: Pay-2-Win?
i.imgur.com/LGpIGVB.png

FREE HONG KONG! *
* With purchase of another Hong Kong of equal or greater value.
Post edited by feordilagorge on

Comments

• kirstieinkirstiein Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I also have this issue. It is really annoying having to put the game into full screen every single time I log in. Its also annoying not being able to alt tab out.

I have nividia 650 gtx video card.
    Helping people is my passion in life. If I see someone without a smile I try to give them mine. :)
  • golriatgolriat Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited July 2015
    Same Issue here but i thought i'd leave a comment since I got an AMD card HD5850 native res is 1920x1080. CAn't tab out really (sometimes that works) but the game switches to windowed mode. Each restart the game is automatically in windowed mode as if the option can't be saved. I wouldn't bother having windowed mode but the picture doesn't fit the screen anymore and the mouse does not translate the cursor position properly anymore. so the cursor is off to the actual positioning in the menu (that is highlighted). I will look into it by changing my dx stettings and update if something changed.

EDIT: Setting the Adapter to DX 9 fixed the issue. As far as i read in the forums here, there is no point in using dx 11 anyways.
  • drakonlord56drakonlord56 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I've noticed this on all three Cryptic games. This specially happens after an update. I try to remember to go into launcher options and ck that fullscreen is enable. Yep I have found it unchecked. :o